Life sucks sometimes!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestGal, Nov 17, 2007.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    Just got a call my grandma is in the ER and they want to put her on a ventilator. My aunt refused the vent per grandma's wishes. She is basically in impending respiratory failure, due to phneumonia, COPD, and asthma (she never smoked a day in her life).

So, instead of probably losing just one grandparent by the end of the month. I will probably be losing both of them. I'm trying not to be selfish wanting them both here, they are unhappy and in pain. Their quality of life, basically isn't a quality of life either of them want.

After 64 years of marriage, 5 children, 6 grandchildren, and two great grandchildren. They have both lived their lives with dignity and respect. I am glad I had the chance to know them a lot better in the past two years. I heard many wonderful stories from both of them. I just wish for them to be at peace and not in pain.

I guess it comes down to, if it were me I would rather go about the same time as my significant other so you don't have to deal with the grief of losing your partner for such a long time. I just still hate the thought of losing them.

2. hairyman101

hairyman101 New Member

Albums:
    Life sucks most of the time!!! pick up the paper or watch CNN and very weird things are happening. murders everyday.....or sickness. in the human body anything can go wrong at anytime!!! thats not good odds. life as a whole, all people are having a hard time.....esp. the OLD people.
    no answers.....just alot of questions. life goes on!......be strong!

3. viking1

Gold Member

Life does indeed suck. Most of the time...

Sorry to hear about your loss, thatgal.

4. ruperty

ruperty Member

so sorry about the news. Unfortunately, it's something most of us have to put up with in our lives. Loved ones leave us and, providing we are lucky, it's the older generation making way for the young. This doesn't make it any easier to take, but it's the way things are meant to be. You have been lucky to have known them as long as you have, considering you are 32. I lost my grandparents by the age of 19, and one of my friends never even had the chance to meet any of them (not a sob story, just to put into perspective). I hope you have the strength to celebrate their lives and spend what time you can with them.

5. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Sorry to hear about that.

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'm sorry sweety. I hope that you realize that they have made a difference in your life, and you will never forget that.

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

From the posts you make TG it does seem your life sucks a lot, but I wonder if you focus on the negative instead of the positive, I didn't have any grandparents past the age of ten and I'd have counted myself lucky to have got into my thirties with any still living. It is tough but count your blessings.

8. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    thatgal, I'm sorry to hear about the depressing circumstances surrounding the wellbeing of your grandparents. Wishing you strength and all of the very best during such a difficult and painful time in your life.

9. transformer_99

Gold Member

Your last observation is key here, the two of them are leaving this world as a couple, will be with each other in the great beyond. I have parents approaching their mid 70's and 80's. I know they can't live forever. It would be tougher on each other than me if one were to die at this stage of their lives. And it will be tough on the family just the same.

10. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Yea sucks sometimes because the unfair stuff that happen and the suffering of many people.

11. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    Be sure they know how you feel about them....

Draft saved Draft deleted