lifting.

aci31

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
to those guys out there that lift regularly....

i have been doing really well with lifting this year until i got sick a causing my doctor to tell me to stay out of the gym for a few months.

i am happy to say that i am aloud to to return to the gym, but i would like to start a new plan. I am naturally a thinner guy and am looking to pack on atleast 10 more pounds. i would like if someone could give me suggested workout plans that i could use to beef up a little, possibly that they use.

i have about 4 days a week that i can lift in between work and school.

let me know, thanks!

Hugh Mann

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

i have been doing really well with lifting this year until i got sick a causing my doctor to tell me to stay out of the gym for a few months.

i am happy to say that i am aloud to to return to the gym, but i would like to start a new plan. I am naturally a thinner guy and am looking to pack on atleast 10 more pounds. i would like if someone could give me suggested workout plans that i could use to beef up a little, possibly that they use.

let me know, thanks!

Stick to compound exercises, those that involve multiple joints working together. The two best lifts to build mass are the deadlift and squat. Other good compound lifts include rows, bench press, and pullups.

If you're looking to gain mass, you MUST eat and rest properly. All the lifting in the world won't do any good if you don't have adequate protein and sleep to let your muscles recover. ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Net has lots of good info to get started. Good luck!

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

let me know, thanks!

Check out bodybuilder.com lots of info there!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The above advice is correct. As a starter seeking to gain you want to do major muscle group types of exercises with lower reps and higher weights (which is contrary to the multiple set, high rep, isolation type routines established bb's do). As stated, these include squats for legs and back, pullups (or lat rowing) for lats and back, bench press or pushups (for arms and chest).

Though I personally don't think it'd hurt to toss in a set of curls and several sets of standard situps (to get and keep that tummy firm. Starting with situps could be a good warm up for the rest).

Don't do that everyday or split routine stuff the pros do. Three times a week max (alternating days) with rest on weekends. Of equal importance is proper sleep and nutrition because if you're trying to bulk up you have to take in more protein and carbs than your workouts burn up.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The program should you be following depends on the body type you have; I, for example, am a combination ectomorph/mesomorph, so the program I should be following will emphasize intensity, and heavy weights ... It requires that I work each body part three days a week, ... good thing about my build is that it is very easy to get defiled abs and muscle mass ... good starting points would be Schwarzenegger's book, the online IronMan Magazine programs, the articles on Bodybuilding.com, and especially, T-Nation.com ... as for the latter, here are a couple of links to articles with concepts I'm considering incorporating that specify a four day schedule:

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Blending Size and Strength, Version 2.0

TESTOSTERONE NATION - The EDT Arm Specialization Mesocycle