Linguistic Ability

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by yhtang, Apr 14, 2006.

1. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    Being a relatively new comer to this group, I often check on the profile of those who post messages.

I note that a fair number of those I have checked seem to be multilingual. Thence my question - Is there a correlation between penile size and linguistic ability?

No, I shall not crack any jokes about cunning linguists but I am tempted to coin "felatilist" - if it had not been coined yet. As is with postage stamps, there would be quite a bit of licking involved.....

2. GoneA

Gold Member

nope

3. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Some people here seem to be struggling with just one language, tbh. :rolleyes:

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yah, the longer ur dick, the mor langages u kin talk. I gess. I dont now how 2 tel if wommen talk better, may b biger tites.

Just kidding... I doubt the correlation between cock size and linguistic ability; more likely it is the kinds of people who find this site and tend to stay. I have read enough posts by new members telling of their decisions to join the site, to realize that a lot of them are similar to mine: initially attracted to the site by the cocks, moved to stay and join by the brains.

Of course there are a few exceptions, but the majority of the active posters on this site tend toward a "higher-than-average" intellect, and for me, that's the REAL attraction of LPSG. And in a fairly large sample size, above average intelligence will equal above average language skills.

5. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Yeah. What HE said.

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

yeah dig it, I 2nd that!

7. chico8

chico8 New Member

Isn't that typical of most forums though? The few I participate in, the regular posters are generally more intelligent than average no matter their political leanings. Also, someone with poor language skills is going to get a lot of grief from their poor spelling, grammar, thoughts, etc. I wonder if that is in effect creating a more polarized society? I know some people whose primary source of news is still the TV and am astounded by their lack of comprehensive knowledge of a lot of issues.

8. Matthew

Gold Member

A multilingual guy can my my dick get bigger.

9. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    my penis only speaks one language

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Mine is mute. He just gets over-excited and throws up.

11. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    The French accent gets me really excited. Then the French kiss, and then......:smile:

12. Matthew

Gold Member

So I take it you prefer French to Greek? :wink:

13. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    A person with a weaker grasp of Englsih grammer and spelling may get teased, but I learned a long time ago that poor command of English is no reflection of a person's intelligence.

If I were to have to express myself in, say, German, I would sound like a blabbering idiot.

14. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

No need to hold back, blabbering idiots aren't totally without appeal. :rolleyes:

15. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    Would it be too rude to say I prefer an orgasm? :biggrin1:

Come to think of it, the "ooh's" and "ahhh's" of orgasmic moans probably sound the same in all languages......

16. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

I'm sure someone somewhere must have done some research into this, but I actually suspect that this isn't true, and that the phonemic distribution in one's first language plays a role in shaping the moans and groans elicited. For example, some British speakers of English who drop their "t" in speech may be more likely to have a glottal stop in their orgasm sounds, since this is a "relaxed" phoneme in their speech. Arabic or Hebrew speakers may similarly be more likely to emit forth a pharyngeal sound amid their moans, and German speakers a velar or palative fricative. In short: whatever consitutes a sound that a speaker can make effortlessly within the phonemic range of their first language may thus come into play in their vocal orgasm repertoire. Well, it's a thought anyway. :rolleyes:

...and yes, I know your comment was a joke - I'm just exceptionally anal sometimes. :smile:

EDIT: the typos were eating me alive...

17. Matthew

Gold Member

Now you're speaking my language.

18. Sam Beckett

Sam Beckett New Member

I can only barely speak French (to French people it probably sounds like broken English does coming at me from a French h or f).

Another thing, I wonder where French_h got to...

My English is okay...

19. Mirai

Mirai New Member

We have larger penises so we have less inclination to prove how big we are (because they'll find out eventually), so we can spend more time on learning and making ourselves better.

20. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    As a job to help put myself through college, I taught English to immigrants. Asian students had a vexed relationship with the glottal stop.

As you may know, most Asian languages consist entirely of syllables that begin with a consonant and end with a vowel. A syllable which ends in a hard consonant, like the English word "stop", poses a problem. If you're a Japanese, who tries to be precise about everything, you'll pronounce it "su-to-pu"; if you're an impatient Cantonese, you'll just say "stoh".

They found it tough to wrap their tongues around these sounds, and even harder to hear them. Consonants at the end of syllables were simply invisible to the ear. Once they did begin to hear sounds end abruptly--that is, heard a stop of some kind, glottal or otherwise--they needed to learn the difference amongst them. An even greater challenge. I can't tell you how often I was wished a Melly Clitmat.

An important (and often hilarious) lesson in the course I taught was the glottal stop session. We'd spend a whole class period on a single exercise: singing a note on different vowels and stopping the sound abruptly. That is, closing the epiglottis.

One of the reasons this lesson was so funny was that the sounds were not completely unfamiliar, even if the students didn't use them in speech. The glottal stop seems to be a universal sex noise.

Think about it. If you moan (a protracted vowel sound) you sometimes stop the flow of air abruptly as tension and pleasure builds, and then release it with another moan, ususally at a lower pitch. Especially for women--it's a classic sign that she's reaching a climax, no?

Sure enough, I move to Japan and take a Japanese lover, and guess what? He's a glottal stopper (when his mouth's not full, of course).

I find "some British speakers of English who drop their "t" in speech"--that is, Cockneys--incredibly sexy. They sound really primal, animal, physical.

Just my two lexemes.

hb8

Draft saved Draft deleted