Licking my chops...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Northland, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Northland

Gold Member

As Blagojevich goes into freefall-and in such spectacular fashion that he made ex-governor Ryan look saintly and ex-New York Governor Spitzer look even better-I think of the recent mortgage fiasco and Barney Frank. I think of...well let me put it this way...

From time to time I like to enter a word or two or even three into a google search. At times I'll enter a name. Such was the case today when I fed the name of Congressman Charles Rangel (New York City, CD15) into the search box.

Now, in all fairness, I knew Rangel was having difficulty I just had no idea how absurd some of this was. Now, Rangel is on the House Ways and Means Committee and is being investigated by an ethics committee. Among other things there are some income tax questions and his apartment rental bilking of taxpayers and diverting campaign contributions towards his son's businees. This action on its own is not against the law, the amount of dollars re-routed though does bring questions.

Of course, through it all, Rangel refuses to even temporarily step down from his position on the Ways and Means.

Well, this brings us to me licking my chops-as the title indicates. I truly enjoy watching as a side goes down, whether it be Democrat or Republican, it just makes me giddy. Positively giddy.

As Obama tries to get his administration rolling, he is already being hit with sea-spray from his fellow Democrats. Of course, considering he is bringing in more than half of his staff from OLD WASHINGTON, it destroyed his Change them before he even slid his ass onto the Presidential Toilet. This just makes things a lot more difficult for him.

And of course, nobody in the voting realms of Illinois is going to trust any candidate who Blagojevich decides would make a good Senate replacement for Obama. Even if Blagojevich resigns, his successor wouldn't be fully trusted. The only option is the voters must make a selection. Given the current political climate and concerns about the ethics of Democrats, voters will most likely lean Republican-thus slashing another seat out of Democratic control. And so the tide begins to shift (as it always does in politics).

Yup, it's going to be a very interesting time. My prediction-the filth beginning to ooze out now, will turn the tide in favor of the Republicans slightly by 2010, when the next house races occur, and even more by 2012 when we next have a Presidential showing.

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rofl:

Trying your hand at comedy?

Rule of law, my man. If a majority of voters not trusting an appointed federal official were sufficient cause to hold a new election, Dubya wouldn't have finished his first term.

3. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Agree with much of this.

You have to feel sorry for Obama in the respect that he (and his party) is tied with Pelosi and Reid. Those two are not normal human beings. If the Dems had a Dianne Feinstein or hell, even John Dingell... it was be a much more easier road to hoe, and positive perception.

Pelosi and her bulldog attitude, and Reid's lunacy... was all fine and good when they were attacking Iraq every week. But I'm not even sure that worked, since the Dems took over the House, the congressional ratings tanked, and have stayed well below even Bush's.

So in some respects Obama will have to confront those two idjits, or face the wrath of being lock-in-step with them.

The Dems don't need the sharp elbows of Pelosi anymore, they will only cause suffrage towards 2010. Likewise with the clown that is Reid. There are much better Dem leaders than these two galoots.

4. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Kwame!

5. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    I only feel sorry that Obama has to clean up so much of Bush's mistakes and deal with so many other challenges that he is inheriting. But you know what, I've got faith in the guy, and I know in 4-8 years he's going to have a positive impact.

6. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm surprised you guys haven't realized this whole election cycle was planned carefully by the geniuses behind the Republican machine. And they are geniuses.

They wanted to lose this one. That's why they let a guy like McCain, who has no chance, run away with it.

Now they get to sit back while a Democratic president and congress struggle with the aftermath of Bush, which they'll be unable to fix, especially in four years. The Dems will get blamed for being incompetent to fix the situation, and in 2012, the Republicans will have a primary that has, I guarantee it, Petreus, Palin and Romney in it. The Republican whack-job base will be strong again and the general public's opinion will have swayed enough to the "well, maybe we should give them a shot" column to win it.

Be afraid, Liberal-minded Americans. Your country is dying. The Republicans want it this way, and they have a very strong plan to make it happen. Can't wait for World War III, where America's the bad guy and the Chinese and Russians free the world from oppression. Plenty of money to be made in the military-industrial complex. Let's do it, Neocons!

Draft saved Draft deleted