Let's thank those who deserve it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Nov 7, 2008.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his weight."
    Theodore Roosevelt

In the wake of our soldiers surrendering their lives and sacrificing life and limb to protect our freedoms, is it appropriate for us to engage in debate about political and social indifference and all the while in the comfort of our homes, while not acknowledging the sacrifice and dedication of the very people that provide us this privilege? I have accepted our president-elect, despite the fact that I vigorously opposed him. However, each of us on each side of the political spectrum owe thanks to our courageous soldiers, who have defended our country, our freedom and our way of life without objection or question. To these people, we owe everything.​

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    Ronald Reagan

Thank you to all who have sacrificed for our freedom and our country.

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

3. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

How many LPSG members are WWII vets?

4. B_starinvestor

I had 2 grandfathers in WWII, and an uncle in Vietnam. Both Grandfathers died, my uncle was shot in the neck and awarded a purple heart. He's fucked up beyond belief. Another soldier held his aortic vein from the time he was shot, on the helicopter, all the way to the medical center. Forty years later, he is still fucked up. He was 18 when he went to Vietnam. Jesus, can you imagine?

I sit here in an amazing country, and feel embarrassed at what these heroes have sacrificed for us. God bless them.

5. D_Marazion Analdouche

Both Grandfathers Vets of WWII.

Father was a Vet of Vietnam.

I served in Desert Storm, Afghanistan and then deployed to Iraq.

We never expect thanks nor will you see us ask for it. An occasional beer being paid for however will never be turned away.

6. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

for each and everyone of our fighting men

from 1776 to the present!

:beerchug2:

7. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Father was in WWII, flight engineer on a B-24 Bomber. Flew 42 missions, 1 crash on Biak. Never talked about it much.

8. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    To all the great Men and women who served in our Military Services :usa::usa2:

9. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Dad and 3 uncles in WW2. Several great uncles in WW1. Ancestors on both sides of the civil war. Ancestors serving in Continental Army, and helped supply it. Hmmm served in War of 1812. Cousins in Vietnam.

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I'm a veteran of Gulf 1, but I don't feel that my service measures up to the level of which my fellow Americans have served in the Iraq war. Sometimes I hate to even tell people about my service because is doesn't compare to the sacrifice of the Iraq War vets.

My son ships off to Parris Island (Marine bootcamp) in two months. I'm scared for him, but I am proud. Pray for him...

11. Notaguru2

Gold Member

So, when did you serve?

12. B_starinvestor

I didn't. I just have a lot of respect for those that did/do.

Thanks for your service, Not. You are too humble. Don't be.

13. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I'm sure you've done your part in some way.

14. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

WOW!!! notice the absence of response from the typical left-wing nutfucks on this site to this post. Their silence speaks volumes.

15. polesmoker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't know if I am a leftwing fuck, but I am a pro choice Democrat. I appreciate the sacrifice made by the men and women of our armed forces. Especially all the ones in my family who are currently deployed, my husband, cousins, friends, and pretty soon my brother. Whatever you feel about the war, as Americans we must support our troops and the families they leave behind.

16. D_Marazion Analdouche

I wouldn't worry about measuring up. It's not like you can pick and choose when you were of age to serve or what policital mess we are in when you are serving. I'd still buy you a drink at the VFW.

I don't pray, but I will wish the best for your son. If he's not leaving for a few months for Boot, maybe it will be coming to an end. Well in Iraq anyway.

Go away. I'm not liberal nor conservative but this isn't the thread for calling people out. People that I served with that didn't make it back, or didn't make it back in the same shape they left were both left and right wing. Conservatives are not the only people that have bled for this country.

17. Principessa

Gold Member

:unitedstates: :usa: :usa2:

My dad and his brother are veterans of the Korean Conflict. I had 2 uncles and 3 great uncles who were veterans of WWII. I currently have a few cousins who are in various branches of the armed forces.

OP: You're a week early for Veteran's Day in the USA.

18. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Somewhere around here, I have a photo of my great-uncle in his doughboy uniform. Both he, and his brother were gased by the Germans. They survived but had breathing problems for the rest of their lives.

19. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    While we pay tribute to those who serve our country in uniform, past, present and future, let's not forget the horrible dishonor and disservice our country pays them when inexperienced, cowardly civilians like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Baker, send our sons and daughters to fight an unnecessary war with insufficient equipment and protection, disgraceful battle plans and lack of battalion support.

And let's certainly not forget the travesty of allowing those uniformed heros to return home, often injured and left alone and uncared for with no medical treatment, loss of pay, loss of homes and sometimes loss of family.

Let's NEVER send our brave men and women into harm's way without sufficient and truthful reasons.

We allowed our troops to be sent to Iraq not to protect our way of life but to protect oil wells.

We allowed under paid, under protected uniforms to go to Iraq to forma front line of defense for private contractors.

Our troops went without while paid mercenaries for Halliburton, B&R and Blackwater earned upwards of $100,000

The great shame and stain on this nation is that we let it happen.

20. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Me too, except my Dad and uncles were Korea and Vietnam.
    Uncles and stepdad, individually, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and 1st Gulf War.

Plus, I guess this time next year, I'll be in the military.
    But obviously, since I have a snatch, will not see any combat. :08:

+1
    Well written!

#20 D_Fiona_Farvel, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted