Let's say we live for 80 years or so...and then depart.

This can turn into a complicated question, and answer.

For those that believe there is nothing after you depart, but only what you leave behind.

For those that depart and there maybe something else to move on too.

For those with faith that when you do depart, it does not end here but lives on eternally there.

For those that believe whatever they do will make no difference whatsoever.

Those that believe a little in all of the above.

Other?

So many ways you can pose a question, as you can do an answer....How this came about is I visit a local Spa...(shop) Owned by Hindu Figian/Indian people. I said something with regard to life and Tasha mentioned the Indian.."bibles" :) I said Christians have a few of those too:) as well as others... but i trust in my own bible. If the centre of my chest does not agree with my mind, it's not right and vice versa. When they agree and not in conflict with one another, it is right. Pretty simple. Some may view this as instinct (evolution), some as faith, others as wisdom.

Some others though, a little from all of the above.

There are some things I have evolved with, there are some things that I have faith in, there are some things I alone only believe in through my own observations, knowledge wisdom and time iI have spent here with you all so far.

All I know or have learned is, each day brings a new discovery, questions are answered, but with each answer comes another whole set of questions. :)

Reactions: AlteredEgo

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tJRU1EK.jpg

I have zero grievances against anyone having a belief system. But too many of those systems dictate to their members to convert or kill anyone not a member. Please let me die in peace and let your Big Guy deal with me as he wishes.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Don't know exactly what the question is but i'm one of those that think nothing happens after. It's the only reasonable answer to me. And just departing isn't that big a deal. We don't live to die. We live to live.

parchissi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have quite a definite view on this matter...its the way I was raised...pre life....earth life....after life...its how my ancestors believed and it makes sense to me....just saying...

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A useful concept is that of consciousness. I'm immediately into a definition problem as the term is slippery. The basic level is being aware of the body, of sensations, which is what many animals have. However there's also being aware of being aware, which perhaps only humans have. There's also being aware of the cosmos, or being aware of God.

We don't know what consciousness is, where it comes from, or where it goes. It is by no means certain that it is created from nothing with the birth of a human being, nor that it vanishes with death. Consciousness which is aware of the cosmos and of God transcends a single human being. It cannot die.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
once I'm dead I will still be alive as a part of me has been deposited here on the planet and my essence, my soul will flourish as it unites with millions and milions of other souls in the great collective where all become 1 while still being singular.....

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Perhaps I will return to this earth again in another form.... maybe next time I'll be happier... or not.

Perhaps when this body dies, my soul will rest peacefully (as if in a pleasant dream). Perhaps my soul will be forever tormented (as if in a nightmare).

Perhaps when I die, there is nothing left of me. Only the ashes that are scattered to hopefully make at least one thing grow in my lifetime.

Perhaps my spirit will wander the earth protecting the innocent, as an angel that protects us from out own stupidity.

But, I do not believe in streets of gold, pearly gates, jewels in crowns, or heavenly mansions. I just can't make my brain go there.. no matter what I've been taught through the years.

But, I hope I am remembered by those who have loved me, in a positive way. And that my life mattered to at least a few.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
dont think humankind should live even 30 years v
embryo stage shouldent even happen
going by t the way an amount of people behave, against each other ..

but
in saying that i have visions that on death
we will become one of those multitudes of stars, up there in space
gazing down at the folly of man, etc etc

Q
is a childs voice singing on a Adult site/LPSG a bannable offence
not in TOS or been ratified .. he assumes ..

twinkle twinkle'

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
dont think humankind should live even 30 years v
embryo stage shouldent even happen
going by t the way an amount of people behave, against each other ..

but
in saying that i have visions that on death
we will become one of those multitudes of stars, up there in space
gazing down at the folly of man, etc etc

Q

twinkle twinkle'

I certainly would hope not.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I consider myself a healthy agnostic. I'm not conceited enough to be an atheist. After all, we think with a head full of meat, and our only reality is logic. Could it be there is something beyond logic and the observable universe at work behind the scenes? I don't mean an old man with a white beard doing Jedi hand tricks with the planets.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The 'person' who is me will be utterly gone.
Traces of my body will persist over a very long period of time—but I am not my body, and 'I' will be utterly gone.
If consciousness, as some say, underlies all of the universe, including my body and my unit consciousness, then that consciousness will continue, but in no sense will the person 'Conan' remain.
If the consciousness that underlay 'Conan' remains, then perhaps something essential to 'Conan' remains, but it is not personal at all.
From the standpoint of the ego, this is horrendous.
But from any other standpoint, it is no problem at all.

This is my usual take on this question, but please don't think I have any real certainty about it at all. We have to live with mystery, given the limitations of our intellects.

Reactions: Betty_Cocker

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I totally understand it the way Conan explained it.

The only thing that will remain of me will be the memory of me in the minds of my loved ones.

I know of a person whose great great grandmother died before she was born, but all of her life this person has spoken of her "Granny" as if she knew her well. All she ever saw were pictures. And if there is such a thing as reincarnation I believe this person is her 'Granny' reincarnated. It's weirdly eerie.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
The blind spot of the secular world. We aren't taught about our rich and varied religious world and we
certainly don't express it in our media for the most part.

But briefly one example.

The church until the 20th century had recognized only one general miracle in france. It then recognized
the appearance of the Virgin Mary in guadalupe , mexico 500 years ago. The evidence. The Virgin Mary left a picture / painting of herself.

Juan Diego { who some scientists doubt existed } was travelling to mexico city when he hear a chorus.
One of the members of the chorus was the Virgin Mary. Now there must have been something unworldly about the chorus for Juan to believe it.

She asked him to ask the bishop of mexico to built a church on the spot they were standing on. To
make a long story short he presented the bishop roses in a tilma cloth. Moments later the image appeared and the bishop sank to his knees crying.

The image supposely of the Virgin Mary has been studied intensely by artists and scientists for 500 years. You may have not heard of it but the California Institute of Technology as well as their counterparts across the river from harvard have.

As far as i know no one has been able to explain how it was created or why it has remained in
pristine condition for 500 years.. Lepers have pressed it against their bodies, soldiers pressed their weapons on it , smoke surrounded the painting for decades etc. A bomb exploded underneath it destroying the wall behind it but it remained unharmed.

In 1920 a sample of the painting was given to the nobel prize winner in physics who stated it wasn't paint and has never seen a substance like it. It was then given to richard kuhn the nobel prize winner in chemistry who stated it lacked the natural mineral and animal coloring you would expect.

One of the most interesting efforts , if you want to call it that , was by cornell engineer Jose Tonsmann
who used a digital process used by satellites and space probes in transmitting visual information.

After 20 years tonsmann was able to determine the existence of 13 microscopic images in the eyes as reported earlier.He magnified the image 2500 times through mathematical and optical procedures to reveal what appears to be the scene when the tilma was unfolded before the bishop as seen
through the eyes {supposely} of the Virgin Mary.

Furthermore the images are exactly where they would be in live eyes and exhibit the samson-purkinje effect { our eyes are curved }.

One of dozens if not hundred of studies. MIT sent a team to mexico this centur;y. I don't know the results.
But i've read from various sources that live blood vessels have been seen in the free edge of the eyes.

But that's only a brief introduction to a complex world we aren't exposed to. Many other events both minor and major.

Reactions: malakos

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Departure presumes you continue after death. You won't. Like countless trillions of creatures before you, you will be forgotten and your species will go extinct.

The feeling in your chest isn't in your chest. It's in the right hemisphere of your brain.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The blind spot of the secular world. We aren't taught about our rich and varied religious world and we
certainly don't express it in our media for the most part.

But briefly one example.

The church until the 20th century had recognized only one general miracle in france. It then recognized
the appearance of the Virgin Mary in guadalupe , mexico 500 years ago. The evidence. The Virgin Mary left a picture / painting of herself.

Juan Diego { who some scientists doubt existed } was travelling to mexico city when he hear a chorus.
One of the members of the chorus was the Virgin Mary. Now there must have been something unworldly about the chorus for Juan to believe it.

She asked him to ask the bishop of mexico to built a church on the spot they were standing on. To
make a long story short he presented the bishop roses in a tilma cloth. Moments later the image appeared and the bishop sank to his knees crying.

The image supposely of the Virgin Mary has been studied intensely by artists and scientists for 500 years. You may have not heard of it but the California Institute of Technology as well as their counterparts across the river from harvard have.

As far as i know no one has been able to explain how it was created or why it has remained in
pristine condition for 500 years.. Lepers have pressed it against their bodies, soldiers pressed their weapons on it , smoke surrounded the painting for decades etc. A bomb exploded underneath it destroying the wall behind it but it remained unharmed.

In 1920 a sample of the painting was given to the nobel prize winner in physics who stated it wasn't paint and has never seen a substance like it. It was then given to richard kuhn the nobel prize winner in chemistry who stated it lacked the natural mineral and animal coloring you would expect.

One of the most interesting efforts , if you want to call it that , was by cornell engineer Jose Tonsmann
who used a digital process used by satellites and space probes in transmitting visual information.

After 20 years tonsmann was able to determine the existence of 13 microscopic images in the eyes as reported earlier.He magnified the image 2500 times through mathematical and optical procedures to reveal what appears to be the scene when the tilma was unfolded before the bishop as seen
through the eyes {supposely} of the Virgin Mary.

Furthermore the images are exactly where they would be in live eyes and exhibit the samson-purkinje effect { our eyes are curved }.

One of dozens if not hundred of studies. MIT sent a team to mexico this centur;y. I don't know the results.
But i've read from various sources that live blood vessels have been seen in the free edge of the eyes.

But that's only a brief introduction to a complex world we aren't exposed to. Many other events both minor and major.
Do you have links for any of this, breeze?

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
Do you have links for any of this, breeze?
This is information i've gathered over 20 or more years. I haven't kept records cause its
information easily found by doing a search.

" The Appearance of the Virgin Mary in Guadalupe "

Th image/painting/picture is the national symbol of mexico. Everyone has seen it but
they don't know what it is or stands for. It transformed mexico and the tilma is on
display i belief in mexicp city.

But in this case i believe i used tripod.com/MARY.htmiesvs If it doesn't work there are hundreds if
not thousand of websites. A book , one of many , called ' The Miracle of Guadalupe " . has the
test results of 6 scientists and a swarthmore art professor. But xerox , kodak and i believe bell labs
have tested the cloth. The information is everywhere.

You might also be interested in

" The Appearance of the Virgin Mary in Fatima "

The Virgin Mary before a score of reporters and 50,000-100,000 watchers , to prove she and
God existed , had the sun rotate and change colors. She also left a number of prophesies which
all came to pass. { the rise of russia / WWII / this was 1917 } It was mentioned in a small column in
the NY Times and was featured on the front pages of some european newspapers.

At one time it was so well known a movie " Our Lady of Fatima " was made and is stilll available.

If you want something more current search.

" The Appearance of the Virgin Mary in Medugorje "

The Virgin Mary has being appearing daily since 1980. The government bombed medugorje
in an attempt to stop the apparitions. But as one researcher stated " nothing on this earth
can stop the apparitions ".

The daily appearances have allowed for the 1st scientific testing of apparitions. I've listed the
results several times here over the years.

" The forementioned commission, confirms the conclusions , of the previous international
scientific commissions , who for their part , proved that the visionaries , are a phenomenon,
that surpasses modern science and that all points to another level of happening ".

I believe the leader of the first ground breaking study was a communist but also the leading
medical expert in the world at that time. He taught in france. He or some other member
was recognized as the world's leading medical expert at that time.

The reason for that is there are no current scientific application to test whether or not the
Virgin Mary is present. But you can test the reactions of the visionaries.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is information i've gathered over 20 or more years. I haven't kept records cause its
information easily found by doing a search.

" The Appearance of the Virgin Mary in Guadalupe "

Th image/painting/picture is the national symbol of mexico. Everyone has seen it but
they don't know what it is or stands for. It transformed mexico and the tilma is on
display i belief in mexicp city.

But in this case i believe i used tripod.com/MARY.htmiesvs If it doesn't work there are hundreds if
not thousand of websites. A book , one of many , called ' The Miracle of Guadalupe " . has the
test results of 6 scientists and a swarthmore art professor. But xerox , kodak and i believe bell labs
have tested the cloth. The information is everywhere.

You might also be interested in

" The Appearance of the Virgin Mary in Fatima "

The Virgin Mary before a score of reporters and 50,000-100,000 watchers , to prove she and
God existed , had the sun rotate and change colors. She also left a number of prophesies which
all came to pass. { the rise of russia / WWII / this was 1917 } It was mentioned in a small column in
the NY Times and was featured on the front pages of some european newspapers.

At one time it was so well known a movie " Our Lady of Fatima " was made and is stilll available.

If you want something more current search.

" The Appearance of the Virgin Mary in Medugorje "

The Virgin Mary has being appearing daily since 1980. The government bombed medugorje
in an attempt to stop the apparitions. But as one researcher stated " nothing on this earth
can stop the apparitions ".

The daily appearances have allowed for the 1st scientific testing of apparitions. I've listed the
results several times here over the years.

" The forementioned commission, confirms the conclusions , of the previous international
scientific commissions , who for their part , proved that the visionaries , are a phenomenon,
that surpasses modern science and that all points to another level of happening ".

I believe the leader of the first ground breaking study was a communist but also the leading
medical expert in the world at that time. He taught in france. He or some other member
was recognized as the world's leading medical expert at that time.

The reason for that is there are no current scientific application to test whether or not the
Virgin Mary is present. But you can test the reactions of the visionaries.
Thank you, breeze. I will look at this in detail later.:)

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If consciousness, as some say, underlies all of the universe, including my body and my unit consciousness, then that consciousness will continue, but in no sense will the person 'Conan' remain..

Interesting!

Consciousness is a puzzle. It may be that Conan's consciousness will remain after death. We understand so little about consciousness that I don't see how we can know whether such an enduring Conan-consciousness will or will not have the concept of personhood. The Christian view is that it will, an idea expressed through the term "bodily resurrection".