Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So whats strange? Clever people who can think for themselves think that most religions are pretty daft and self-inconsistent, and many laws are ridiculous.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are similar studies that seem to indicate that it's more a matter of intelligent people going against the grain, that they are more likely to challenge the assumptions of the less-educated masses. For example, Christians in Japan tend to also be more intelligent, because they are a distinct minority who had to put a lot of thought into challenging the majority view.

It's not so much that Christianity is for dumb people. It's more a matter of intelligent people not automatically going along with things that dumb people assume are true. Hopefully we knew that already. Or some of us did.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There are similar studies that seem to indicate that it's more a matter of intelligent people going against the grain, that they are more likely to challenge the assumptions of the less-educated masses. For example, Christians in Japan tend to also be more intelligent, because they are a distinct minority who had to put a lot of thought into challenging the majority view.

It's not so much that Christianity is for dumb people. It's more a matter of intelligent people not automatically going along with things that dumb people assume are true. Hopefully we knew that already. Or some of us did.

Well said.

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, both conservatives and christains are greedy dumbasses, so i'd agree "compared to them"

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

How thrilling. Unfortunately, you've failed to provide any links to these studies of Japanese christians. Therefore, until you do provide legitimate links, please forgive me for not believing your post has a soupçon of truth to it until I get a chance to read those "studies." :smile:

Last edited:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
WTF does he mean by "sexual exclusivity"?

That men with higher IQs have fewer partners or are less likely cheat?[/QUOTE]

Pardon this somewhat embittered response, but I take something from it rather different than what seems to be the suggested implication:

Nerds get less pussy than jocks, and this is a lifelong condition.

This nerd would have been a lot more bi in college and perhaps thereafter were it not for that factor.

B_quietguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
WTF does he mean by "sexual exclusivity"?

That men with higher IQs have fewer partners or are less likely cheat?

I'm sure somebody will spin the article to make it look like high-IQ men are monogamous - but the truth is not like that at all.

According to the CNN version of the article, the participants were interviewed as 18- to 28-year-olds from 2001 to 2002. This is the age at when people are supposed to get college degrees. So if you think about it, the high IQ ones were more likely staying in college getting multiple degrees.

Meanwhile the dumbsters all got thrown out of college because they went to drunken frat parties and missed their exams and homework. What was so great about the drunken frat party? They fucked several women, got some pregnant so they were sued for child support and dropped out of college to get a job to pay all the court-ordered child support.

What happened to the high IQ men that stayed in school? They all got 6 figure incomes, attracted several girl friends who were sexually liberated, and started going to high society sex parties like the kind you see in "Eyes Wide Shut".

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Meanwhile the dumbsters all got thrown out of college because they went to drunken frat parties and missed their exams and homework. What was so great about the drunken frat party? They fucked several women, got some pregnant so they were sued for child support and dropped out of college to get a job to pay all the court-ordered child support.

What happened to the high IQ men that stayed in school? They all got 6 figure incomes, attracted several girl friends who were sexually liberated, and started going to high society sex parties like the kind you see in "Eyes Wide Shut".

The moral of this story:
College degrees may lead to more sophisticated hookers, but they're all still whores in the end. :biggrin1:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Thanks, justasking. It's unfortunate that Nick of the Sixes, himself, wasn't able to produce those links, for he professes to be "intelligent." He may have some extra gray matter, but I'm afraid that if he does it's chemically impaired by adult beverage refreshments that can be quickly sucked through a straw.

The "conservative" article is a bit of a mish mash. The author implies that conservatives don't follow or have traditions that otherwise help those groups with lower IQs succeed. Well, I can verify from years of working in the field of human knowledge acquisition and applied anthropology that the idea that "liberals" don't have traditions is a pile of shit pulled out of the author's ass. And his "touching" upon the subject that christian Japanese are smarter (not having higher IQs, just smarter) he attributed to them having better educations -- at a private christian school, no doubt. And even he didn't offer any further evidence for more reading on the subject.

Smoke and mirrors? Naw, more like the christianist ploy of saying "This is true because I said it was true and christians don't lie." In Ewetaw, mormons have a similar way of avoiding uncomfortable answers to real questions. A well-known joke among those "faithful" (marginal or otherwise) is "The truth is out there, but we won't tell you what it is until we think you're ready for it."

But what do I know compared to the great conservative whackoos who regullarly post to the conservative forum? I'm nothing but plain old :wt: LOL!

Last edited:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
This totally explains why liberals believe they know better.

You see they are so much smarter than the average dolt that they suffer that they should be allowed to "nudge" them a la Cass Sunstein.

Of course only 20% call themselves liberal, 40% conservative and 40% centrist. If you redo the study I'm sure the centrists will kick liberal and conservative ass, intellectually speaking.