LEXX

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Speaking of Sci Fi shows, are there any members here who were fans of the TV show LEXX? We were avid watchers ever since the first 4 made for tv movies (which aired under the title "Tales From a Parallel Universe").

I had recorded these, but lost the recordings, and haven't been able to find them on DVD.

The worst season seemed to have been the last, where the Lexx finally made his (or her) way to Earth. Most of those episodes seemed to be outright farces. Nor was I a fan of their recurring nemesis, Prince. The show did end "with a bang" though.

Attachments

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Which one? The white haired Zev Bellringer (played by Eva Habermann) or the red haired Xev played by Xenia Seeberg? Seeberg was the one with the lips, but for me Eva was hotter.

Attachments

Last edited:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well, yes, a number of episodes were decidedly (and perhaps deliberately) so, especially, as I said, the last season (described by some as season three, if you don't count the 4 movies).

The movies were (imo) innovative in a variety of ways, and the first season thereafter (or more accurately, the second) as well. Around the time Zev was replaced with Xev it began a gradual spiral downhill (plotwise) until the last season when the ship ended up on Earth.

Just about all of those were pure crap.

And yes, the Brunnen G song is good. (Fact: I had a dog named after that character).

Bongo7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am watching the series right now on DVD. I watched them all on TV years ago. I am re-watching them now. I bought them all on DVD a couple years ago when you could still get them. Lexx is a totally awesome show. It is supposed to be a farce really. No sense in trying to take this as a serious sci-fi show.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Speaking of Sci Fi shows, are there any members here who were fans of the TV show LEXX? We were avid watchers ever since the first 4 made for tv movies (which aired under the title "Tales From a Parallel Universe").

I had recorded these, but lost the recordings, and haven't been able to find them on DVD.

The worst season seemed to have been the last, where the Lexx finally made his (or her) way to Earth. Most of those episodes seemed to be outright farces. Nor was I a fan of their recurring nemesis, Prince. The show did end "with a bang" though.

You can buy Lexx on DVD from eBay, Amazon and Play.com!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You can buy Lexx on DVD from eBay, Amazon and Play.com!

Thanks for the info. I've just checked and the 4 DVD pack will be available Oct. 7th.

I checked awhile back for these and they weren't available (except for a few used ones at outrageous prices).

Last edited: