Let's talk about hard-ons

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would like to hear you describe the physical sensation of going from flaccid to erect. As a woman, I have often wondered what that physical process feels like and a recent comment from a male friend revived my curiosity. Is it even possible to describe with words? Please try.

Also, what does a hard-on feel like to you? Do they always feel the same? For instance if you get an erection very quickly does it feel differently than one that progresses slowly? Always pleasurable or sometimes painful?

Thanks!

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm on my way out the door so I can't give a good description. But I can tell you that there is a difference between a slow/normal/fast hard on for me. If it is slow it is kind of like a swelling feeling, and I can really feel the pressure build in my dick. And if it is a fast one, it is almost always a throbbing hard on. I can see it pulse. I'll try to revisit this for you and give you a better description overall.

Aplus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Never really thought about it much, but I"ll give it a try. Much like women trying to describe the sensations of sex, I find it tough to really describe. The fast ones happen so fast that I couldn't really describe them much if I tried. Hardness is almost instant though with them. The slow building ones are much more interesting and enjoyable to me. It's like watching and/or feeling it literally come alive. It starts to move and grow, but I can't feel much additional weight to it at first interesting enough. As it grows I can literally feel it getting heavier. I feel like I can feel the veins growing too, but not 100% sure about that. I can feel it getting harder the entire time though. Hardness can very though. Doesn't usually seem as hard if its just me. I guess I don't turn myself on enough. Now if I'm watching somebody or with somebody it's always harder. Not 100% though I don't think. 100% is almost to painful at times. Hardness to me I guess feels like it's being squeezed somehow. Or maybe somewhat like a screw being tightened. I don't know, it's tough to describe actually.

portstroke

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can walk around forgetting that I even have a penis. But when I see a sexy woman I can feel my dick move. When it suddenly grows half an inch I realize if it is tucked uncomfortably in my shorts. It may be twisted around the cotton and in a position that will become painful if I get a hard on. A woman doesn't have to be young or beautiful if she has big breasts to get my dick swelling. I am circumsized, but there are folds of skin over the head when I am completly soft. They begin to peel back with the first throb. I can feel a warmth and the rush of blood as my cock begins to fill. If I am going to get a raging hard on I have to consider how to rearrange my dick. If I don't take a moment to discreetly pull my dick so that it is pointing up before it becomes really stiff, I may wind up with a painful, and painfully obvious, erection running down one of my pants legs. Pointing upwards it is a lot less noticeable and feels good to me. If it is really rock hard I may pull my shirt out of my pants to hide it.

If I am naked, that is a different story. I don't stay flaccid for long when I lying in bed and my busty girlfriend is stripping. My cock rolls over to one side as it throbs. The thicker it gets, the more I can feel sensation as it inches against my skin. It may flop over and lay alongside my scrotum. My balls are very sensitive to pleasure, and the touch of my lengthening cock on the skin of my nuts gives me the stimulation for my dong to lift off. Now it rolls over and begins to stand on its own. I get a warm palpable sensation--I can feel the weight of my cock without it touching any part of my body. All along the shaft I know the tightening of the skin and can feel the temperature of the ambient air. When I am fully erect I can feel every inch of my cock hard as a flexed arm. I can throb a pulse of blood into my dick that makes the veins stand out and the head turn purple.

That answers your question about how it feels physically to get a big erection. The psychology of getting a huge hard on is another story.

Bryan307

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good question!
Of course I can only answer for how it feels for me personally and I assure you it doesn't feel the same each time. How it feels going from flacid to erect feels different if the cause is due to anticipation of imminent sex compared to an erection that begins while just lying in bed. Obviously, it feels best when sex is imminent so let me try to describe how it feels for me. I don't know how important this is but I'm 7.5" long and 5.75" around with a slight upward arch. When fully erect, it points up at greater than a 45 degree angle. Again, when I realize that sex is imminent it as if a switch gets turned on. I immeadiately have 2 different sensations. The first is a very pleasureable sensation from my prostate area as if I'm about to cum. In fact, this sensation for me causes me to precum. The sensation itself is hard to describe. It goes from no sensation at all down there before the "switch" is turned on to a strong feeling that I will be convulsing and pumping out semen soon. At the same time, I can feel a sudden, strong throbing that starts to fill and stiffen my cock. The head quickly becomes swollen and sensitive. It feels that there is a direct connection between the head and the prostate. Rubbing the swollen head causes my prostate to feel even stronger sensations and closer to convulsing and even having mini convulsions which are very plesurable. These mini convulsions seems to force blood even more quickly into my stiffening cock. It goes from being as soft as jelly and having very little or no feeling before the switch to feeling very strong like I have this shaft attached to me that starts at my prostate and extends out with a swollen, sensitive head. When I'm this excited for sex, it takes no effort to have it standing up at a strong upward angle. I can move it up and down by kind of flexing muscles down there but not when it's this erect, it's just up as far as it will go. Pulling it down and letting it go causes it to spring back up to this upward angle. It kind of feels like I have this piece of wood that's grown out of me with this incredible sensation at the head and the base (prostate area). It's very firm as though it were made of wood. The want for it to be stimulated at this point is very strong either by hand, mouth or for me, an instinctual feeling or need to forcefully penetrate her vagina. The feeling is incredible! The urge to hump is very strong. It is the need to have the swollen, sensitve head rubbing deep inside of her increasing the convulsing sensations in the prostate. Nearing climax is a sensation that orgasam is imminent. There is a strong pleasureable pain and there is no turning back. At this point it takes no effort to cum. The convulsions just happen and are very strong. The urge for me is to hold on to her and thrust as deeply as I can, holding my cock deep inside her while I'm pumping my load into her. I don't know if this helped at all. Didn't have too much time to write.
Bryan

Media
To put it simply: It's the feeling of throbbing power and yields a tingling sensation throughout your body, knowing that it's engorged due to your body's vascular flow makes it feel like it is the end-all, be-all of humanly tools. Just take a look at my pics and you'll know what I mean!

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Always pleasurable or sometimes painful?

Well I wouldn't say that simply being hard is physically pleasureable; it just is what it is, a boner. But there can be times where it is painful. If I'm with a girl that I'm really turned on by (generally if there's a strong emotional connection), the boner will be so hard that it'll hurt if it's not being taken care of.

If it's not being physically attended to by her, if it's just sitting there, hard, not doing anything, it'll being extremely physically uncomfortable and it'll really hurt. It's like it's trying to get harder, trying to reach some higher state of hardness even though it's already maxed out. It feels like it's so hard, and trying to get so much harder, that something is going to burst, or break if something doesn't happen - either getting taken care of, or becoming unaroused, though the former is definitely preferable :wink:. When it gets to this point, I'm constantly thinking: "Do something damnit! You've made me so hard it hurts! Blow me, whack me, fuck me, do something!"

I guess it's distantly related to what having a maximally contracted muscle that you can't uncontract is like (note: not a cramp); though definitely not the same thing.

99% of the time when I'm solo, I don't get hard enough for this to happen. I have to actually be with someone, and the stronger the connection is, the harder and more physically painful the boner will be if it's not getting attention.

Not that I'm saying I need any kind of emotional connection to have sex with a hot girl, mind you :wink:. I'll get way more than hard and aroused enough to get it on. It's just that the emotional connection (which totally isn't a requirement!) brings a whole new level to being hard.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would like to hear you describe the physical sensation of going from flaccid to erect. As a woman, I have often wondered what that physical process feels like and a recent comment from a male friend revived my curiosity. Is it even possible to describe with words? Please try.

Also, what does a hard-on feel like to you? Do they always feel the same? For instance if you get an erection very quickly does it feel differently than one that progresses slowly? Always pleasurable or sometimes painful?

Thanks!

Hardons. Boners. Erections. Oh, my! :wink:

(Sorry. I had to.:biggrin1:)

Well. I will try to the best of my ability to describe how I feel when I have an erection...but from an aroused point-of-view...not the morning wood kind of boner. (The morning wood boner is two types of congestion...bladder (urine congestion) and penile blood congestions. Not necessarily turn on induced.)

When I feel turned on, I feel my heartbeat flutter. My breathing deepens. The muscles in my jaw and neck tighten. My eyes kinda water up. Then I get a wave of tingly sensations in my brain, heart and arms while my heart races.

I feel some blood congestion and flow in my penis. I start getting a semi hard on and feel some precome ejaculate drip. Then, I feel more of my heart racing and the tingly sensations over my body. Then, I am really bone hard and drippy. Full blood congestion.

I feel alive and indestructible like Superman.

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
All that matters is sustaining and increasing that good feeling. It has caused me to make terrible decisions, but to me that feeling is as good as it gets. i wish i could have a hard-on more often, and the bigger and stronger the better it feels.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To put it simply: It's the feeling of throbbing power and yields a tingling sensation throughout your body, knowing that it's engorged due to your body's vascular flow makes it feel like it is the end-all, be-all of humanly tools. Just take a look at my pics and you'll know what I mean!

That definitely is a nice tool.

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for all of the well-thought-out responses so far. Very enlightening as well as stimulating for me to read them.

The following struck a chord:

The fast ones happen so fast that I couldn't really describe them much if I tried. Hardness is almost instant though with them. The slow building ones are much more interesting and enjoyable to me. It's like watching and/or feeling it literally come alive. It starts to move and grow, but I can't feel much additional weight to it at first interesting enough. As it grows I can literally feel it getting heavier.

That is how I always imagined it to be. The instantaneous ones sneeking up on you and the slow ones pleasurably evolving. As a woman that process has a similar effect on me. The instant erections are so fun and useful but the gradual ones are "much more interesting" especially if I am the one helping the process along.

Hardness can very though. Doesn't usually seem as hard if its just me. I guess I don't turn myself on enough. Now if I'm watching somebody or with somebody it's always harder. Not 100% though I don't think. 100% is almost to painful at times. I have sensed that with men. When a man is taking a substance (PEDs, steroids, stimulants) that makes his dick super-ready-to-explode hard, it has seemed to like it was somewhat painful although from the woman's standpoint the harder it is, the better it feels inside me. Hardness to me I guess feels like it's being squeezed somehow. Or maybe somewhat like a screw being tightened. I don't know, it's tough to describe actually.
You did a great job. You all have. Thanks.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hardons. Boners. Erections. Oh, my! :wink:

I feel some blood congestion and flow in my penis. I start getting a semi hard on and feel some precome ejaculate drip. Then, I feel more of my heart racing and the tingly sensations over my body. Then, I am really bone hard and drippy. Full blood congestion.

I came by to ask if precum wet guys would share their perspectives also..and bingo..here is Invisibleman doing it. Thanks IM..(I kind of knew I could relate with some of those men. I do not have a penis but I do know much about wetness, congestions and "blueballs" if not get to release it etc, too.)

Thanks OP, great question.

PurpleThrillHammer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A women I was dating a few years back used to love to suck my flacid penis. She would always try to suprise me, as to catch me at my smallest as she would say. So after the third or fourth time of this I asked her what her fascination was with my flacid dick? She explained that she loved the feeling of my dick pulsing, throbing, and growing in her mouth. Also that it was the only time she could fit my whole penis in her mouth.
So Ladies give a flacid guy a B/J, and experience a growing hard-on inside of you first hand.:biggrin1:

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I get erect relatively slowly. It often takes between three and five minutes for me to get fully hard. It is a tough sensation to describe, but it starts with a heightened awareness of the physical presence of my penis, followed by a slowly increasing tension at the base. As it gets larger, I can feel the weight pull at the skin of my lower stomach. The tension turns into a self-sustaining and rhythmic flex that feels a little like flexing a leg or arm muscle, tensing for two or three seconds, then receding for a couple of seconds, then tensing again. That continues until I'm fully erect, then the pulsing tension backs off a little, to maybe 70% of what it was during the erection process, and it'll just stay hard until it subsides through lack of stimulation or until I finally orgasm.

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I came by to ask if precum wet guys would share their perspectives also..and bingo..here is Invisibleman doing it. Thanks IM..(I kind of knew I could relate with some of those men. I do not have a penis but I do know much about wetness, congestions and "blueballs" if not get to release it etc, too.)

Thanks OP, great question.

I second that!! XD

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Thanks!

It is hard to describe with words (no pun intended - or was there?).

They don't always feel exactly the same to me. Very similar, but slightly different, depending on how turned on and excited I am, or other circumstances; by myself, just waking up, getting drowsy/falling asleep.

Basically overall it does feel like it comes alive and it becomes more sensitive. I feel it start to fill up and get hard and push out against my underwear if I'm dressed and when I set it free, the awakening progresses even faster and it feels like it fills up even more, then the skin starts to pull back from over the head. For me, I think the ones that happen more quickly are harder and because it does happen faster, it feels different and more intense. When it's super hard, the feeling of pushing out against clothing is still there when free, only it feels like it's pulsing and throbbing to push out of the skin in all directions even after it retracts. I wouldn't say it's painful, even if it sort of is. It's really very pleasurable, especially since it's pretty much uncontrollable.

For the slower ones, there's a build up and there's usually a very good amount of precum already oozing out. I can feel it course through the shaft and out the tip, creating a puddle in the skin and as it starts to get hard, the skin pulls a light coat of precum over the head as it retracts. It feels cool, almost coldish when exposed to the air, but it's a good feeling. More precum follows after being hard for a bit too.