Let's talk about the clitoris

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I do some Google translation, That could explain the "hole, thing is useless" Because I don't see why a hole would be useless. Sorry.

I'm not satisfied by the answer, but like I said, it only a conversation. I see that I annoy people with my question. so I wont force it on you.

Let's keep the issue close, and say that the sex organ are fine the way they are.
You don't really get to decide if something in your post is disrespectful.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Perhaps because ever since you men discovered your penis ...you've not been able to take your hands off?

Watch a baseball game and count how many times the guys "adjust".....

Watch a guy on the dance floor and see how often he cups his dick. ...

Even in business settings ice observed men "adjusting" before sitting. ..

You just know it's there and can't keep your hands off .

We just don't care about it clit. It's well tucked in and can take care of itself.
good answer for that is most underwear sucks

I think a lot of this is lost in translation by an OP who has an incomplete understanding of English and an incomplete understanding of women and too pigheaded to acknowledge either.

He has been given several very good, insightful answers by women here and yet it's just not sinking in.
Wasting anymore time here trying to make the OP comprehend something that is beyond him is futile.

BaddJack

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps because ever since you men discovered your penis ...you've not been able to take your hands off?

Watch a baseball game and count how many times the guys "adjust".....

Watch a guy on the dance floor and see how often he cups his dick. ...

Even in business settings ice observed men "adjusting" before sitting. ..

You just know it's there and can't keep your hands off .

We just don't care about it clit. It's well tucked in and can take care of itself.

Since I have begun Penis Enlargement, I have accidentally sat on both my balls and my cock on many occasions.

It is not a pleasant experience, hence the need to adjust the relative location of the weapons of mass destruction.

I am all for pumping of clits, there is noting more sexy than a plump firm nub begging for attention.

Many times, I couldn't find the object of my affection for nearly an hour until it woke up.

A firm clit is one of the sexiest parts of a woman.

BJ

moccasin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ha, ha, ha, this is one reason men and women are always looking and talking past each other.....men worry and fret about their penis, how it looks and how and whether it will work, if it's big enough, etc. etc. Another main focus of men is a woman's vagina, a heart stopping source of fantasy and arousal, a thing dreams are made of. And women are more concerned with how their their hair looks and their shoes and could care less about how they look sexually. A reason we so completely miss each other in so many other aspects of life. What a contrast, one sex almost obsessed with how they are endowed sexually between their legs, the other not caring at all.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Texted a partner for his amusement:
"Online discussion is asking about clits. Why do/don't women think about them the way men think about a penis. Thoughts?"

Him
"Because we get to see the clit, and you have to do that mirror thing."
Me
"You got a laugh out of the mirror thing."
Him
"And then I licked it. It's mine."

Nothing else is appropriate for quoting.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
No, you wish women would express it the WAY men do. But we express it as women. Accept people as they are. Life is better when you do.

Agreed. I've been on this journey recently... trying to get my head round why my partner just can't see things the way I do. As a male, it's a bit like knocking your head against a brick wall. You only stop when you realize you've smashed yourself senseless & your girlfriend or wife is looking at you with a quizzical expression, along the lines of: 'Just WTF are you trying to achieve?'

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'd add to AE's comment that women can be profoundly fluid in expressing sexuality.

Males get shorted by a general focus on the penis. I believe it limits full expressions for men. I can't count the number of posts I've seen elsewhere asking if desiring/using anal stimulation makes a straight man gay. (It doesn't)

So while the penis and clitoris have similar functions with nerve endings, the physical biology that spreads nerve endings all through the pubic region tends to get used in vastly different ways.

That leads to a fuller body expression of sexuality in women.
It isn't about the clit. It can involve the clit. But it also involves the mons, perineum, anal region, the areas above the reproductive organs, breasts, and sensitive sensual zones across the body.
Ears, feet, insides of knees or elbows, wherever contact is tingly in a good way.

Let's face it, humans see pregnancy as the female expression of sexuality. Since that's how it happens.
Societies have vested interests in reproduction, but shame complexes, too, depending. I'm thinking mostly of Victorian mores where women who were showing were less in the public eye.

We also have cultures that will remove the clitoris.
That's not a biological analog to removal of foreskin. Removing a clit will end sexual pleasure.
A foreskin removal, in the vast majority of cases, leaves most sensation intact.

For women who haven't been cut in any way (and I am developing a hypothesis about episiotomy scars and diminished sexual response), the clitoris is valuable, and the main outlet for translation of sensual feeling, but it's part of a larger, acknowledged, system.

I could. Just as easily ask why men focus only on the penis, when the body has so much more to offer to stimulate.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
We also have cultures that will remove the clitoris.
That's not a biological analog to removal of foreskin. Removing a clit will end sexual pleasure.
A foreskin removal, in the vast majority of cases, leaves most sensation intact.

I enjoyed your (very relevant and comprehensive) point. Excellent post.

But I disagree with the above quote. Foreskin removal is unnatural mutilation that - unless for religious or medical purposes - can cause untold damage/removal to not only nerve endings but also to the psychological state of a man who is cut & suffers from delayed or retarded ejaculation & loss of sensitivity. Circumcision may not be as physically devastating or as barbaric as removing a clit, but it is nonetheless in most cases non-consensual genital mutilation. There isn't enough scientific evidence to suggest that it 'leaves most sensation intact'.

PS: I am, to my great chagrin, cut.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I enjoyed your (very relevant and comprehensive) point. Excellent post.

But I disagree with the above quote. Foreskin removal is unnatural mutilation that - unless for religious or medical purposes - can cause untold damage/removal to not only nerve endings but also to the psychological state of a man who is cut & suffers from delayed or retarded ejaculation & loss of sensitivity. Circumcision may not be as physically devastating or as barbaric as removing a clit, but it is nonetheless in most cases non-consensual genital mutilation. There isn't enough scientific evidence to suggest that it 'leaves most sensation intact'.

PS: I am, to my great chagrin, cut.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of male circumcision, but the reality is most cases leave a man able to have a fulfilling sex life. Even later age medical necessity circumcisions.

Cutting a clit is more akin to removing the head.
(This is based on nerve pathways)

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of male circumcision, but the reality is most cases leave a man able to have a fulfilling sex life. Even later age medical necessity circumcisions.

Cutting a clit is more akin to removing the head.
(This is based on nerve pathways)

Point taken

huguest

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed. I've been on this journey recently... trying to get my head round why my partner just can't see things the way I do. As a male, it's a bit like knocking your head against a brick wall. You only stop when you realize you've smashed yourself senseless & your girlfriend or wife is looking at you with a quizzical expression, along the lines of: 'Just WTF are you trying to achieve?'

I think you, got me right on. In the end, respect the view of others, but keep asking how the other think, if you want to understand her.

I really think it more of a hormone origin, My wife just started to take testosterone pills, because she in her menopause, since then, she say that sex is always in her mind. If men are exposed to constant sex trough all is life, one could see why he focus so much on is sex part.

If studies prove that women think as much as sex as men, how come she doesn't focus on it?
I think that studies is biased, or I missing something.

Lafemme, suggest that big clit or big labia are not a + but is more view as troublesome, I would understand that if it's badly view "cultural", that women are not interested in it. Could it be a question of appearance, "it's fine the way it is because it's hidden".

I know that I'm been pigheaded, it's like me asking "why don't you wish to have longer arms"...

Well even to that question I would answer that, in prehistoric time we had longer arms, and nature made them shorter, In fact our arms are in fact the perfect ration to the rest of our body. Men & Women vary a lot in hight and size, that create difference, Men compare their sex, women....

Women focus, on their hair style, appearance, Men don't. A women could ask why men don't focus on his hair. I would answer it and try not to be simplistic.

If you see a studies saying that Men (in secret) pass as much time in front of the mirror as women. That men do put color in their hair and you where on a forum of a stylish magazine with a section "ask men about their beauty practice" Would you ask the question?

and if Men answer you that it's just hair, it's like that. That because women think this way, that men need to keep it to them self.

I just read my post back, and it's fucking nonsense, just forget it.

Men focus more on is sex part, Women focus less. It a difference, and that's why we cherish each other.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
I just read my post back, and it's fucking nonsense, just forget it.

Men focus more on is sex part, Women focus less. It a difference, and that's why we cherish each other.

Ha ha, I was thinking :oops:

Seriously, though, it is the true reason why books like Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus are such international bestsellers. Sometimes it's so tempting to get outraged & say: 'Why can't you just be a lusty shag machine like me? You've got a clitoris, with all those delicious nerve endings - why don't you want to bonk all day long like we do?'

But the truth is that apart from the outliers - nymphomaniac women and frigid men - there's no getting past the fact that when it comes to sex - particularly long-term sex - we are sometimes on different planets. Men often want it for very different reasons than women - and that will never change.

No, you wish women would express it the WAY men do. But we express it as women. Accept people as they are. Life is better when you do.

That's the fucking truth. I think about sex. A lot. I have a higher libido than my man. I knew he wasn't insecure, but I still made a point of confirming that if he walked in on me masturbating, he wouldn't take it as a criticism of sex with him. I just don't give a fuck about the size, shape, color, etc of my clitoris. I don't obsess over the size of my nipples or areola either. Is that something I should suddenly worry about too? :rolleyes:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There isn't enough scientific evidence to suggest that it 'leaves most sensation intact'.
If you want proof that foreskin removal leaves most sensation intact, I'd look to the fact that nearly all men who have it removed are still able to to have powerful orgasms, strong erections, etc. I don't know a lot of men who can speak from the experience of adult circ, but my ex loved the results of his. He loved the look, the feel, everything about it, and he said it made him feel closer to God. While I oppose routine infant circumcision, and vehemently so, I think it's hysterical hyperventilation to imply that it renders the whole organ dysfunctional. If you would like to address this issue further, start your own topic and link me to it or tag me, and I'll gladly discuss it with you.

huguest

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you wonder why I did post it anyway, it's because it took me 2h writing the dawn thing, and I couldn't resolve to just delete it.

I should read the "Men are from Mars and women from Venus" would answer a few questions

Reactions: lapdog2001

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
If you would like to address this issue further, start your own topic and link me to it or tag me, and I'll gladly discuss it with you.

Sounds like a plan AlteredEgo. I've written numerous articles on the subject for publication - for, against etc, so I enjoy debating it. I'll link you when I post something.

PS: How do you link someone to a post/new thread?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
PS: How do you link someone to a post/new thread?
Copy/paste the link into a reply, onto my profile, ot into a private message. The site will convert it into a link. Otherwise, click the linked chains button in the menu for any post, and follow the prompts, with the url already in your clipboard. To put a url in your clipboard, highlight the address and press ctrl+c.