Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ladies (or men if you can offer some advice) - how do you prefer a man to go about letting you know he's not interested in you? There is a girl in one of my classes who keeps flirting with me. She always sits next to me and she'll always try to find ways to touch me, push her foot up next to mine, etc. It's all very childish and this girl is a theater major - loves to be the center of attention.

We were actually friends on facebook until I deleted my account, and she'd always send me these stupid "I THINK UR HOT" application invitations and I'm flattered, honestly but just not interested in this girl. She comes on way too strong and I happen to not like that. I know a lot of guys would be all over it, but not I. I like to be the one who does the chasing and pursuing - IF I am interested. She's not horrible looking, but she just seems very high maintenance and she's just freakin' annoying. So how would you go about handling this? I mean, I have to deal with her a whole semester. I'd rather not be mean about it but sometimes I guess you have to be cruel to be kind? I don't want to just come out and say "I'm not interested" and embarrass her.

I was thinking about casually mentioning that I have a girlfriend somehow, but I don't right now and I'd rather not have to lie. I don't know, maybe I should.

Anybody?

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well... it might sound kinda harsh, but just say you're not interested.
Say you'd rather stay friends than endagering your friendship with her.
Even if you don't see you as friends, tell her that. That way she won't be too hurt.

D

deleted213967

I was thinking about casually mentioning that I have a girlfriend somehow, but I don't right now and I'd rather not have to lie. I don't know, maybe I should.

Anybody?

She may be pushy but that doesn't make her an idiot.

Even on FaceBook there are many ways you can make it clear you're into the opposite of what she is. That way, you're not being negative, you're actually being positive by saying tons of good stuff about girls she knows she is not like.

falcon27

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well... it might sound kinda harsh, but just say you're not interested.
Say you'd rather stay friends than endagering your friendship with her.
Even if you don't see you as friends, tell her that. That way she won't be too hurt.

Yeah, but I really don't see this girl at all except for in class and I'm not about to say that in front of other people. I mean, honestly she should just take a hint. I'm not at all receptive to her advances. If I'm not responding she should back off and save some dignity...I don't want to be friends either. I don't wanna be rude either though, but I guess maybe you're right. She can't take a hint I'll have to buy her a clue.

She may be pushy but that doesn't make her an idiot.

Even on FaceBook there are many ways you can make it clear you're into the opposite of what she is. That way, you're not being negative, you're actually being positive by saying tons of good stuff about girls she knows she is not like.

I don't have a facebook account anymore, but thanks for the advice. I don't know her all that well, but she is an actress - and I'm by no means saying I'm God's gift to women and that she would do anything to be with me, but something tells me she'd just try to be more like the type of girl I do like, if she knew what that was. If that makes any sense.

D

deleted213967

I don't have a facebook account anymore, but thanks for the advice. I don't know her all that well, but she is an actress - and I'm by no means saying I'm God's gift to women and that she would do anything to be with me, but something tells me she'd just try to be more like the type of girl I do like, if she knew what that was. If that makes any sense.

Got it.

So use my Plan B:

Get a GF or a FWB, a very jealous one with a karate black belt or a dad in the "garbage business".

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You sound like a nice guy! Let her down easy. I wouldn't give her the cold shoulder but keep things neutral. When she is busily showing off, walk away and do something else while she is in the middle of it. If she talks to you, suddenly remember someone you MUST talk to and cut things short (not rudely) to go talk to them. If you know she is going to try to attach herself to you after class, find someone to hook up with, even if it is only to walk down the corridor until she is out of sight. Do you have any good female friends? Would any of them be willing to meet up with you and pretend to be your girlfriend? If so, do that for a while. Hopefully, she will get the message that you are not available. In the future, it may become clear that you are no longer "with someone", at which point she may try to make a play for you again. No one is that dense. If she is dropping all kinds of hints and you are not taking the bait, it is bound to dawn on her that you are not interested in her. Ultimately, the ideal position you want to be in is to have her ask you why you are not asking her out at which point be honest - she isn't your type. And do not feel obliged to explain beyond that because then you get the whining and the 'I can be what you want' and you don't want to go there!

modestlyhung

1st Like
Media
Here's an idea. Say she sits by you some Monday and asks how your weekend was tell her you went on a date with some girl other girl. Tell her you had a fun time on your date and will likely see the other girl again as if it might go somewhere and you're interested in finding out where. This girl knows exactly how forward she is being with you. Either she gets pissed and stops flirting with you for even bringing it up, or gets the message you're not interested in you and stops it... that or goes on a jealous rampage.

I think its worth a shot.

Last edited:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Hum, I would expect someone to tell me that my advances were unwelcome and that they didn't feel the same way about me. Just casually say to her during class or whenever she nuzzles up to you. "Do you mind moving your foot... etc, I dislike when people touch me or are in my personal space."

Good luck bro.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had to deal with that situation 2 nights ago. This girl that I know just blatantly hit on me. Didn't see it coming and was totally blindsided. She's really nice, pretty, a little dingy, but not my type at all. I guess she mistook my being nice, polite and friendly to her as a sign I was interested when I wasn't. I never once flirted with her like I do with most people.

The way I handled it was I just told her that I have a girlfriend. Fortunately for me, it worked and she got the hint.

B_horsehung12inch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
fuck her so brutally she cant take it again...

1) she'll leave u alone (hopefully)

2) other girls will find out ur hung (im guessing u are if ur on this site!)

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I use this line when not interested (and not involved): "I'm sorry, you seem nice but I'm not available right now." The way I figure it is it's not a lie, I'm not inventing a boyfriend I don't have. There are many reasons for being unavailable right? You could perhaps try that.

bigdog83

Sexy Member
Media
fuck all the bullshit..........dont play games, feelings are hurt and its not cool.

do you want to be friends with her? ask her to hang out, make sure to mention, "as friends"............then mention "as friends" when you are hanging out.....something easy like hey i just want to make sure we are friends. no feelings will be hurt and she will respect you. make it clear.....if she doesnt back off, then tell her you can not be friends.

if you dont even want to be friends, then just say hi and bye and dont sit bye her.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is a difference between sparing someone's feelings and letting them live in the land of make-believe. Just tell the straight truth. Life goes much easier and it won't prevent pain either way. You're delaying the inevitable.