• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

"Like" Comments...

Smaccoms

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could "like" comments like you can on facebook. A lot of my comments are ones where I jsut want to say that I LIKE what he's saying; a "like" button would do that for me...maybe we could have a "dislike" button too...:biggrin1:

whacha think ya'll?

Pendlum

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
Where is the dislike button?

alx

Sexy Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea.

Smaccoms

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^Thanks!

Where is the dislike button?

a button where if you DISlike the comment, you press it. It doesn't exist, but there IS at least one group on facebook asking for one...a dislike button I'm sure would be more of a debate, but I'm fairly certain about a like button

Pendlum

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
What I really meant was I don't like the idea of a like button.

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of forums have "like" buttons or "rep" buttons. I think that would work well on here.

SprinkleMe69

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
Leave the fb crap on fb. This is lpsg not Zuckerbergville. That's my dos centavos.

Calboner

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
a button where if you DISlike the comment, you press it. It doesn't exist, but there IS at least one group on facebook asking for one...a dislike button I'm sure would be more of a debate, but I'm fairly certain about a like button
YouTube has both, in the form of "thumb-up" and "thumb-down" buttons.
Yeah, a lot of forums have "like" buttons or "rep" buttons. I think that would work well on here.
What is "rep" supposed to mean?

Pendlum

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
I see. Why not?

Because it would be the end of this forum, and perhaps the entire internet with the blackhole it would create. I mean just ONE of the "comment on the cock above you" threads out of the like 6 that are out there has Almost 15k replies. How many posts would be liked just because they like the person's cock, or they think they are hot, or they are trying to hit on them, or they are just a stalker? Ultimately, this site is vain enough already.

Rep is reputation. Rep buttons aren't tied to posts like 'like' buttons are, they are for the user. You don't rep a post, you rep a user.

MickeyLee

Staff member
Gold Member
Reaction score
i think LPSG had a like/don'tlike/rep point system here for a while. was before my time, but i've seen threads floating around with heaps of back and forth about how it rocked/sucked.

hmm how about a "fuckin'A!" and a "fuck that noise" system?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Let's see... LPSG has a comment section for galleries, and mutual admiration threads aplenty. I would hope that would be enough to satisfy the attention-seekers, without having to turn every post into a popularity contest.

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Reaction score
What is "rep" supposed to mean?

I also do not know what "rep" means...

'Rep' is short for reputation.

Its similar to the "Like" button. If you like or agree with something someone said, you hit the 'rep' button.

The difference between "Like" and "Rep" is that while the "Like" is specific to a particular comment, the "Rep" adds points to the user's cumulative Reputation score.

A person with a high reputation score is a member that has been judged by the community as someone who offers insightful contributions and brings value to the forum and it's dialogue.

Depending on how the system is set up, a person's ability to increase another member's reputation can be based on several factors including the user's own reputation score, post count and join date. Calboner, for example, being a more senior member, could increase someone's reputation more than I could. It's a system to give a bit more weight to the opinions/judgement of more senior and highly respected members.

Here's an example of the 'rep' system in use:

Streetcar systems in planning (sales, 2011, neighborhood, construction) - Urban, city, town planning, land use, zoning, transportation and transit, environmental issues, urban design, community development, subdivisions, revitalization - City-Data Fo

On the top right side of each post, you'll see a summary of the user info along with a reputation score.

Smaccoms

Gold Member
Reaction score

Its similar to the "Like" button. If you like or agree with something someone said, you hit the 'rep' button.

The difference between "Like" and "Rep" is that while the "Like" is specific to a particular comment, the "Rep" adds points to the user's cumulative Reputation score.

A person with a high reputation score is a member that has been judged by the community as someone who offers insightful contributions and brings value to the forum and it's dialogue.

Depending on how the system is set up, a person's ability to increase another member's reputation can be based on several factors including the user's own reputation score, post count and join date. Calboner, for example, being a more senior member, could increase someone's reputation more than I could. It's a system to give a bit more weight to the opinions/judgement of more senior and highly respected members.

Here's an example of the 'rep' system in use:

Streetcar systems in planning (sales, 2011, neighborhood, construction) - Urban, city, town planning, land use, zoning, transportation and transit, environmental issues, urban design, community development, subdivisions, revitalization - City-Data Fo

On the top right side of each post, you'll see a summary of the user info along with a reputation score.

This sounds really cool actually. I think it'd be cool to have it here at LPSG...

luka82

Sexy Member
Reaction score
How sexist!!!! I am shocked!!! Can't we have a clit meter too?

:lmao:
YOU ARE ON A BIG DICK SITE!!! By now, you should have realised that you are here to please MEN and MEN only! :biggrin1:
Have you heard that one before??? :smile:

LaFemme

Staff member
Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
YOU ARE ON A BIG DICK SITE!!! By now, you should have realised that you are here to please MEN and MEN only! :biggrin1:
Have you heard that one before??? :smile:

Whoa, musta hit my head....so sorry....big dicks...must serve big dicks....must serve big dicks.....:hypnotized:

Bbucko

Expert Member
Reaction score
Website
thespincycle.blogspot.com
Let's see... LPSG has a comment section for galleries, and mutual admiration threads aplenty. I would hope that would be enough to satisfy the attention-seekers, without having to turn every post into a popularity contest.

This is precisely what ran through my head while reading the OP: I'd vote no (or thumbs down or whatever :rolleyes:)

luka82

Sexy Member
Reaction score
Whoa, musta hit my head....so sorry....big dicks...must serve big dicks....must serve big dicks.....:hypnotized:
Hahaha, I adore you!
The trick is how to make BIG DICKS SERVE YOU! :cool: :wink:
I still don`t know the trick, though! :frown1:

Calboner

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score

The idea of such an arrangement makes me very uneasy. I fear that it would institutionalize cliquish behavior on the site.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Reaction score
A 'like button' would be fun. :) A lot of forums have them, it seems to be working fine.

As it is now, sometimes you just quotue someone and write "This!", I see a lot of members doing it, a Like button would make it easier.