Lil Nas X

Bob mcdonald

Expert Member
Media
Los Angeles, CA, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as a teenager, he wrote the most successful song in united stated billboard chart history. it wasn't dumb luck, he selected the production and wrote it in a way that he knew would be catchy. just because i don't enjoy a song doesn't mean the writer of it isn't talented lol.

but anyway this is lpsg so let's focus on his huge dick instead ;)
Let's not get carried away he just wrote the song for fun and it was luck because there was little to no competition when it was at its very peak plus the remixes helped a lot

Reactions: John Tiv Lennon

smithj998

Sexy Member
Media
there was little to no competition

billie says hi. lizzo says hi. multiple taylor swift songs say hi. shawn/camilla say hi. he was literally blocking all of them for the longest. don't have to like him, but to deny the success (and legitimacy of that success) of that song is just foolish lol.

Cdkcdk92

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
billie says hi. lizzo says hi. multiple taylor swift songs say hi. shawn/camilla say hi. he was literally blocking all of them for the longest. don't have to like him, but to deny the success (and legitimacy of that success) of that song is just foolish lol.

100%

So many salty comments in this thread

Jablackanese

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Let's not get carried away he just wrote the song for fun and it was luck because there was little to no competition when it was at its very peak plus the remixes helped a lot

he wrote that song and did it in a way that he knew would be catchy. then he launched a grassroots viral campaign to help it grow once he saw ppl were connecting with it.
< @ 2:47

Reactions: Tomas26

boomboom25

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am all for him and his success but most people weren't really checking for him at first. Old Town Road really kicked off after the whole country chart fiasco happened. They way they blocked him out of the country chart because the song "wasn't country enough" brought a lot of people in to support him in his efforts. I personally like him for his other songs on the ep he released. They aren't anything new or groundbreaking but it's still nice hearing different genres be mixed so well with hip-hop. After a while the same old stuff can be repetitive so he brought fresh air in the era of mumble rappers. Plus he cute. His lips are gorgeous.

memphisboyforever

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
What do y'all think about the discussion him "using the LGBTQ community for clout"?... because I'm starting to believe it's true.
I don’t think that’s true at all. He had a popular Twitter account that was a stan account for Nicki Minaj. People were posting all of his old tweets where he clearly was talking about being gay and doing things with guys. I think he came out because he really had no choice.

Rayquazar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What do y'all think about the discussion him "using the LGBTQ community for clout"?... because I'm starting to believe it's true.
Coming out for clout? That seems pretty ridiculous seeing as the vast majority of people who were into Old Town Road at the beginning were straight, much less coming out in a very historically homophobic genre like rap. It's pretty laughable

Metreyu

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Countless straight white guys ACTUALLY use the gay community “for clout” and get lauded and lusted after for it. Every time an attractive white guy comes out it’s celebrated by gay media with little to no critical discussion of their motives. But a young black kid coming out weeks into his meteoric rise to stardom is somehow inauthentic? Gosh, I wonder what sets him apart from the others...

Thesheepmeep

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Countless straight white guys ACTUALLY use the gay community “for clout” and get lauded and lusted after for it. Every time an attractive white guy comes out it’s celebrated by gay media with little to no critical discussion of their motives. But a young black kid coming out weeks into his meteoric rise to stardom is somehow inauthentic? Gosh, I wonder what sets him apart from the others...
this brings memories of me saying jeff from the vlog squad flirting with james charles was gay baiting their viewers only to get bashed by gays in the vlog squad thread and a month later the drama happened....

DeFontz

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
What's so hard to get about it...he drops old town road...it starts to die down in pride month...he comes out to keep the hype about him...he comes out with more music while he's being talked about...Now this doesn't explain his account Twitter but I just wanted to explain why people thought so, also there was never a need to bring a race into this as every artists that comes out in the music industry gets backlash and questions.

shyguyy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't know what to think at this point it could obviously be true.
He actually used one of his songs that was in the EP to confirm it.

It's also pretty tiring for people to want others to come out before they are personally ready to. How about everyone just mind their own business.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He’s cute af, has mad skills for recording unique/dope music, and on yesterday’s “Ellen” he could not have come off better as a positive role model for gays young and old. Nas is a welcome breath of fresh air in hip hop, country music, pop culture and life

Bob mcdonald

Expert Member
Media
Los Angeles, CA, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
billie is still new, lizzie wasn’t touching top 10 at its peak, and both of taylor’s songs ranked after 2nd week and it was released at its peak. lol i like his songs but let’s not act like he elaborated this whole thing for his favor.... luck def played a big part