Life is a prison

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Let's face it--life is prison. And you really, really can't escape. You can try, but you'll always be much worse off for it.

School, obviously, is a prison. College is extremely prisonlike unless it's Florida State or something.

Work...yeah that's a prison. Family...prison. I feel I don't really need to elaborate here. Perhaps I will if someone disagrees, but I don't see why anyone would.

The one distinction between life and prison is, as they say, "you get fucked in the ass in prison." To that I say--while commonplace, it is improbable. Happens to <10% of inmates. For the other 90%, what is the distinction? Their lives are the same as ours. Wake up, go to work, eat, maybe hit up the exercise yard, watch TV, and back to the cell. There's no fuckin' difference. While the reality of ass-fucking is real, when it comes down to it, it is HIGHLY probable that your cell mate is going to be less annoying and easier to get along with than your college roommate. And he will probably spend less time in his cell than your roommate does in his dorm.

I will even go one step further and say that prison life is BETTER than civilian life. They are under no stress whatsoever. It's like a badass inner city middle school with much harder punches and better food. Instead of inane busy work, they get to do real work, for money. It's a good living.

Our prison is a psychological one. We cannot escape it, even though there are no physical walls keeping us in. If you try to escape, no one will follow you but hippies. In your attempt at escape, you will never accomplish a thing and will always return to the prison by your own volition. It fuckin' sucks.

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Let's face it--life is prison. And you really, really can't escape. You can try, but you'll always be much worse off for it.

School, obviously, is a prison. College is extremely prisonlike unless it's Florida State or something.

Work...yeah that's a prison. Family...prison. I feel I don't really need to elaborate here. Perhaps I will if someone disagrees, but I don't see why anyone would.

The one distinction between life and prison is, as they say, "you get fucked in the ass in prison." To that I say--while commonplace, it is improbable. Happens to <10&#37; of inmates. For the other 90%, what is the distinction? Their lives are the same as ours. Wake up, go to work, eat, maybe hit up the exercise yard, watch TV, and back to the cell. There's no fuckin' difference. While the reality of ass-fucking is real, when it comes down to it, it is HIGHLY probable that your cell mate is going to be less annoying and easier to get along with than your college roommate. And he will probably spend less time in his cell than your roommate does in his dorm.

I will even go one step further and say that prison life is BETTER than civilian life. They are under no stress whatsoever. It's like a badass inner city middle school with much harder punches and better food. Instead of inane busy work, they get to do real work, for money. It's a good living.

Our prison is a psychological one. We cannot escape it, even though there are no physical walls keeping us in. If you try to escape, no one will follow you but hippies. In your attempt at escape, you will never accomplish a thing and will always return to the prison by your own volition. It fuckin' sucks.
................Walls do not a prison make,nor iron bars a cage.

cutedorkwho

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
................Walls do not a prison make,nor iron bars a cage.

So true.

I think the big difference between life in prison and life in society is that as a 'free' citizen "life is what you make of it", while an inmates life, at least for the term of his sentence, is already quite strictly defined.

To some people, arguably the self motivated type, this makes all the difference in the world. I have to ask however, have you had personal experiance in both?

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To some people, arguably the self motivated type, this makes all the difference in the world.

Only if they succeed can they escape their imprisonment. Until they do, they are slaves to their ambition. Unfortunately, success is improbable for most of them. If you've satisfied your own definition of success, relish it, for you are among the free! Your ranks include <7 year olds when their parents aren't home, rich people, fools, losers, zen buddhists, and people who don't worry about shit.

I have to ask however, have you had personal experiance in both?

I wish. Prison would be fuckin' awesome right now, I shit you not.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
While I agree that life is mostly prison, I do not agree that life itself is prison. I definitely agree that everyone who tries to escape it eventually returns to the prison "of their own volition."
Look at the 60's. That generation almost changed things. They almost took it all down. The prisons...financial psychological and spiritual. And then the LSD wore off, they realized that they were losing to the previous establishment and they decided to sell out. The realizations they had in exploring what is life resulted in a capacity for incredible greed. More general greed than any previous generation.
We create our own prison by looking for false happiness.
Having more dollars will not make you happy.
But in this country there is an inability to separate the two.
Separation of church and state...fuck that shit
How about separtion of the pursuit of happiness from property rights?
I know people who are free.
Or at least have been.
They are the people who reject this whole thing.
You can find them at Wildcat conventions or perhaps on stage playing music.
Freedom is a state of mind and if you tell yourself that you are only going to do what you relaly want, you are free.
It takes a tremendous amount of energy and creativity to be free in this society if you are not going to directly hurt people.
And living free will usually result in some prison times unless youa re a real mountain man and know how to make everything and either grow or catch your own food.
But yeah, freedom is a state of mind.
I think that if you realize you can do anything and you excersise that within your own personal boundaries of morality, then you are free

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Before you go to prison, you have to go to court...

thank you your majesty.

The realizations they had in exploring what is life resulted in a capacity for incredible greed. More general greed than any previous generation.

Yeah, what was the deal with them? Their selling-out correlates very strongly with the time where this country started going downhill hard. Are they that fuckin' bad?