Let's bounce this idea around

tonsilwrecker

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmm... Very interesting topic... As to roles, that's a moving target...

The big question from the man's perspective is: What does a woman really want?

The big answer (to the dummies who don't already know this) is: A woman wants to control her own destiny/path in life.

So, as to roles, I don't think that matters as much as to making strides/endeavors to achieve wants, desires, and needs.

Does that make sense?

ranredd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't define the role of every woman, just like I can't the role of every man, for me, it is whatever works within the current relationship.

I get up at 6:30am, do some housework, maybe bake some bread or cakes, make breakfast for him and the kids, then make packed lunches for hubby and the kids, quite often a basket of muffins or something for the guys hubby works with

7:30am I get the kids up, feed them, get them showered and ready for school. Sort hubbies clothes out for work.

8:00am Get hubby up, give him his breakfast and a coffee, have his clothes ironed for when he gets out of the shower.

At 8:30am he leaves for work and I walk the kids to school.

From that point it varies, but I do a daily shop for whatever I happen to be making for dinner, do the housework, walk to dog and at some point. A large part of the day is spent doing housework and making fresh pasta, pizza bases, bread, cakes, sauces, whatever is needed for dinner that night and packed lunches the next morning.

3:00pm I get the kids from school, take the dog with me so she gets an extra walk, back home and help the kids with their homework, read a book with them. Carry on with cooking

5:00pm Start actually making dinner and cleaning up after the kids

5:30pm Clean kitchen apart from the things the food is actually cooking in

5:40pm Put the kettle on, roll hubby a cig, put on his desk and log him into WoW ready for when he gets home

5:50pm Lay table and serve dinner

6:30pm Wash up, empty indoor bins, put main bins out if needed

7:00pm Get kids ready to bed, take dog out

7:30pm Put kids to bed, read them a story

8:00pm Provided hubby doesn't need anything and all the work is done, I relax, apart from making coffee and rolling cigs for hubby

I don't expect anything from hubby with regards to buying me gifts, paying for meals and so on, we both have money coming in, and it all goes into one account, we share everything in that respect.

Sorry Dear I would.....if I did all that day in day out I think I'd expect

a gold toilet seat and a diamond encrusted dildo!!! And also one day a week where he indulged my every whim and I only answered to

the name Queen Cleopatra!!!!!
And that right there my friends, is the majority that i speak of. Now i commend Kotcha because i think even her workload is unfair. But i think others would expect more if they did even less and the husband did more. And again, different strokes for different folks, so i agree that what works for one relationship may not work for another.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
After having a discussion on that whole "paying" thread, I've thought of something.

A man's roles and responsibilities in a relationship seem to always be clearly defined. i.e. buy gifts/flowers/dinner/rub feet/obey just about every command.

EVERY and I mean EVERY female that I've asked (close friends) what the role of a female is, it draws blanks. I mean, how can you expect stuff out of someone without having expectations of yourself? Clearly nurturing mom comes to play but what about the actual male/female relationship? I'd really appreciate all of your input, because even I draw a blank. Which is why i think this topic needs some further examination.

Very interesting thread. I have a few points to make:

1. Relationships, responsibilities, etiquitte are very different from region to region. Even a person's upbringing can affect the notion of what is appropriate during dating. Living in a conservation, small town, men and women have defined responsibilities and perform them like breathing air.

2. To bring my point, take a look at this: Southern Belle etiquette it is a chuckle, but it is reality to certain areas and certain ages. Enjoy the read.

3. While there are differences during courtship/dating, the most successful married couple have learned how to live as one and help each other. Never counting, never expecting, giving and receiving...

ranredd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very interesting thread. I have a few points to make:

1. Relationships, responsibilities, etiquitte are very different from region to region. Even a person's upbringing can affect the notion of what is appropriate during dating. Living in a conservation, small town, men and women have defined responsibilities and perform them like breathing air.

2. To bring my point, take a look at this: Southern Belle etiquette it is a chuckle, but it is reality to certain areas and certain ages. Enjoy the read.

3. While there are differences during courtship/dating, the most successful married couple have learned how to live as one and help each other. Never counting, never expecting, giving and receiving...

And that's ideally what should happen. Can't wait to see what the Southern Belle's are about lol. Clearly i'm noticing the mixed response just from the point you made. Depending on when, where, and how these people are raised has a MASSIVE effect on how things go now.