Libs in AGAIN

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by YmirTheGiant, Oct 9, 2004.

1. YmirTheGiant

YmirTheGiant New Member

Man, i can't beliave it, John Howard AGAIN!! I can admit that i dont really like Latham much, but I'm sooooooo sick of little johnny.

Any Aussies wanna own up, come on...who voted for John? :angry:

2. jonb

Gold Member

Howard's already managed to insult the aborigines, of course. It's something along the lines of "Even though we knew all about the stolen generation and did nothing, we won't pay compensation because apparently a gun* is more valuable than a child."

*The Australian government compensated gun owners after guns were made illegal.

3. cruztbone

Gold Member

If you think youre sick of John Howard, you can imagine those of us in California who are fighting for gay marriage and how sick we will be if George Bush and microdick Cheney are reelected!
    we are thinking about Costa Rica!

4. jonb

Gold Member

What about having Schwarzenegger as governor? Honestly, California lost two respect points with that maneuver.

5. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I absolutely agree, Ymir. As an expat New Australian (does that make sense?) it was heartbreaking watching the election from abroad.

It's not even the Libs themselves who are so vile (I could live with Costello as PM) but that snotty little rat Howard. What he tried to do to Justice Kirby, trading prefs with Family First, the demonisation of Labour's Tasmanian forestry policy, and the brutalising of Medicare...it all makes me want to puke.

That said, the Labour party ought to start acting like the opinion of the electorate matters. When the ALP's back is to the wall, it reverts to type. Rather than electing leaders who have some wisdom and dignity, they immediately default to university debating club marxists like Latham, or union thugs like Simon Crean. Neither are electable.

Further, the Democrats imploding didn't help matters. Plenty of disaffected Liberals voted Dem, but they couldn't bring themselves to go Green. And look at them now! Natasha Stott-Despoja should join the ALP, get a lower-house seat, and she'd become PM in a nanosecond.

Even Beasley would have won this election. Bill Hayden would have won the election. Better yet, bring back Keating! Bring back the Silver Budgie! For Christ's sake, we want Gough!

hb8

6. Imported

Gold Member

YoungNHung19: Hate to tell you cruztbone but if you are voting for Kerry for a chance of gay marriage, forget it, he is against it, and was part of the grouof of Senator's who overturned the Massachusetts decision. Sorry, but you crazy liberals will have to find another reason to hate Bush, which shouldn't be hard for you.

7. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke New Member

Um... doesn't Kerry sit in the United States Senate? Wasn't the Massacheusetts discussion regarding same-sex marriage a strictly local State issue? Please explain to me how US Senators control local State legislative business? (or would that ruin your cutsie argument here?)

And just to be 'on-topic' congrats to John Howard on winning a 4th term.

8. LOVEARIAS

LOVEARIAS New Member

As an Australian I just want to say that its a sad day. John Howard is a small small man.

9. jonb

Gold Member

Which has what to do with Australian prime ministers?

And how can senators overturn a court decision? Courts can overturn a court decision, and constitutional amendments can overturn a court decision. In this case, an amendment to either the Massachusetts State Constitution or the U.S. Constitution could overturn it; in the former, Kerry has no power, and in the latter, he's against the amendment, saying it should be a state matter. (You know, those "states' rights" Republicans always talk about wrt black voting?)

10. Imported

Gold Member

YoungNHung19: Yes he does represent Massachusetts in the US Senate..It's called political influence LuckyLuke, maybe you have heard of it. I lived in Mass for 8 years, Kerry is a dumba$$, I know first hand.

11. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke New Member

So you are acusing Senator Kerry of "influencing" a court decision?

12. YmirTheGiant

YmirTheGiant New Member

I'm more concerned now with not only the libs having a majority in both the upper and lower houses, eg they can now pass bill unchallenged, but that that power is held in conjunction with the family first party, eg religious nuts will get to force the gov to make ammendments to bills to suit their own agendas

:(

13. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke New Member

If you are talking about Australian politics, it might be helpful for some people to know that the Australian Liberal party is the 'conservative' party in Australian politics.

14. climber

climber Member

JUST WAIT TILL THEY AMEND THE CONSTITUTION TO MAKE HIM PRESIDENT......

15. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, well, Libertarians favor eugenics, and Bush is a Republican who says a dictatorship would be easier. Americans have the same name game problems.

16. Imported

Gold Member

YoungNHung19: Sorry Jonb, you have a lot to learn about politics, and it shows in your ignorant statements, wich is obviously popular with this crowd, seeing as how the Kerry/Edwards website link is on top of this webpage...go figure.

17. Imported

Gold Member

Lover_hanging8:
    As I see Cali gained many many points! Just say no to Liberalism!! Kerrys record speaks volumes! Past twenty years in the senate.
    Ps : Please make sure you pantie wearing Libs go Costa rica LMAO!

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

*wets pants*

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

Thanx so much, young-n-dumb, that laugh was better than an orgasm!!

jonb's really ignorant, yeah right

19. Imported

Gold Member

YoungNHung19: What can I say, madame? Ridiculousness IS one of your best self-admitted qualities....?

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yes, and at least I'm aware of it!

Draft saved Draft deleted