Letterman joke about black man raping minor has him on the hot seat

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It was an "incendiary title', Letterman joke about black man raping minor has him on the hot seat

(1) There was no "black man".

(2) There was no reference to "rape" ("knocked up" was the phrase used)

(3) There was no "minor" (Bristol is 18-years-old)

--------------------

Industrialsize writes (about starivestor): The racial undertones are all YOURS. He didn't pick a Minority player, He picked a FAMOUS one. YOU are the one who saw race.

This is quite correct. This was a Bristol Pailn/Sarah Palin joke that was set against a Yankee game. "Alex Rodriguez" is a star player for the Yankees. That's why he was chosen. Race had nothing to do with it.

YET. Starinvestor injects race into the title (along with "rape" and "minor")... which he then attributes to liberal David Letterman... so this may actually may be something of a Freudian slip.

WTBSGBCO?

(Would This Be Something Glenn Beck Cries Over?):eek:

Last edited:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Jesus Christ, star.

Just ADMIT when you're wrong! Don't keep digging a hole!

The joke WAS: "During the seventh inning {of the Yankee game}, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

David Letterman himself said the joke was about Bristol, not Willow (I provided you with a freaking link).

The joke was about a daughter getting knocked up because BRISTOL WAS KNOCKED UP.

Sarah Palin skewed the joke because she's playing to her socially conservative base. She's always playing to her socially conservative base. She's in perpetual campaign mode. Look at the recent news. She's finding "slights" everywhere.

You, now, it seems, are also part of her socially conservative base when you choose to ignore the obvious (the joke being about Bristol because Bristol was already knocked up once --- David Letterman has done many, many "pregnant" Bristol Palin jokes; and ZERO pregnant Willow Palin jokes -- Letterman himself says the joke was about Bristol).

Star.

Stop digging.

Put down the shovel.

Your thread title is rife with misleading innuendo and outright mistruths.

You have the option to:

(1) Be a man and own up to your mistakes

or

(2) keep digging, hoping that you can bluster your way out with many, many words of spurious "explanation" - just like Trinity does.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jesus Christ, star.

Just ADMIT when you're wrong! Don't keep digging a hole!

The joke WAS: "During the seventh inning {of the Yankee game}, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

David Letterman himself said the joke was about Bristol, not Willow (I provided you with a freaking link).

The joke was about a daughter getting knocked up because BRISTOL WAS KNOCKED UP.

Sarah Palin skewed the joke because she's playing to her socially conservative base. She's always playing to her socially conservative base. She's in perpetual campaign mode. Look at the recent news. She's finding "slights" everywhere.

You, now, it seems, are also part of her socially conservative base when you choose to ignore the obvious (the joke being about Bristol because Bristol was already knocked up once --- David Letterman has done many, many "pregnant" Bristol Palin jokes; and ZERO pregnant Willow Palin jokes -- Letterman himself says the joke was about Bristol).

Star.

Stop digging.

Put down the shovel.

Your thread title is rife with misleading innuendo and outright mistruths.

You have the option to:

(1) Be a man and own up to your mistakes

or

(2) keep digging, hoping that you can bluster your way out with many, many words of spurious "explanation" - just like Trinity does.

Fair enough.

After the fact Letterman claims that the joke was about Bristol. If that potentially is the case, then I relent.

It didn't seem like the joke was about Bristol when I heard the bit, because Willow was the one at the game.

It was poor taste, either way by Letterman. Let's leave it at that.:wink:

I understand that there is the 'real world' and the 'joke world' but anything involving a minor is just gross.

I will try to use more accurate words in the thread title next time around.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The title of this thread is disgusting.

The racial "undertones", as has been pointed out, are all the OP's.

I am so over provocative, deliberately incendiary thread titles allegedly meant to incite debate. To say that is entirely unnecessary on this board begs the more important question: what is the reason for them? At the very least, it seems the most obvious form of passive/aggressive insult to me.

Other than to point out that Britney Spear's underage little sister was also the instant butt of comedian's jokes (which went unchallenged as, obviously, she had no political machine to "take offense" for her)many of which, in the end, became reality, I refuse to debate this blather.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
He didn't think that he was talking about Willow, he thought that he was making a joke about Bristol who is NOT a minor... they look a lot alike.

Yeah, all them Alaskan honkey women look alike.

And Star, you try too hard. Again, you did not think this one out. From the title, and to the actual meaning the the garbled nonsense arriving from Sarah Palin misunderstanding.....

Let's see . "Moron with computer starts idiotic thread with racial overtones no one else in the world noticed...."

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The title of this thread is disgusting.

The racial "undertones", as has been pointed out, are all the OP's.

I am so over provocative, deliberately incendiary thread titles allegedly meant to incite debate. To say that is entirely unnecessary on this board begs the more important question: what is the reason for them? At the very least, it seems the most obvious form of passive/aggressive insult to me.

Other than to point out that Britney Spear's underage little sister was also the instant butt of comedian's jokes (which went unchallenged as, obviously, she had no political machine to "take offense" for her)many of which, in the end, became reality, I refuse to debate this blather.

How dare you refer to my subject matter as blather.

:tongue:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sarah Palin and family are arguably the easiest target material for a late night talk show host.

.. and the repugs used to accuse Democrats of "whining". Someone shove a sock in Sarah's mouth... nah. Let her talk. She'll just give Dave more ammo.

No wait. George Bush was.

Really think about this folks: Had the McCain/Palin ticket won and ol' John bought the farm that anti-feminist would be in charge (or at least the titular head) of the largest and most powerful country in the free world.

That's some scary shit.

I say you preach abstinence and then your daughter isn't well enough educated in sex education to realize that if he puts his thingy in your thingy you may well get a squealing brat.

Now Bristol's roaming the land preaching abstinence with babe on her hip?

Give me a fucking break.:rolleyes: Republicans - you gotta love the ol' adage "do as I say not as I do".

DeeBlackThorne said:
Get over it, Star. Weak case. Letterman apologized even for Palin's ridiculous interpretation. Should she be mad about being called out on a slutty flight attendant look? Sure. But, c'mon. We've all been snickering about that forever!

Plus Letterman's invited Palin et al on his show.

Let's see her show some balls and take him up on it.

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So what I'm getting from this is

1. The title has fuck all to do with what was actually said
2. That you have to cherry pick who you use in a joke to make 100% sure that both the person in question and all of their ancestors are white, just in case someone with an agenda gets called on it...

Well, Kotch, that's a tad simplistic but that's about it.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I didn't want to make things too complex. I was somewhat worried that using too many words would only lead to some of them being twisted into meaning something completely unrelated :wink:

And you know how we hate it when you tax our collective pea brains. Keep it simple, girl. :biggrin1:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So what I'm getting from this is

1. The title has fuck all to do with what was actually said
2. That you have to cherry pick who you use in a joke to make 100% sure that both the person in question and all of their ancestors are white, just in case someone with an agenda gets called on it...

Babe, you missed the part about the OP being an idiot race-baiter.

But other than that, yeah.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The talking point get issued out, and someone copy the Rove playbook verbatim.

David Letterman been dishing out satire for over 30 years now, unless you want to make a law that no comedian make jokes about a politician, you better get used to it, or watch Jay Leno!

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
letterman (2) Palins (0)..................and if you'd have listen to it you'd know you have it ass backwards as usual. if anyone should be mad it should be the airline stewardess's

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The talking point get issued out, and someone copy the Rove playbook verbatim.

David Letterman been dishing out satire for over 30 years now, unless you want to make a law that no comedian make jokes about a politician, you better get used to it, or watch Jay Leno!

Uhh, better make that "Conan", which I respond kindly "No Thank You".

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's latino. Sorry. Why didn't Letterman use another of the trillion dollar Yankees that are white? AJ Burnett, Mark Teixiera, Johnny Damon, Andy Pettitte? Had to be the big latino, huh?

Any of the other superstars I listed above are household names and could have been used in the joke, but Letterman's fetishes required that he used a latino.

Sean;

A-Rod is barely a minority in Major and Minor League baseball these days.

The above names are barely household ones.

A-rod is the biggest name in the sport IF NOT ALL SPORTS, the largest star in the sport, and the highest paid athlete of all time. A-rod is A-lightning-rod for jokes because of his antics and personality. People know of his playboy doings. Why would A joke using Andy Pettitte, a devout christian and faithful husband (to our knowledge), work at all when talking about knocking up a Palin? The world knows via divorce and many other headline news stories about A-Rod and his women. No one knows shit about anyone else you named above, except MAYBE that they are baseball players. A-rod brings this shit on himself, not the other "household" names above.

Can you imagine how much more lame the joke would have been if he said Mark Teixiera??? Mark Who?