Levi's 501 jeans: Does anyone wear these?

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
I've always worn Levis 501s - even when they were unpopular. I just like the fit. I don't consider them skinny jeans - they don't ride so low on the hips the way skinny jeans do.

I wear them all the time! I think my boyfriend doesn't like them very much, though.

SuperSizedBalls

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Funny thing about 501's --- I started wearing them when I was about 10 -12 years of age, and have never bought, owned or worn any other 'jeans' since then. 501's just seem to mold themselves to the owners/wearers individual body contours (hence their motto "Shrink to Fit"). Also, they'll wear like for years.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yeah i wear them, luv them, and they've actually increased in popularity recently (Levi's even committed to several new 501 commercials, one where that really hot guy was pulling on a pair in his apt and then his apt crumbles and he's out on the street)

i get dark original unwashed, u need to buy them big, shrink them to fit u, and even if you're the same size as a buddy his jeans will NOT feel right if u try and swap.

start out new and dark, and earn the fade/fray/whiskers the honest way, don't buy pre shredded jeans, those are for posers.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah I wear them, if you don't want to wear completely skintight jeans they're great because they're skiny but not skintight, I have over died ones with a touch of lycra in them they're great because I get the skinny jeans look but without the blood flow constriction to my extremities LOL and bonus they stretch out at the knee in this really cool way.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah I wear them, if you don't want to wear completely skintight jeans they're great because they're skiny but not skintight, I have over died ones with a touch of lycra in them they're great because I get the skinny jeans look but without the blood flow constriction to my extremities LOL and bonus they stretch out at the knee in this really cool way.

that's just wrong in every conceivable way

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like 501's. I have blue, black and white ones. I also like the 511 "skinny" jeans, as I am thin. I hate the baggy jeans, ugh. I hope they go out of style soon. I never bought any of them. I also wear Wrangler
Slim Fit.
nicecircjob

Nottswanker

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Levis tweaked the cut many times. 501s fit quite close on the thigh but by today's standards they're quite wide at the ankle and the rise is higher. The 511 is their slim fit jean and they have another fit which is really skinny, I forget what it's called. Old school US made 501s are classics, but there are some really poor quality versions- flimsy stitching, lightweight denim, funny shapes. The current Levis Vintage range is good quality but pricey.