Lindsay Lohan: Off to the pokey, missy.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
She's a prime example of what often happens when parents shove their babies into show biz.

So is the oh so sexy Macally Culkin.

And Mr. Jackson of course.

And they both had it worse than her from what I know.

Let her rot to repent for "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls" and "Herbie Fully Loaded"

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
After all the shit she did 90 days is a pretty tame sentence... To me that proves that she is above the law. And it seemed the judge was fighting to give her the smallest sentence possible.

Maybe the judges daughter likes Lindsay Lohan?

A normal person like you or me would not have been able to thumb our noses at the Probation Dept without being thrown in jail

dannyrankin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Did L.A. County sentence her? If so, she'll be out in 24 days. She'll do eight days for every 30. The L.A. County jail is bigger and more flooded than all the European correctional facilities combined... Yeah, maybe not really, but California is fucked up and the prison population is huge.

And, yes, I'm sure she'll be in protective custody with all the other celebrities, child molesters, and gang drop-outs.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
She is not the only celebrity that had a hard life. Don't forget the late Corey Haim. He even did admit that his own father did take him to Hollywood and left him there with his mother, prior to the divorce that happened between them. As a matter of fact, his father preferred the Canadian lifestyle and not to the Hollywood lifestyle. Which makes me wonder why Mrs. Haim was the only one defending herself against the brutalities of Hollywood. Not sure which parents are fault here, but I am pretty sure that both were at fault. Haim's mother treated her son more like a friend than a son. Remember that reality show, "The Two Coreys", when Haim's mother explained that when Corey was stoned, it was pretty much an everyday thing to her surroundings. Sometimes you went to smack some of these parents upside the head to get their priorities straight. But then again, once you are an adult, you have to make choices in life.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
This is what she tweeted last night. They just read it on GMA, I spit out my coffee...
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment," she wrote, quoting the U.N. declaration.
Maybe they should post that at the box office showing her movies...

Read more: Lindsay Lohan takes to Twitter to vent about 'cruel and inhuman' punishment, insists manicure a joke

I watched (yes -- I realize this is damning to admit) most of the court hearing because it was broadcast on CNN's HLN yesterday. It wasn't that newsworthy, but it was an entertaining break in the day. Throughout the hearing, her attorney advanced poorly thought-out arguments and then -- after being caught by the Judge on one -- attempted to have the entire portion of testimony struck from the record and disregarded.

You couldn't hear the evidence and not come to the conclusion that Lindsay really did believe she was above the law. She was scribbling on a yellow legal pad throughout the trial and unfortunately, I missed the Judge's ruling. I'm sure it was full of teary-eyed remorse from Lindsay.

She should take a page from Robert Downey, Jr. and just do her time. To hear him talk about it, jail was essentially what saved his career and his life.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I watched (yes -- I realize this is damning to admit) most of the court hearing because it was broadcast on CNN's HLN yesterday. It wasn't that newsworthy, but it was an entertaining break in the day. Throughout the hearing, her attorney advanced poorly thought-out arguments and then -- after being caught by the Judge on one -- attempted to have the entire portion of testimony struck from the record and disregarded.

You couldn't hear the evidence and not come to the conclusion that Lindsay really did believe she was above the law. She was scribbling on a yellow legal pad throughout the trial and unfortunately, I missed the Judge's ruling. I'm sure it was full of teary-eyed remorse from Lindsay.

She should take a page from Robert Downey, Jr. and just do her time. To hear him talk about it, jail was essentially what saved his career and his life.
Good point. Along those same lines...I remember the hue and cry around David Crosby's jail time, Graham Nash bleating that prison would "kill David". To hear David tell it now, it was key to his getting clean and sober and if he hadn't gotten sent up he probably would be dead. Maybe Lindsay will receive a similar benefit. What would be the down side?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She has been uninsurable (and therefore unemployable) for over a year, probably much longer. Without a producer's being able to purchase insurance on whether or not an actor can complete a film without incident, actors cease to have careers. The reasons for being uninsurable are entirely of her own making.

I don't think that comparisons to Robert Downey Jr are valid, despite the fact that I find LiLo curiously intriguing and appealing. Downey won an Oscar for Chaplin years before he finally kicked drugs. LiLo is merely a media curiosity who made some charming film appearances as a child/adolescent.

Though only 24, she looks ten years older than that on a good day (which she hasn't had in quite a while): in her case, the partying has caught up right quick. Though not defending her open breeches of the law, I will say that she's a sick young woman who needs to be put into a six-month, in-patient rehab. Hers is yet another case of the futility of criminalizing drug use.

My prediction: in five years she'll either be a question on Trivial Pursuit or dead (or both).

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm really tired of hearing of hard times growing up to excuse someones acts as an adult. As an adult it is your responsibility to act like an adult. There is plenty of support for people with mental issues and this certainly isn't Lohans problem. She likes being bad and thinks she can get away with it. The Fuck U nail job proves that, she was probably waiting for someone to complain about it so she could raise the freedom of speech card and get groups like the ACLU on her side. I wish someone would tell the media we just don't care anymore and hope if she harms herself she don't take anyone else with her.

D

deleted136887

Poor child. She's probably never had anybody actually do what they said they were going to do. Too bad it has to be a judge.

She'll get out after spending one night in jail, then like Paris Hilton, she'll make a speech about being a changed woman and using her experiences as a force for good in the world. On the way to the liquor store and her coke dealer's house.

Stupid bint.
Then she gets bust for smoking dope in Port Elizabeth(SA-World cup) and gets off with a $30 fine. Of course it was her "friend" who got deported.
She IS above the law. Stupid bint.... More like moronic 1/2 wit.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay