Lies, Misdeeds and Fuck-ups by the Bush Administration

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
5. Conditions at Walter Reed (and lots and lots of other VA facilities)
Mindseye, thanks for remembering us... servicemembers and veterans. Just one small but significant point: Walter Reed is not a VA hospital, it's an Army hospital, part of the department of defense - the medical and support staff are mostly active duty, and it's for active duty patients. The VA hospitals are administered by the Veterans' Administration, most of the medical and support staff are civilians, and the patients are veterans. I've received care in 3 different VA hospitals, and the care and facilities were actually quite good. The conditions at Walter Reed were despicable.

9. Jack Abramoff.
Game, set, and match!

The worst [not to mention the worst cost/benefit ratio] lie of all to American servicemen and women:

"Mission Accomplished"
And "shock and awe campaign" was a close second, wasn't it?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mindseye, thanks for remembering us... servicemembers and veterans. Just one small but significant point: Walter Reed is not a VA hospital, it's an Army hospital, part of the department of defense

Thanks for the correction.

Prior to the story breaking in the national news about Walter Reed, I had been following the story about the conditions at the VA hospital in Asheville, NC, a story which had been unfolding since 2004. When the Walter Reed story gained national prominence, I had linked the two stories in my mind -- and forgot the detail that you corrected me on. Thanks again.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the correction.

Prior to the story breaking in the national news about Walter Reed, I had been following the story about the conditions at the VA hospital in Asheville, NC, a story which had been unfolding since 2004. When the Walter Reed story gained national prominence, I had linked the two stories in my mind -- and forgot the detail that you corrected me on. Thanks again.
I didn't see the Asheville story. I did think it was important, though that our dear readers understand the difference.

These soldiers coming back from Iraq, seriously wounded, and still on active duty (read: under the care and "protection" of the DoD) for treatment - and this is what they get. Of course, I caught the tail end of Fox 5 News while waiting for The Simpsons to come on... they were interviewing a Walter Reed patient (chosen, obviously, of course for special reasons) who said that the claims of those others were exaggerated; and besides, they're soldiers, they are used to taking care of themselves, so they should have grabbed a rag and cleaned up that mold." I was thinking "yeah, easy for you to say, asshole, you came back to take out a splinter. That guy maybe didn't still have his legs or arms or eyes." Grrrr.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
OOPs! Already covered! Sorry! Please Ignore!

Nominating Harriet Miers in 2005 to replace Sandra Day O'Connor on the Supreme Court. Bush wanted to appoint someone outside of the appelate court system, and he nominated her as a crony. Sadly, at her Senate hearing, she submitted substandard answers to the Senate's questions. They had her redo her answers.... sad, sad, sad.