Life after Experimentation

zodiac00000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a conversation with a male friend and he opened up to me about the lone sexual encounter he had with a man. He was not ashamed of it an did it really out of curiosity as well as the forbidden nature of it as he put it. His concern though is for his future wife whoever she may be. He feels as though it's something he would have to tell her but he thinks most women would run away. It led me to wonder about those straight guys out there who are curious and whether or not they, like my buddy think about those future consequence when they experiment.

I write about it in my fictional stories but until he opened up to me I never thought about the psychological impact it has on guys after. So I guess this one really goes out to the guys who experimented 1 or 2 times. What effect has it had on your thoughts and on dating. Is it something you speak openly about or just on LPSG?

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wouldn't have a problem if a guy had experimented in the past. I might be a bit worried that I would infact be the experiement (i.e. he is normally with guys), in that case I don't think I could do it. I think it's normal to be curious. Unfortunately it seems like there is a lot of taboo regarding straight guys being open to experimenting. All of my male friends, and my boyfriend, all say that they have never been curious and never would be. I think this is not entirely correct though.

Sorry to crash on your thread...just giving a woman's point of view lol.

nuiolo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Statistics say that more men experiment than society realizes. Depending on the study the average is as high as 47% of guys have experimented in some way, especially as a young teen. Surprisingly, a larger number of guys who have not experimented are either those men that are homophobic, or are in fact homosexual and wait until they are in a committed relationship. Of those that did experiment, only a small percentage felt that their experiences, ranging from simple mutual masterbation all the way to anal sex, were negative or would affect them negatively in the future. Research also has proven that sexuality is a continuum as opposed to a dichotomy with the majority of people falling closer to one end or the other, but only a small percentage actually 100% gay or straight. Unfortunately, society plays a huge role in how individuals express their sexuality, or at least feel the freedom to.

Rtgs response is typical for a lot of women in that their concern is that their man be only interested in them. While most guys would be open to their wife experimenting with another woman, most women do not feel the same towards their men. We are just wired differently.

It's a shame our society isn't more open and understanding to these things. Then again that would challenge the control present, but that's a whole other topic.

Bottom line. Absolutely nothing wrong with experimentation, it's much more normal than people realize.

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
most of us on LPSG know experimentation is normal. the question is about how it isnt accepted and what this means. more often then not, i would figure men keep those actions secret.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
If there were no experimentation how would you explain all the 100% str8 guys on here looking at other guys dicks?

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Regarding the OP's friend, I'd say the past is the past and if it was a one-time thing, he should just leave it in the past and not mention it to any future partners.

However, if he still has some sort of attraction to men and still wants to "experiment" then, yes, he should mention it to any future partner so they know what they're getting into when dating him.