Libby guilty

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SpeedoGuy, Mar 7, 2007.

1. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I return home from a business trip and a surprise awaits me.

BBC NEWS | Americas | White House official Libby guilty

Investigations, indictments and convictions, not unusual for the Republican leadership of the last few years. Rot seems to accompany them into high places. Libby is the highest ranking White House official convicted since the Iran/Contra scandal roughly 20 years ago (and don't forget that many of the Republican perps in that misadventure were pardoned by Bush senior).

Scooter claimed he'd merely forgotten his notes. It seems the jury didn't buy that story. I wonder what he could have been trying to cover up?

2. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pardon me?

Loyalty has its rewards. :deal:

I'd bet we see a presidential pardon late in the term, after the election, of course.

3. B_largelarry

B_largelarry New Member

Never mind that Bill Clinton pardoned that scumbag Marc Rich on his final day in office, coincidentally after Rich's ex-wife donated millions to the Clinton Library.

4. davidjh7

Gold Member

Pretty much all the presidents of the last century have abused the power of the presidential pardon to let off some deserving jerk who should have friend for his crimes. But I guess that is why a presidential privaledge--it doesn't HAVE to be justified. Frankly, I have major qualms with this particular unilateral power, as I do with all executive unilateral powers. But I guess I still have this fantasy of living in a republic, and not a dictatorship, which at present I am. Granted, that dictatorship is more a cabal made up by several sons of bitches, but I digress.....:rolleyes:

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

I agree. Presidential pardons are bullshit- it was bullshit of Clinton, and every other pardon, like the late great Gerald Ford's.

The main difference I see is that this particular administration has stuffed offices with personal unqualified friends like no other in recent memory. I'm getting sick of how all these unqualified cronies have been conducting themselves as if they are above the law, just because they know bush will be there to sweep up the mess. At what point is enough enough?

6. B_largelarry

B_largelarry New Member

There were actually more scandals under the Clinton administration than under the Bush administration. People's memories are just short.

Clinton's dishonesty went WAY beyond (and before) Monica Lewinsky.

7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Standard conservative defense is also too short. Bush administration steps on its dick again? Attack the Clintons.

Draft saved Draft deleted