Let's Talk Hypnotherapy

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Rikter8, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Has anyone gone through Hypnotherapy?

I'm seriously considering it as I've came up with empty hands on other treatment options such as counseling.

I'm looking for advice on Hypnotherapy, finding the right one, and what they treat.

I'm wondering what they treat (Anxiety / Self Esteem / Stress / Depression??)

2. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    My boyfriend did it to quit smoking...
    It seemed to have worked for him.

A friend of ours is a hypnotherapist. That's how the option came up for us. I'm sure there are a few clinics in your area. Just do your research and ask them. They'll tell you what hypnosis can and cannot treat.

Our hypnotherapist friend will also do stage hypnosis on the side for events and such. The BF, having been hypnotized by him before, got up on stage for kicks and was a riot. (but that's diverging from the original topic)

3. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    It would depend on what you are trying to get treated. It does seem to work for certain kinds of habits. As a professional in the field, I rarely hear about it being used, successfully or not, for other types of matters. I'm glad to comment further either in the thread or to PM. Good luck.
    Dave

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    How about:
    Changing Mindset on diet and exercising
    Improving Self Esteem
    Finding the root cause of emotional problems (from childhood, or from current day)
    Learning more patience and control

Those types of things

5. MTHgasm

MTHgasm Member

I recommend The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
    and My Voice Will Go With You by Milton H. Erickson who was a hypnotherapist.

I know victoria gallager of hyptalk.com does custom cds 150 dollars for a script you write and 400+ dollars for script you help her write. Scripts are in the first book listed. Expensive at first before you consider the cost of being hypnotized by a hypnotherapist.

The only real lasting change is made through your subconscious mind which accepts suggestions from your conscious mind. I'm about to list things that help impress things on your subconscious mind or at least get the ball rolling. You have to focus on desire and imagination rather than willpower which is clarified by the first book listed. Learning from your past mistakes and happy memories are the only things the past is good for. Hypnotherapy and using your subconscious you can achieve anything emotionally or physically despite what people think.

Hypnotherapy does not have to be guided meditation it could be simple adjustments in mindsets. It could be simple reframes like for Diet and Exercise. Erickson's practices have become a genre called NLP you may find useful.

Instead of thinking how hard it would be to lose weight think about how utterly horrible it would be gain weight/not exercise/any bad haAbit and be a obese person who could barely get out of bed/do the bad habit/phobia forever. See power90x, gyms/ cardio/walking and nutrisystem, adonis effect

For your anxiety I would recommend meditation with some soothing music, counting down from 10 or 100 concentrating on deep breathing. Visualizing things going how you want them to go. It decreases your threshold to be relaxed and at peace and thereby increasing your threshold to get upset. So instead of having a temper tantrum you can just express your frustrations with a simple "Wow"

For your self esteem/depresson issues. I would really do some soul searching and find out whats really your main problem(s). I would try to change your self defeating thoughts like can not to can (usually when someone says can't they usually mean they won't), won't to will as much as possible. I know it's hard not to play the victim but the books above will help you think positively. You may have to reevaluate your possibly negative habits such as depressing music and idle habits like extremely avid video game playing, chronic masturbation, hanging out with friends a 1/3 of your day most days (especially if they have negative views) etc. Finding things that you truly like to do or make you laugh helps. Libraries might have stuff on hypnotherapy and such, check out self-help sections at book stores. Find a hobby like playing an instrument, take up an art or read something or learn self-defense (good for discipline).

My view on life's purpose is to simply be happy and give others an opportunity to enjoy their lives and people who do not give people a basic amount of respect have something wrong with them. Though I realize people are sometimes selfish,ignorant and stupid they have emotional needs to be happy. Just know there are many, many choices in life, appreciate all the things you have/are or are not and know that life is epic as you want it to be. Don't look for stuff to get upset about but look for stuff to be happy about. Your thoughts and personality are yours and changeable and not predetermined.

I myself am not particularly religious I am very pro-whatever-works-for-you as long as it does not encroach on other people's right to be happy and people are respectful of my opinions. I find that realization makes me happier....

If its lack confidence with women or sexual prowess your worried about

Sex god Method with highly recommended books on amazon in sex instruction/love, sex, relationships are good.

Penis stuff: manual PE works but you have to have great circulation and patient skill for it to work. Bathmate, clamps and extenders work but are a bitch to master.

But sign up for the Vin DiCarlo and David DeAngelo newsletters. After reading these guys stuff I felt better about myself and people are treating me different like people wait an abnormal amount time to hold doors open for me its weird as shit and I haven't even bought any programs yet. Good for Discipline and life outlook

If your worried about money. I would suggest trading small amounts of money in penny stocks early in market hours. See me for more info and investorshub.com as well.

I will probably update this thread more in the not too distant future and pm you.

#5 MTHgasm, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I found Selective Awareness (a form of hypnosis) helpful for getting into my subconscious level. There was a book available at one time by that title. It may still be in print.

Draft saved Draft deleted