Lifetime sex partner statistics

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I think you can be both a nice guy and a confident guy. Having one quality is unrelated to the other.

Even as I was posting, I knew you were going to say that! I did say normally:wink: - not your 1 in a million catch! You have mentioned he's cute too!

It was in the context that there are perfectly decent, kind, intelligent, solvent,gentleman out there, some of them probably boasting wonder physiques & packages, who don't meet the wow factor & are doomed to always be the last pick, i.e for those women who've given up on a man they consider has it all.

I'm not knocking women for it, but the thread shows gals are approached, & are normally the pickee. I was lucky & was always the pickee too. And boy should I have not made my choices by excitement( though rollercoasters are quite thrilling).

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Reading personal experiences here got me to googling average lifetime sex partner statistics. They vary quite widely, the most recent number being shockingly low:
Must admit that was precisely my reaction when I first read the statistics. The original kinsey statistics have been much criticised because the respondents were all self reporting and not a random sample, but they compare quite well with more recent studies conducted on a rigorous statistical basis. Most people have very few partners. A few have many and amongst the gay guys a much bigger percentage have lots of partners.

There was one sex survey 10 or 20 years ago now in the Uk which I read through with interest. I also noticed that the men were reporting more sexual encounters than the women. At the time I concluded that strictly in terms of the questions asked, one explanation was that the guys were having sex with each other. I think this website is probably very untypical of the wider population, but reading some of the posts here and the scores people give themselves about gayness, I could believe that a number of people taking part in such surveys sometimes lied about which sex their partners are yet may have given true numbers. There is a limit to the degree of honesty you may be willing to give when answering a survey when should the answers somehow get back to people you know, there could be nasty repurcussions.

I think one of the principles in such surveys is to ask questions in as least embarassing a way as possible. Thus it was felt less sensitive to ask how many partners (not specifying of what sex) than to ask whether someone was gay or not. And maybe not ask at all about being bi, or to what degree of which. The reasoning was that if the questions became too probing people would just lie anyway or refuse to take further part. Maybe those willing to admit to being gay are also more willing to report how accurately how many partners they've had. The social pressure isnt just to boast.

Someone posted a link suggesting men are more likely to exaggerate by guessing, whereas women are likely to enumerate specific partners. I couldn't possibly enumerate specific partners as there have been way too many. Enumeration only works if they are worth keeping a record of and there aren't many all together! Otherwise it must give a way underestimate because of the ones you have forgotten. I don't have sex with nearly as many guys these days, but if you just said one a month for your most active 20 years, that would be a rough 250. I did a lot more than that when young and hormy. On the other hand there were only about half a dozen long term serious and a few dozen seen more than once. Surely sex is for fun?

There is plenty of anti-gay material on the web and the above link I gave seemed to want to use the 46 average lifetime partners for gay men against gay marriage. Seems like an argument for it to me!
Well, in 70 years I fucked 1 guy once, one girl 3 times and my wife about 10,000 times!

Franky

I think theres a lot of truth in that. Even those who arent so faithful in their relationship are still going to be having most of their sex with just one other person. Gay guys historicaly have lots of reasons for not being in a 1:1 relationship with another guy, and then there is the natural inclination of guys to be more interested in a bit of adventure. Or so I'm told. So a gay couple may be more likely to go hunting as a couple or by mutual consent.

But then a 1997 study of older gay males found the most frequent report was between 100 and 500 lifetime partners. Of course, the older the respondent the more years to rack up numbers. My own numbers are something like 100 lifetime fucking partners at least 200 more casual oral/jackoff etc., and anecdotally this does seem to be typical of men I know. From your experience and that of your acquaintances, which of these statistics seem more and less plausible?
From my own experience I would say the numbers may have a lot to do with opportunity rather than desire, which may very well explain low scores for those in long term relationships, but also things like demanding jobs. Not being married and having a family to support may also lead to more spare time for hobbies like sex. Put it this way, I've lost count.

Haha.It's different being gay tho. It's men & men, no need for a dinner date, or even a conversation! As women always say, blokes are a lot simpler.

I saw Rufus Wainwright on TV say that he never masturbates - he just takes a walk to his local park:wink:

Yes, exactly. Once upon a time i used to walk through the park twice a day on the way to work... ( though popping out to the park seems a bit extreme just to deal with waking up horny)

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Absolutely! I don't know if it's just a few of the men who ask the majority of the women out on dates, but when I'm single, it's raining men. There's always more men asking for dates than time to date them.

It's not arrogance, it's just what it's like to be a woman.

a woman? or an attractive woman lol
I mean seirously call an ugly girl and compare notes sometime

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Even as I was posting, I knew you were going to say that! I did say normally:wink: - not your 1 in a million catch! You have mentioned he's cute too!

You know me well! And yes, I think he's cute, too.

It was in the context that there are perfectly decent, kind, intelligent, solvent,gentleman out there, some of them probably boasting wonder physiques & packages, who don't meet the wow factor & are doomed to always be the last pick, i.e for those women who've given up on a man they consider has it all.

I'm not knocking women for it, but the thread shows gals are approached, & are normally the pickee. I was lucky & was always the pickee too. And boy should I have not made my choices by excitement( though rollercoasters are quite thrilling).

You're right about that! That just means those nice shy guys should feel more confident about themselves and realize that they're a great catch and ask more women out!

a woman? or an attractive woman lol
I mean seirously call an ugly girl and compare notes sometime

Hey, be nice! That's not necessary!

hunkydory

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When you had said a lot of people in the 100 to 300 range - I believe you.
Perhaps you know 1 exceeding the 1000 range.
Example :
Let us say that you have each week a new sexual encounter; week after week.
For 1000 it will take you almost 20 years.
For 3000 60 years.

When something is far from average we seems to have the need to exagerate in everything.

1 new sex partner a week?! :bukkake:When I was younger I was doing 1 to 2 a day. Once I went to a sex party and did 11 - that was the most I ever did in a night. You are thinking like a straight guy who needs to to take the girl out for drink before sex, or go out to a bar to pick one up, hopefully. With guys there are much fewer obstacles. Just walking home from work you smile, turn your head once and invite them up. 1000 - 3000 partners in New York is not extraordinary and not an exaggeration - you need to get out more.