Let's Talk Fashion Ladies

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I have officially OD'd on Inauguration television coverage. :cool:

However, I couldn't go to bed without dishing with y'all about some of the attire seen on people who should have known better. :rolleyes:

I love Aretha Franklin but she either needs to have a gastric bypass or go on The Biggest Loser - Celebrity Edition. She is getting so big she is starting to lose her facial features. :frown1: I wouldn't be surprised if it affected her voice too.

What was with that hat? Did she think she was going to a COGIC church? It looked like a good wind would make it take flight.

Laura Bush opted for a matronly gray/blue suit with matching coat and shoes.

I wasn't fond of Jill Biden's Inaugural outfit either. The red coat, while attractive, was too short, for the frigid weather. I know her bony knees were cold. :tongue: Her boots were kinda cute, but the A-Line of the coat made her legs look stick like. She kinda reminded me of the cartoon character Little Lulu.

Michelle's yellow suit, with matching coat, was ill fitting and made her look a bit pudgy through the midsection. In addition the coat had no buttons, just an olive green chiffon sash. It started out tied in a lovely bow and by the end of the day was just a bedraggled green mess. :rolleyes: I am so tired of seeing Mrs. Obama tug at and re-adjust everything she wears. :12: The first lasy should look elegant and pulled together. She should not constantly be pulling and grabbing at jackets, coats, and cardigans.

J. Crew is okay for some people but clearly their stuff doesn't fit her. The first lady should not have to fidget with her clothing like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman before the makeover. :cool:

I don't believe in freezing for fashion. I thought the First Lady should have selected something elegant, yet suitable for the frigid weather. An ankle-length coat and a warm scarf would have been more appropriate. And what was with the glitzy quality of her dress coat ensemble. I thought sequins, bugle beads, and bling woven into fabric was still for after 5 PM. Her attire would have been great for a late afternoon wedding, but she just missed the mark for the inauguration.

Michelle's white, fluffy ball gown also made her look sorta like Frosty the Snowmans wife. :mad: This confection of This is a pet peeve which my mom also shares and she pointed it out to me last summer. Elbows and shoulders; she needs to keep them covered! Hers aren't ugly or misshapen, it's just inappropriate for the First Lady to constantly be seen in bare arms.

I bet I know what happend. Some dumb reporter probably complimented her on how well toned her arms are and so now she thinks she has to show them every chance she gets. :frown1: She is wrong. That gown should have been strapless. It looked like they just tossed that swath of fabric over her shoulder at the last minute for added support. That gown looked like a reject from a prom gown store. :frown1::mad:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
When people get to a certain age (Aretha) they simply deserve love and nothing else. :)

Damn!
That was an especially nice sentiment you expressed towards
"The Queen of Soul".
I like it! :biggrin1:
I thank you for Ms. Franklin. :wink:
NJQT!
What the hell is up with your ever more prudish behavior and opinions?
Seriously woman. What up?
Why the hell shouldn't she be able to show those toned up arms off?
This is the first time I've heard of some rule like yours honey.
Although I do have to agree with you about Michelle's
hideous "green beaded rag of a dress" not being appropriate for this type of function and I wasn't too crazy about her ballgown either. I do give you props for noticing correctly that her clothes really are ill fitting my dear!
C.B.:sasmokin:

Last edited:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to disagree NJ.

I love everything that Michelle wears, she is the epitome of chic dressing. This woman KNOWS fashion. Her style is smart, sexy and fashion forward. She wears under-the-radar avante garde designers and pairs that with beautiful and interesting accessories.

Her outfits for the inauguration and the ball were simply stunning. She hit it out of the ballpark. I only wish I could look that good at 45.

Damn!
That was an especially nice sentiment you expressed towards
"The Queen of Soul".
I like it! :biggrin1:
I thank you for Ms. Franklin. :wink:
NJQT!
What the hell is up with your ever more prudish behavior and opinions?
Seriously woman. What up?
Why the hell shouldn't she be able to show those toned up arms off?
This is the first time I've heard of some rule like yours honey.
Although I do have to agree with you about Michelle's
hideous "green beaded rag of a dress" not being appropriate for this type of function and I wasn't too crazy about her ballgown either. I do give you props for noticing correctly that her clothes really are ill fitting my dear!
C.B.:sasmokin:

Somebody needs to get out of Atlanta and back up to Yankeeland even if she has to drag people with her! What's next? Rush Limbaugh? A megachurch? Line dan--- er, ummm....

mich9274

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Silly me, here I was staying up until 5am in the morning, watching history being made when I should have just been watching for the fashion.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Funny thread! I have to admit I don't have an eye for fashion. I was just happy to watch Barack and Michelle dance together. This is such a cool time.

And you can critique Aretha all you want. All I know is I cried my way through "America the Beautiful," even with that hat on her head. Go, Lady Soul!

In any event, it's gonna be interesting having Claire Huxtable as the First Lady of the USA ...

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I have to slightly disagree with the ballgown notion. I don't like the gown at all, but I can't think of a more suitable looking dress. To imagine a dress with sleeves on it reminds me of those awful gowns they had in the 80s *shudders* It might've been more appropriate for her to wear a shawl/scarf over her shoulders though?

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Okay,

I LURRRVE FASHION,

and Sorry I have to disagree with you NJQT, I thought Michelle/The First Lady's
dress looked absolutely fine...

her arms are pretty good for her age.

Okay the dress was a lil bit weddin dressy lookin for me, only fault I can find (u know all that lace) but overall pretty, not too fussy and too be honest with sleeves it would not be fashionable, she can easily get away at her age with bare shoulders and so she should.

Unfortunately I havnt seen everyone else you commented on NJ cos I only saw pics of the President and his wife in The Daily Mirror...but I take your word for it.

I just wanna say though Don't they make a lovely lookin couple!!!!

They are GORGEOUS and look soooo young, and the kids look lovely too.

And I love the way they dress those kids. they look just how kids should look, fun and fashionable and happy!! :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hahaha!
Good one!
Seriously N.J.?
Get the hell out of the bible belt
it's fucked up your thinking lady! :rolleyes::tongue:
C.B.:saevil:

I would have preferred her gown be strapless and of a smoother fabric like silk or satin. She has the height at 5'11" she could carry a mermaid cut gown or something with a train.

That swath of cloth over her shoulder looked like an after thought.

My mom thinks the reason she didn't wear something warmer for the parade is she is having hot flashes. :lmao: I doubt it as she is only 45 but it is possible.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That yellow/green out fit looked like it was retrieved from Camilla Parker-Bowles's dumpster! The ballgown was quite nice...if somewhat Bridal.

Pinkpnay77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think I have officially OD'd on Inauguration television coverage. :cool:

so apparently not only is it amusing that you say you've OD on the Inauguration on the tele, you're apparently trying to double dose on it here too? :biggrin1:LAWL

Sorry I had to..