Let's help Dubya's credibility

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jay_too, Feb 13, 2004.

1. jay_too

jay_too New Member

The dental record that the White House released to show President Bush was at Dannelly Air National Guard base in Montgomery, Ala., on Jan. 6, 1973 is the first definitive evidence Bush was ever at the Alabama base in the period from May 1972 to May 1973. However, according to the Washington Post, the White House refuses to release all of Bush's military records despite Bush's weekend pledge to Tim Russert that he would.

So what is being hidden? Did Dubya flunk a drug test? Get dissed on an Efficiency Report?

America wants to know. America wants to help Dubya keep his promise.

jay

2. Imported

Gold Member

James249620002000: Well, they finally found someone that saw GW at drills. Of course, none of the officers or instructors remember him being there. Strange how GW and his family always come up with something a few days later....Is anything being greased with money?

3. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: *sigh*

Y'all know by now that I'd be the last of all people to defend Dubya, but this news was known back in 2000, although mainstream media failed to pick up on it.

We've got enough dirt on him from 2000-2004 without having to reach back into the vault. So he's dishonest about something that happened back in 1972? Heck, he lied about the WMD's just last year!

4. Imported

Gold Member

joe: Hows gives a flying fuck. He still has a small cock. Hes no Mario Cuomo

5. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=mindseye link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#2 date=02/13/04 at 14:27:05] Heck, he lied about the WMD's just last year![/quote]
    Answer one thing for me...

You know that there are many different kinds of WMD's. Not all weapons of mass destruction are huge missiles and bombs aimed at the US being made in huge factories. I've re-read Bush's speeches, and he made it clear that they were most looking for WMD's of a different kind. I.e biological hazards. A small vial of dangerous biological material can be dumped into a river and kill an entire town. That constitutes as a WMD's. These little vials can be made in the backs of vans, not huge factories. Do you people know the odds of finding these vials? So how are you so sure Bush was lying just because he couldn't find a needle in a haystack? hmmm?

6. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#4 date=02/13/04 at 16:28:50]So how are you so sure Bush was lying just because he couldn't find a needle in a haystack?[/quote]

Problem is, he can't find a needle in a sewing kit.

But to answer your question, some of the time he talked about biological weapons. That doesn't negate the fact that on other occasions, he flat-out lied -- for example, about purchasing uranium from Niger.

And even some of the statements about the biological weapons were false -- misrepresenting weather stations as weapons labs, for example.

7. jay_too

jay_too New Member

mindseye..

To me and to many of my generation, this is an issue.

Why? Well, it is us that are and will be called upon to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think those who are selected to die or be maimed in defense of U.S. foreign policy should have had an important voice in the march to war. Some of us questioned the basis for war [ya know, WMDs] and the benefits [enraging Muslims around the globe]. In a democratic republic, a discussion about a dubious military operation should have ocurred.

I would have preferred to spend $1 trillion or so infastructure, education [as you know the majority of students in science and engineering in U.S. colleges and universities are foreign], environmental protection, universal health care, etc.

The decisions leading to war in Iraq were made by an inner circle that did not get put in harm's way in the war of THEIR generation, namely Vietnam. It has been reported that Dubya's application for pilot training with Texas Air National Guard contained the request that he be trained as a jet pilot but not serve overseas. Is it true? The release of all records will tell.

jay

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=jay_too link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#6 date=02/13/04 at 19:11:00]I think those who are selected to die or be maimed in defense of U.S. foreign policy should have had an important voice in the march to war. [/quote]

They did, Jay. They joined the armed forces, for heaven's sake.

Pecker

I tried glass blowing but I inhaled and got a pane in my stomach.

9. jay_too

jay_too New Member

[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#4 date=02/13/04 at 16:28:50]
    A small vial of dangerous biological material can be dumped into a river and kill an entire town.  That constitutes as a WMD's.  These little vials can be made in the backs of vans, not huge factories. [/quote]

I think you have read too many thrillers and not taken enough science courses. You would be hard pressed to come up with an example of a dangerous biological material that could do this. In this country, most towns get their water from water treatment facilities [ya know, river water through the treatment plant to distribution system]. So a combination of sunlight, aeration, carbonate precipitation, and oh yeah, a shot of chlorination would kill the dangerous biological materials [pathogens].

Elsewhere I have said that the ancillary eqipment for a bio lab would occupy substantial space, perhaps a building for a relatively small area for handling pathogens. Relative sizes of ancillary to hot area would probably be 10:1 or more.

jay

10. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Pecker...

So they are expendable?

jay

11. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#4 date=02/13/04 at 16:28:50]You know that there are many different kinds of WMD's.[/quote]
    Nuclear, chemical, biological . . . Having found that there are none of the above in Iraq, and that there was no real intelligence suggesting that there was (A piece of fiction written by a student ten years ago, plagiarized to the point of having the exact same typos, doesn't count.), I'd suggest you quit trying to be an apologist.

Remember how Fox News kept saying that they found them, and it turned out to be balloons or something equally moronic?

Invisible Pink Unicorns.

12. jonb

Gold Member

Oh, and about the Bush deficit. A lot of it's from tax cuts where they won't help the economy.

13. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: NO Jaytoo, that type of weapon is real and very dangerous. You can choose to believe it or not, but that was the main kind of weapon Bush was looking for. Who knows how many deaths and terrorist attacks he prevented by attacking Iraq. You'll never know because you are safe right now, so you will criticize his actions. However, if Bush had done nothing, and more people would have died from another terrorist attack you would criticize him for that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess...

You can pollute a town's water supply and reserves with a vial of dangerous biological hazards and kill thousands of people, believe it or not.

14. jay_too

jay_too New Member

gig..

So what is this mysterious biological material(s)? How did it become endowed with mythical properties that allow it to survive and thrive in a hostile world? Truthfully, I cannot imagine what it might be. Oh wait...could it be more Republican bullshit?

jay

15. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Oi...

(Rolls tape)

Bla Bla Bla - Bush sucks - Bla Bla Bla - Nitwit- Bla Bla Bla -Gig, pick up a newspaper- Bla Bla Bla- David Kayes report - Bla Bla Bla- Powells doubts- Bla Bla Bla- Bush lied about his motives -Bla Bla Bla-

(End of tape)

16. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I did read Kayes' report and he seems to believe Saddam had WMD's, as well as Blix (UN INSPECTOR).

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/9/115035.shtml

And about Powell's doubts, where was this reported and when? I searched all over the internet for anything of this nature and found nothing. Someone give me some fucking links so I can discredit it.

There is a mythical property called Anthrax which he could have very well had, and which could very easily have been disposed of.

Most Liberal morons choose to ignore a lot of the facts and to support their bullshit opinions. Especially when they are young and don't know shit. At least some of us younger people have a brain, and don't become Liberal because it's "cool", or because all our friends are doing it.

17. jay_too

jay_too New Member

[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#15 date=02/14/04 at 13:06:00]
    There is a mythical property called Anthrax which he could have very well had, and which could very easily have been disposed of.  

Most Liberal morons choose to ignore a lot of the facts and to support their bullshit opinions.  Especially when they are young and don't know shit.  At least some of us younger people have a brain, and don't become Liberal because it's "cool", or because all our friends are doing it.[/quote]

Dude, you can dump a 40 pound sack of anthrax in a river without affecting the quality of the drinking water
    in a municipal water system. Anthrax is not the hazard in aqueous solution that it is an aerosol. Before you take on a techie on science and engineering issues, I suggest that you level the playing feild by taking some (well, a bunch) math, science, and engineering courses.

You are somethingelse. You pick fights with people on the board that are more educated and maybe even more intelligent and then, rant about how ignorant they are. Is that any way to behave?

Seriously, this is a discussion and not a war. We are not your enemy; we are protagonists in an open-ended discussion. Sometimes, each of us has said something that was in error and should be corrected; facts sometimes can change one's position on an issue. Other times we may throw something out to see how it floats [personally, I think you use this more than any other poster]. At times I have overstated a position because of an event that affected a good friend; I came back at a later time and admitted the rhetoric or the emotion was a little strong.

Have my views irritated some on the board? Yes. That is the nature of a discussion. I make an effort to state and interpret technical issues in lay terms and to refute misinformation that the media injects. They are trying to interpret concepts that they do not understand. At times, the administration mis-speaks or overstates the validity of a technical issue; here again, I try to explain the science. Recently, we saw the Godfather of Prozac, Rumsfeld, tell the American people that vials of biological agents or antrax might be hidden in Iraq. Yea, so? We know they did not have the capability to make it weapons grade or a delivery system. Antrax in water is no big deal. It is widespread in the natural environment.

To me this important information that should be shared.

jay

18. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: Well anthrax has been shot down. What else can we dump into a river to kill a whole town? Would it work on a whole village? What about a whole city?

Below is a link to a story on Powell's statements regarding this matter. I've only pasted the part relating to what he said that started this particular storm. The article goes on about Powell's new statements clarifying (not sure if that's the right term) what he said before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3454783.stm

But he said the belief that Iraq had these weapons had made the case for war stronger and added that he did not know if he would have recommended an invasion if this belief had proved unfounded.

"It was the stockpile that presented the final little piece that made it more of a real and present danger and threat to the region and to the world," he said.

"[The] absence of a stockpile changes the political calculus; it changes the answer you get."

There's more I'm sure but I just got back into town and need to unpack.

19. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1076709498;start=0#15 date=02/14/04 at 13:06:00]I did read Kayes' report and he seems to believe Saddam had WMD's, as well as Blix (UN INSPECTOR).

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/9/115035.shtml

And about Powell's doubts, where was this reported and when?  I searched all over the internet for anything of this nature and found nothing.  Someone give me some fucking links so I can discredit it.

[/quote]

David Kayes report tells us there was not enough reason to believe there were WMD to go to war, THAT is the thing.

You forget to mention that Blix SUSPECTED weapons before invading, and during inspections. AFTER the inspections he said he doubted there were, and cautioned the US to not invade. He even publically badmouthed the Bush adm. for being dickheads (my own words)

I have the CNN links in my pocket...as well as the ones of Reuters, BBC, and CBS. About Kaye, Blix AND powell my rather pretentious and arrogant friend.

But im sorry, I couldnt find the link on www.nitwitstell.com , so I guess I cant find anything confiable.

Bye Gigz, dream on dude, your full of it, and a little more.

20. jonb

Gold Member

Well, Jay, it's like this:

figures XOR panic
    IF panic THEN ratings
    IF ratings THEN money

Draft saved Draft deleted