Like A Bump On A Blog...

TragicWhiteKnight

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This might normally go in the general section but with LPSG having its own blog service, what would your ideal LPSG blog consist of? [as in the content of the entries, rather than 5,000 pics]

What makes a good blog? And what makes a bad one? How do you get readers? And other questions and comments you can think to make this topic get more than 1 reply.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There seem to be two kinds....the blog that is more of an online journal of thoughts...and clever little observations...
and the blogs that are just sex.....sexual exploits, sexual stories and thoughts.
I chose not to have a sex blog, but
"sex sells"
I"m sure the sexual ones are the most popular.

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
The rush is always the attention getter, so I agree, sex sells. But, quite frankly, (yawn widely) I weary of lurkers, supremicists, tolls and preditors. There are several personalities here I have come to admire quite a bit. They are real, funny, have very strong opinions, and after sex is done, they are still hanging around chatting with everyone, as usual. (While the lurkers are looking for their next victim.)

I look less at blogs and read more forum stuff. I do like the pics. They are certainly a rush, but that only lasts for a bit.

Thanks, everyone, for your great pics and courage to post them. I'm trying to think of clever ways that I might eventually post a few myself. I'm just a little slower and more careful (paranoid??) I guess.

Buff

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by txquis@Feb 11 2005, 03:46 PM
There seem to be two kinds....the blog that is more of an online journal of thoughts...and clever little observations...
and the blogs that are just sex.....sexual exploits, sexual stories and thoughts.
I chose not to have a sex blog, but
"sex sells"
I"m sure the sexual ones are the most popular.
[post=282005]Quoted post[/post]​

In the case of your particular blog I am always interested (it's the only one I have always read---before you get scared and think I'm stalking you, let me make clear I have not read all your forum posts, only your bloggerings). True we may have different viewpoints on anything from politics to the weather; however, I find you present your thoughts clearly and in a sometimes humorous way. At other times clearly you are annoyed with certain aspects of life or are feeling a bit down, here too though you convey your thoughts and feelings beautifully. I can't see how it could made better by throwing in some gratuitous sex or sexual hints and the such.

As for the idea that sex sells, clearly that is the case but it isn't going to make me feel as complete and total as a person as something which contains words which motivate my brain and soul. Keep up the good work.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think a good blog consists of sound, expressive writing, some fun and nicely placed pictures or artwork, and a style that conveys the sense of a real life person behind the words. I know I've come across a good blog when I feel tempted to IM or e-mail the person behind it, just to get a sense of knowing the real deal.

I've seen bad blogs, too, and I think the couple of immediate things that turn me off are inane event reporting (a "How was my day?" blog) or a blog that even isn't so much about the person who's writing it, but rather a quest for Internet popularity. Bad blogs also come across in the design. I guess I'm fairly conservative design. Give me something simple with a decent color scheme, and give me something purposeful -- not exactly every single feature for interaction, but a wisely chosen template -- and I'm fine.

And yeah, blogs that are just all about pics aren't... ok, one disclaimer.... if you use it to show off your photography skills, cool, but if it's just a bunch of dick or face pics, meh.

Like I said, if it makes me wanna find out who you really are in real life, then that's great. Unless you're Hot Abercrombie Chick. Do a Google search and you'll find some Internet press suggesting that this is one hell of a hoax. I reported about HAC sometime last month.