Let's bounce this idea around

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by ranredd, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ranredd

ranredd New Member

After having a discussion on that whole "paying" thread, I've thought of something.

A man's roles and responsibilities in a relationship seem to always be clearly defined. i.e. buy gifts/flowers/dinner/rub feet/obey just about every command.

EVERY and I mean EVERY female that I've asked (close friends) what the role of a female is, it draws blanks. I mean, how can you expect stuff out of someone without having expectations of yourself? Clearly nurturing mom comes to play but what about the actual male/female relationship? I'd really appreciate all of your input, because even I draw a blank. Which is why i think this topic needs some further examination.

2. Notaguru2

Gold Member

You don't know? =) You don't know that if you even start to suggest what their role is... you're gonna get flogged! That's what...

They know what their role is - they just don't like to be pigeonholed.

3. ranredd

ranredd New Member

LOL That's EXACTLY my point. You can't EVER expect something out of a female, but expectations are put upon us. So without me just coming out with it, I figured I'd like to get a general idea. LOL But as long as we don't bring it up, they're never pigeonholed. But we're pigeonholed for days. LOL I say we change the tables and start flogging when they start expecting gutters cleaned, and snow shoveled lol.

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

My role should be to be an equal to my male partner, but I've never had a male partner so I get to be the whole thing! yay

5. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    They draw blank??

We do allsorts.....

Aside from the sex which if you are straight you are not going to be having with your male friends.....

we.....

1. Look after you when you are ill, cos lets face it! its not a cold - its the plague!!!

2. When cohabiting tend to still do more of the housework,chores etc.

3. Play counsellor to you, you can talk to us about all the things you cannot talk to the guys about because we are SENSITIVE and have tact!!

4. Give you proper cuddles and affection and intimacy, do you cuddle the guys??

5. Help you with all tasks related to other females, e.g: choosing presents for your Mum or your sister.

6. Play hostess, in that we tend consider it our role to make your friends and family feel at home...

7. Constantly flatter your male ego.....

8. Can without fail be relied upon to say " YES it is BIG darling!! No I've never had bigger!!"

9. No matter how many times you ask, or if infact this is bullshit.

10. Put up with your male friends some of whom are often downright arrogant and sometimes worryingly strange, but go along with it because thats just the way Pete/Nick/John is.....

I could go on

This list is by no means exhaustive and I hope other women add things!!

Yes I will agree female roles are less obvious, but we actually do LOADS!!!!

6. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where have these rules been clearly defined? Do you really think your role in a relationship is to basically just obey orders? :confused:

7. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

Jizz receptacle.

*dives under desk*

8. Notaguru2

Gold Member

You do it because you love us, and our Mom's aren't there. Our mothers would never throw this in our face! =)

No argument. BUT, I'll do the laundry, if you cut the fire wood, or change the oil in the car, or clean the gutters, or ... I could go on.

Actually, I find its the other way around. We'll call this a toss-up.

You don't need it too? I'll give you partial credit for this one.

Well, if we did it... we'd be done shopping in 10 minutes!

True.

Like we don't have to constantly argue with you that you're not FAT, and yes your hair is beautiful... yes, your tits still look as perky as they did when we met 10 years ago...

You lying slags.... =)

See #7.

The words reserved for YOUR friends can't compare. Damn, Amber... nice list. I'll give you a score of 7 out of 10 stars. Thanks for playing... :biggrin1:

9. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

10. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Im glad im not the only one who isn't seeing his "responsibilities" as kosher.

I think the only responsibilities any partner has is to love, be honest and consider your partner in any decisions you make. Things such as gifts/flowers/dinner/rub feet aren't responsibilities, they are things you do for someone you care about.

And as for obey. :eek: If you are in a relationship where you are expected to obey, then buy them a dog and get the fuck out of there

11. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    LOL

@ Notaguru

1. The Cold thing I am not throwing in you mens faces!! Is it or is it not something we do. Yes it done out of love and you know full well it IS 'The Plague'

5. Yes love you'd be done in 10 minutes and you'd fuck it up!!! Exactly why we do it!!!

You're right love my list is good!! :-D

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Clearly, you are having problems in your current relationship and I can see why. You're a jack ass.

When dating, otherwise intelligent men who run corporations and have memorized the starting line up of the '69 Mets start forgetting things. :confused: Which then become the girlfriends responsibility. Things like: picking up and dropping off his dry cleaning, making reservations, remembering his immediate familys birthdays and buying them gifts. We keep your lives running like a Swiss watch because you are unable to do it without us. :irked:
    According to the King James Bible: 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helpmate for him.
    Many biblical scholars have many theories on what this verse actually means. Most agree that a helpmate is a wife or spouse. From there the discussion kinda goes down hill, but you can Google it and form your own opinion.

You stupid, male chauvinist, ignorant shit! Men expect women to do everything they can't or won't and you never think twice about asking. Men like you just dictate. :mad: The second we ask you to do something outside the house because you refuse to do anything inside the house, for fear you balls might fall off if you wash a dish, change a diaper, or vaccuum; you pull this shit. Oh and while we are running your household, raising your children and cooking your meals we are usually working full-time outside the home. :irked:

:angryfire2: What is your next stupid ass question, ranredd?

:rocketwhore: :tool: :angryfire2::bye:

13. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I deserved that.

Although really it's from a George Carlin joke, not me.

14. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    From being a child i observed my Mother working her Heart out from Dawn to Dusk
    Always it impressed upon me the saying 'a womans work is never done'
    I made my own mind up in my Teens that a Womans role in life required her to work almost 1/2 as much again as the Male
    Male-Go to work/come home/collapse rest eat sleep (Some of us/better cover myself!)
    Woman-Prepare the kids for school/clean the house/ (in our case go out to our Commercial Garden to work) Cook 2 meals a day/be there for us kids when we got home/wash clothes/kids to bed
    (apart from a host of other things-crying kids etc)
    Hardly time to rest eat sleep
    No wonder i am Gay and quite adept at all of the above..hah
    enz
    -as or the M/F relationship..if the Male happens to be a Lazy Ass..the Woman has effectivly doubled/tripled even .. her work load'
    ---You asked OP---

15. Mr_Cumalot

Mr_Cumalot New Member

Albums:
    Women do lots of hard work especially looking after the home and the family. However dont tell me telling a bloke his cock is big is a chore, or massaging his ego. Both of there take place to make the man feel good so he then in turn treats her even better, and nothing should be said that isnt true.

16. ranredd

ranredd New Member

Above all else, no need for name calling. This is a discussion, not the dozens.

17. ranredd

ranredd New Member

I agree with just about everything you said (except for the gay thing). I think that's why my mother taught me how to be completely independent. The probelm that i'm having is.......what is the guy is NOT a lazy ass. We're talking about equality on all fronts except for that money one. It seems that even if housely duties a drawn down the middle, we're STILL expected to pick up more tabs and wine & dine more. That's where the basis of my question comes from.

18. Notaguru2

Gold Member

That's why our Executive Assistants pick out your Anniversary presents too. :cool:

19. Principessa

Gold Member

Why are you rolling his cigs Kotchanski? :confused: I thought all you proper Brits smoked Dunhill's.

20. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Draft saved Draft deleted