Let's discuss this image!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
GW was in the skull and bones club at Harvard? or was it Yale? The one where they get drunk and do funny things with native american corpse parts....

Skull and Bones, The Yale Secret Society

That's a creepy Yale thing. For the majority of my 25+ year career, I worked in or within a stone's throw from the campuses of either MIT, Harvard or Yale. Of the three, I found the Yalies to be the dimmest, most condescending and most self-righteous of the three (but it's a close race) :wink:

Though I never voted for GW Bush, I loathed my alternates with almost as much gusto. I'd have probably voted for McCain in 2000 had his name been on the ballot. I cannot imagine how a Gore/Lieberman administration would have reacted differently (Lieberman is essentially a neo-con is sheep's clothing) to 9/11. Saddam was a whipping boy throughout the Clinton years, too, and an invasion of Iraq was probably inevitable. A Kerry/Edwards <shudder> administration would not have prevented the bank crisis nor the collapse in the housing market.

All that having been said, GW Bush will rightfully be remembered as a dimwit and failure on the same level as Pierce and Harding, though for different reasons. It was a national embarrassment to have a president who was unable to pronounce "nuclear"; his disastrous introduction of "faith-based" into the public sector (where both the CDC and NIH became Talibanized) doomed a generation of HIV/AIDS preventative efforts to "Abstinence Only". And don't get me started on PEPFAR :mad::frown1:

Only posterity will be able to adequately judge the degree to which cutting taxes while waging two imperialist wars of conquest has capsized our economy and prolonged and deepened hostilities between the US and Islam.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm very glad you don't burn people anymore!

There's a fine line between satire & ridicule, & unfortunately few true talented misanthropes - who clearly are the most unbiased satirists, & with all the legal challenges...

I prefer satirists who attack everyone at some point, even stuff that makes oneself uncomfortable, & yes all politicians are gits. Is there any ritual to get them to annually & publically humble/humiliate themselves each year.

If I find anything else I will post it.:wink:

Google Image Result for http://angela-stevens.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/political-cartoons1-thumb.gif

Thanks! Here's some more not USA aimed, very much anyway

International Society For Human Rights Advertising Has Pie on Dictators&#8217; Faces &#8211; Eat Me Daily
helgaleena healing line : Healing Lines / General / druids use satire!

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media

This guy's won a Pulitzer Prize for internet animated satire
Obama | Mark Fiore's Animated Cartoon Site

GW was in the skull and bones club at Harvard? or was it Yale? The one where they get drunk and do funny things with native american corpse parts....

http://skullandcrossbones.org/articles/skullandbones.htm

I think they get extra credit for that. John Kerry was a "Boner" too!

Obama is related to Bush & Cheney of course! In the UK David Cameron is related to the Queen. Families eh?

Last edited:

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He was a goofball, but the so called "checks and balances" could have prevented much of what is blamed on him, when dems controlled both houses.

??? I don't understand what that means? Bush was openly defiant of the "checks and balances" throughout his time in office.

He claimed to be against "activist judges" but rode into office with a decision by an extremely activist Supreme Court decision that essentially usurped a state's right to conduct an election. If a leftward candidate had taken such a case to the Supreme there would have been rioting in the streets and talk of the federal government destroying state's rights.

Further Bush showed his hatred checks and balances with his "signing statements" which essential declared that the executive branch was not beholden to whichever law he happened to be signing into law at the time, even those precisely directed at the executive branch.

There was no Dem majority when Bush led us down the rabbit hole of Iraq. Remember when we were promised a quick end and $1 gasoline. This blackhole of a war has destroyed any worldwide support we had after 9/11 and we have nothing to show for the trillions of dollars spent except a Middle East that is really fucked up and a pile of US military corpses.

The dems were not in charge when Bush destroyed FEMA by moving it to a super "security" and then did not fund it. All these agencies were being asked to perform security with no money so they raided FEMA. New Orleans was the result.

I could go on and on. There are complete books outlining these and other matters describe the disastrous Bush presidency. The only alternatives have been by administration staffers who have a vested interest in "correcting" history. I suggest you look at one of these books. The only way Bush will be treated kinder by history is if a right-wing junta takes over the US and decrees what books will say about him.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._390355647881_677402881_4271838_3773932_n.jpg

I am a Reformed Druid of North America and am trying to spread the art of satire. This image is concerned with United States politics.

So, does it make you laugh? Does it enrage you? Is it essentially true or false?

Since there was a recent thread here saying the Politics forum is not fun any more, I though this might help.

And yes, I am aware of that fine publication The Onion. I tried to get a job with them years ago but I wasn't funny enough. :rolleyes:

:lol:

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Perhaps you could do the same? I've never heard of a 49 year old academic who has never produced 1 sheet of scholarly work!

And selected should be elected surely.

He must have had amazing grades to get into Harvard, especially after a 5 year gap? What were they?

How was he ever a professor? Professor's by definition have tenure - he was a senior lecturer.

Wow crackoff, you're worse than I thought.

Perhaps you could do the same? I've never heard of a 49 year old academic who has never produced 1 sheet of scholarly work!

Collins English Dictionary said:
academic
adj
1. (Social Science / Education) belonging or relating to a place of learning, esp a college, university, or academy
2. of purely theoretical or speculative interest an academic argument
3. excessively concerned with intellectual matters and lacking experience of practical affairs
4. (esp of a schoolchild) having an aptitude for study
5. conforming to set rules and traditions; conventional an academic painter
6. (Social Science / Education) relating to studies such as languages, philosophy, and pure science, rather than applied, technical, or professional studies

n (Social Science / Education) a member of a college or university

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Did you get that? Not one of those definitions requires writing of academic papers. So, you lose that point.

And selected should be elected surely.
Now, read this carefully: at Harvard, editors are SELECTED. The editors ELECT a President. Did you not look at the reference I provided earlier? No? Too lazy or too stupid or just trying to win a fight by sounding like you're aware of things you clearly aren't? Look again:

WikiPedia said:
Fourteen editors (two from each 1L section) are selected based on a combination of their first-year grades and their competition scores. Twenty editors are selected based solely on their competition scores. The remaining editors are selected on a discretionary basis.

SELECTED. See that? Read it again here in its entirety. You lose. Again.

He must have had amazing grades to get into Harvard, especially after a 5 year gap? What were they?

Non-sequitur. He must have had an undergraduate degree with reasonable grades. Why does he need amazing grades? Did he claim to have amazing grades? I think not. Further, only race-baiters, Obama-haters and Glenn Beck want to make the President's pre-Harvard years into something that they aren't.

In fact, why are his grades relevant to the FACTS I presented in my first post? This is a rhetorical question because anybody who read that post knows the answer: they are not. He attended Harvard. Good enough for me. Who cares what his grades were before that? Does it matter (with the obvious exception of mattering to race-baiters, Obama-haters and Glenn Beck)?

You lose on a technicality. I didn't make a claim about his grades, the President didn't make a claim about his grades, and his pre-Harvard education wasn't a point of the post.

How was he ever a professor? Professor's by definition have tenure - he was a senior lecturer.

Wrong again. He was a senior lecturer for his last eight years there... again, if you read my source you knew that:

WikiPedia said:
In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book. He then served as a professor at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law.

What's the problem with being a senior lecturer? Here's a good explanation I found (and you probably could have also found, but you'd rather assume you're a smart guy):

Answers.com said:
Lecturer is an academic rank. In the United Kingdom, lecturer is a position at a university or similar institution, often held by academics in their early career stages, who lead research groups and supervise research students, as well as teach. However, in the United States, Canada, and other countries influenced by their educational systems, the term is used differently but generally denotes academics without tenure who teach introductory undergraduate courses and have few or no research responsibilities.

You will note that a professor doesn't denote tenure, as you wrongly assert. The most common definition is:

Answers.com - definition of "professor" said:
  1. A college or university teacher who ranks above an associate professor.
  2. A teacher or instructor.
  3. One who professes.

Some other notable University of Chicago "senior lecturers" include:

• Richard Posner - judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago and a Senior Lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School.
  • Kenneth W. Dam - a senior fellow of the Brookings Institution and a professor emeritus and senior lecturer at the University of Chicago.
  • James A. Davis - a distinguished American sociologist and until recently, a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Chicago.
Nice try attempting to make "senior lecturer" one rung above janitor, but you lose. Again. In fact, you've lost every one of your points. I don't know if you feel stupid, but you certainly look stupid.

Overall crackoff, I'd say you're just a big loser. Next time you want to try to make me sound like I'm not aware of what I'm talking about, you had better do some research. Otherwise, you'll just look worse than you do already.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He was a goofball, but the so called "checks and balances" could have prevented much of what is blamed on him, when dems controlled both houses.

You're kidding, right? You have any real memory of recent history? Any true knowledge of how congress works?

The Democrats took control, and only by the slimmest of margins, after the election of 2006. That gave them less than two full years at the tail end of King George's reign.

And at that, the Dems did NOT have a filibuster proof majority in the senate which the republicans took full advantage of.

Understand what you're saying before you say it pal!

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fair enough,but the whole American ethos derives from the old racist "one drop of blood" crap.

Most Britons would say mixed race when it's clear that there are European features. Why deny one colour or heritage based on perceived skin tone?
I dont think I ever said 'mixed race' in my life. Thats the sort of wording popular on those increasingly complicated forms they give out free with job applications enquiring in ever increasing detail whether you are 1/10 inuit.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I dont think I ever said 'mixed race' in my life. Thats the sort of wording popular on those increasingly complicated forms they give out free with job applications enquiring in ever increasing detail whether you are 1/10 inuit.

Well it's accurate! Obama clearly doesn't look Kenyan, & neither did my stepson look like a Hottentot(self described by the other half - not me!) - though he was half.

Mixed classifies both heritages. Why deny one? It's oppressive.

Surely mixed race is a warmer & more progressive classification? Why force people into one camp?