Letterman joke about black man raping minor has him on the hot seat

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Starinvestor is banned.

(Heh. I bet the ban is only temporary...)
I doubt it.

The latest update to the "Moderator Actions" thread says that all listed bans are permanent unless otherwise noted...and there isn't any special mention by the notice of SI's banning.

D

deleted15807

Bristol Palin is fair game...that goes with the territory of being a public figure/media whore.

Exactly. She is fair game. She's doing interviews for People Magazine. She's showing up on the morning news shows. She's out trying to tell girls not to do what she did.

"Girls need to imagine and picture their life with a screaming newborn baby and then think before they have sex," she tells PEOPLE. "Think about the consequences."
With quotes like that. She is FAIR game.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uhh, better make that "Conan", which I respond kindly "No Thank You".
I heard that Jay Leno, change his mind and want to come back, but in a later time slot. Regardless, I think Conan will do better than Jay, and Conan has the same audience demographic that Letterman have. I have a notion that democrat to republican are like Letterman to Leno. I say this because it does seem that Leno have more conservative views than Letterman, although I had thought Letterman was a conservative, but change in the last 8 years after he was personally attack by the Bush administration. If you go to piss Letterman off, he does have a tendency to bring it and dish it for all its worth for week on, like he did when McCain stood him up for an interview, and called in Kieth Olberman to take his place.

D

deleted15807

Indeed Letterman should have NEVER apologized especially to Palin. She never apologized for her flat out lies she told during her failed campaign.

Big Irish

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He didn't think that he was talking about Willow, he thought that he was making a joke about Bristol who is NOT a minor... they look a lot alike.

First off he has astaff who writes these and knows exactly which daughter was in NY. But to use your logic if the girl is over 18 then its ok. So if Bill O'reilly says this, in 10 years, about Obamas oldest daughter then it will be ok, and if he makes an error we'll just say "well, they all look alike!" ? I love it when lefty's can't see their hypocrisy.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Indeed Letterman should have NEVER apologized especially to Palin. She never apologized for her flat out lies she told during her failed campaign.

I for one was happy to see him apologize.

Why? Because the apology had the effect of doing exactly what she didn't want: took the wind right out of her sails. She had no choice but to either accept it, or look moreso like someone "playing it for all it was worth".

Sarah "what's her name" can thank heavens for Letterman. If not for his joke, her swift journey into obscurity might have remained completely unimpeded.