Life Counselor

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have any of you worked with a "Life Counselor"?

These folks are supposed to help you get back on track with your life, help to re-focus on who you are and where you want to go, goals, careers, help hone in on potential career paths etc.

I can't seem to find any good information or resources on said individuals.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never have but I know someone who did. She said it helped get her life in focus and was a very positive experience. She left NY moved to LA and is now married with a child. We are still in touch on facebook I'll ask her more about it.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Until you find a life coach or counselor, buy a copy of Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. It's a bit "new age-ish" for the cynical, but there are many chapters that guide one's thinking to "Ah Hah!" moments of clarity. As much as it pains me to admit, I only bought it because it was being worshipped on Oprah. But it turned out to be much more than a self help tome. I have secretly given it as an unexpected gift to many friends who, after reading and re reading it, agree that it has helped them understand reality and assuage lots of anxiety.

I appreciate it. Any resources are appreciated. When living in MI the raccoons, bear, and owls only can help so much.

Perhaps a copy of Dr Dolittle may help :)

Raccoons cheeky and mischievous, Bears gentle yet powerful, Owls mysterious and wise.

Sounds like a good place to write your own book. Hope you find a counselor to help guide you in the direction you wish to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A New Earth: great book!!!!! Excellent recommendation, MLB!

Have you ever considered seeking counsel in a local church (scandal, I know) But many churches hire people solely to act as counselors for many reasons, religious or not. Just a thought.