Life Modelling?

fratdick

Experimental Member
Media
I talked about this with a few guys in the chat room the other night and got some good replies but I'm just wondering what other people think...sorry if it's been discussed before.

A friend of mine is an art major and she's in a figure drawing class. In order for them to have models for each class, every student in the class has to recruit one model during the semester. The girls recruit a guy and the dudes have to find a chick to model. Well, my friend asked me if I'd be her model. She was real anxious and stressed out about not being able to find some one and I felt bad so I said yes.

This was at the beginning of the semester and I totally forgot about it until a couple of days ago when she reminded me that I had to do it next week. I'm not real shy or embarassed being naked, generally, which is why I said yes, but the more I'm thinking about this the more nervous I'm getting. I'm definitely a shower: I'm fairly long soft and have big balls, so a big overall package (on a pretty short-statured guy). I've gotten my share of looks and comments throughout my life that I've always just shrugged off but I've never been held under such scrutiny in front of such a large number of people. I'm afraid that my size will cause a bit of a stir in the class. Or that all the attention on me might go to my head and I might start to get aroused. Or, maybe worse, comments or laughter might make me ashamed or embarassed and I might chicken out. Even if it's not something I do--like getting hard or chickening out--I don't want to be the catalyst for, say, some jealous punk making a rude comment that prompts the instructor to give a lecture on respecting the model's body or something. I just see it as a huge potential for embarassment in so many possible ways.

What do you all think? Have any of you guys life modelled before? What were your experiences? Should I express these concerns to the instructor? Or to my friend? That's what I've been thinking, but I'm not sure how I should address it--whether I should be tasteful and risk being misunderstood or just be blunt and to the point. Or should I just suck it up and do it? Should I cancel it? Am I making too big of a deal and just being egomaniacal? Help me out!

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not into any type of public nudity,
no matter the circumstances, so I'd
vote nay but I'm sure you'll get lots
of people posting after me saying
differently.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I have been a life model at different colleges.....get over it. The focus of their attention is not going to be on your package, there are so many other parts of you they will be looking at. They will be focusing on technique not subject. Good luck and happy posing.

tke912

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've done life modeling for the past three years at my school, it's really not that big of a deal. You're lucky that it's late in the semester, the students have gone through this before and by now it's old hat.

The professor the first time I did it gave me this whole speach about nerve, poppin wood, students whispering, she said it was all natural and not to worry about it.

Dude enjoy the fast cash.

p.s. It's a great line for hotties that might be in the class if you ever see them in a bar too.:biggrin1:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I use to do photography. The class models always seemed comfortable enough. The male models always great bodys regardless of cock size. The women...very militant and fat. The room was always very quiet actually and was not sexual at all. I doubt anyone will say anything to you. They will be working. You may find a gal come up to you after and want to chat...she is the one who signed up to look at cocks. She, you can fuck.

AOX3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Back in the Seventies, when I was in college, I had a girlfriend who was in art class and asked me to be 'her' model for the class. I too was rather apprehensive, but she assured me it was non-sexual and even if I popped wood, there was a towel there to cover til you recovered, (she told of a couple of guys who used it). I got paid $35 an hour and by the end of college had posed about 10 times. I guess I am generally a shower, but if it gets cold, perhaps not. LOL.

Anyway, throughout, I never got aroused, it was never cold, and I was never embarrassed. I got a few dates out of the later classes, and there does seem to be at least one size queen in every class.

The strangest thing about it is that over the past 30 years, since those days, I have bumped into at least 6 or 7 people, both male and female who attended the classes where I posed. Invariably, when it comes up, I feel sort of embarrassed, but it is always followed by compliments about how I looked back then, and how good I look now. (I work out--alot). The women ALWAYS, look at my crotch when they say that, and I love it.

I would say, go, be calm, keep your towel handy, and see if you can listen
to an IPod or something to let your focus wander, (it helps-believe me). The only thing you really have to fear is your perception of yourself.

Peace,

AOX3

NewAgeDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Don't cancel if you can avoid it. You will get a lot more negative energy by cancelling than by showing up with something unexpected.
Has your friend already seen you nude? That seems odd to me that they would have you drawn by your friends. I'd be more nervous infront of them, because I'll have to see them again. Maybe you can get the suprise out of the way before class. :wink:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
fratdick said:
I'm afraid that my size will cause a bit of a stir in the class. Or that all the attention on me might go to my head and I might start to get aroused. Or, maybe worse, comments or laughter might make me ashamed or embarassed and I might chicken out. Even if it's not something I do--like getting hard or chickening out--I don't want to be the catalyst for, say, some jealous punk making a rude comment that prompts the instructor to give a lecture on respecting the model's body or something. I just see it as a huge potential for embarassment in so many possible ways.

Am I making too big of a deal and just being egomaniacal? Help me out!

I like how confident you are in yourself dude:biggrin1: To be honest, I have always thought of the human body as art to an extent. Looking at the statue of David, there is a beauty and symmetry to it.
I think that it is important to get as many different aspects of the human body as a person can. Whether you have a big dick, or a big gut, or a big chin, by all means dude, whip it out, and wear it with pride. People are going to respect you for being confident enough to do this. There are very few who are willing to go naked.
Props to the naked:smile:

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
fratdick said:
I talked about this with a few guys in the chat room the other night and got some good replies but I'm just wondering what other people think...sorry if it's been discussed before.

A friend of mine is an art major and she's in a figure drawing class. In order for them to have models for each class, every student in the class has to recruit one model during the semester. The girls recruit a guy and the dudes have to find a chick to model. Well, my friend asked me if I'd be her model. She was real anxious and stressed out about not being able to find some one and I felt bad so I said yes.

This was at the beginning of the semester and I totally forgot about it until a couple of days ago when she reminded me that I had to do it next week. I'm not real shy or embarassed being naked, generally, which is why I said yes, but the more I'm thinking about this the more nervous I'm getting. I'm definitely a shower: I'm fairly long soft and have big balls, so a big overall package (on a pretty short-statured guy). I've gotten my share of looks and comments throughout my life that I've always just shrugged off but I've never been held under such scrutiny in front of such a large number of people. I'm afraid that my size will cause a bit of a stir in the class. Or that all the attention on me might go to my head and I might start to get aroused. Or, maybe worse, comments or laughter might make me ashamed or embarassed and I might chicken out. Even if it's not something I do--like getting hard or chickening out--I don't want to be the catalyst for, say, some jealous punk making a rude comment that prompts the instructor to give a lecture on respecting the model's body or something. I just see it as a huge potential for embarassment in so many possible ways.

What do you all think? Have any of you guys life modelled before? What were your experiences? Should I express these concerns to the instructor? Or to my friend? That's what I've been thinking, but I'm not sure how I should address it--whether I should be tasteful and risk being misunderstood or just be blunt and to the point. Or should I just suck it up and do it? Should I cancel it? Am I making too big of a deal and just being egomaniacal? Help me out!
good for you fratdick--do it. You won't get hard. It's not a sexual environment. I first did life modeling as an undergrad, now I'm a painter and a group of us share models to cut costs. We model for each other, or advertise, or get models from local strip clubs. You should try painting or drawing too if you're curious about what it's like on the other end. You get a little obsessed with whatever startss to emerge on the paper or canvast, compared to what you see and think and imagine. It makes you forget about yourself. It actually doesn't matter all that much what the models look like. Their imaginations and feelings are actually more important, whether they can be a little personal or dramatic in revealing themselves as they sit.

If the model is good, the artists focus on what they are thinking about more than what they look like. That may sound wierd, but in fact it is what you hope for when you draw--that you will be able to sense someone's thoughts or feelings because of the way they stand or look. The best models are the ones who can somehow forget they are naked--and do something human that makes you think about them as people.

It does take balls the first couple of times you are the only one naked in a crowd of silent people, but it is a great thing to do. If more people risked doing things like these, they might actually start watching less TV.

Go for it.

NewAgeDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Rikter8 said:
Or, Wear thick underwear... Do you really think theyre going to Demand that you drop your drawers?

C

Most likely this wont be an option in an actual art class.
We had a model that knew someone in the class this semester it took an hour and a half to covince her to model and she ended up being wrapped in a sheet. Kind of defeats the purpose, in a figure drawing class when half the figure is covered.
I say just act like you've done it before, and ask the teacher to tell you the exact poses or types of poses she/he wants, that'll take a lot of the guessing out of what you have to do.

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
2 things

1. go and do it and make sure you get a big huge hard on, to everyone what a real dick it

2 . and this isnt pointed at you fratdick but its just something i have seen in my time here, but why are all you guys afraid have beening made fun of FOR HAVING A HUGE COCK?
WHEN DID MEN IN THIS COUNTRY TURN INTO A BUNCH PUSSIES.

• Love
Reactions: P.J.9 and Txprvdude

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
horribleperson said:
2 things

1. go and do it and make sure you get a big huge hard on, to everyone what a real dick it

2 . and this isnt pointed at you fratdick but its just something i have seen in my time here, but why are all you guys afraid have beening made fun of FOR HAVING A HUGE COCK?
WHEN DID MEN IN THIS COUNTRY TURN INTO A BUNCH PUSSIES.

Tsk, tsk HP...your 'outies'
didnt exactly become 'innies'. :rolleyes:

Speedodad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I did modeling like this in college with my swim team. We were asked because we were in shape but mainly because we aren't bothered by being near nude all the time anyway.
Trust me, the art students are there to draw, sketch and or paint the subject that's put in front of them. Yes they will no doubt notice things like a great body or a large penis but you have nothing to fear. Remember, you won't be the only naked model, and the first time is the hardest. Once its over you will have a rush of confidence you didn't know you had before and the next time will be easy.
Go for it!

D

deleted8751791

I've been a life model for years. Initially, it was a personal dare - a monkey on my back. I still enjoy the freedom and being a part of the creative process. Each class is a new experience to find a pose which captures the figure using the light available. A challenge where you are the master of ceremonies even though you are the fleshy embodiment of a bowl of fruit.

That first few times are nerve wracking. Absolute nudity in front of people you've never met - trust me, it's better this way. However, once you've dropped the robe - there's 30 seconds where everyone sees you and then there's the next 3 hours, 29 minutes and 30 seconds where you need to stand, turn, twist, flex, sit, kneel and lie. Your cock is going to be none to interested as you focus on being still and planning the next pose.

The only time when one's mind wonders is a long pose - generally 20-40minutes. If Mr. Happy should stir, I recommend calculating Pi to as many digits in your head. That kills it for me, but there's always the alphabet in reverse.

It's good side work if you can get it. If you really must whip it out, try stripping at an amateur night - the audience is expecting it.

Reactions: 51arledge and P.J.9