Link to a petition to add an "Ask the Women" sub-forum

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Please follow this link

http://www.lpsg.org/189200-petition-to-add-a-sub.html

and post there if you support the idea of having a sub-forum here in Women's Issues for peeps to ask the Women questions.
From the linked post:

"A great deal of the content on the Women's Issues forum is not really issues for women but people wanting to ask the women for opinions. Things have gotten a little contentious recently (and it isn't the first time) and I believe that has a lot to do with a lack of demarcation."

What makes you think that would even work? If people are going to toss in threads which don't belong, then they will continue to so do. Additionally, all the subforuming becomes tedious and annoying, and 9 out of 10 times is about as useless as those GD stiickys. There's a sticky for condom information; yet, people start new threads constantly on condoms (size, materials, etc.) and in more than one section- they appear in "Sex With..." and "The Healthy..." and occasionally even pop up elsewhere. Most posters as far as I can tell, don't even notice the Stickys- check the view numbers.

Further, the "Ask The Women" title is ultimately discriminatory. If you get that, then the men need an Ask The Man forum and of course we then need to split that into: Homosexual/Heterosexual/Bisexual/Humpsexual/Asexual/Nosexual/OtherSexual/Anysexual(includes sex with furniture, plastic bags, socks, windtunnels, bottles and other objects)

Then you say this:

"EDIT: Forgot to add a request to the mods that if this sub-forum is created that they keep the WI forum rules of the questions not being 'rate my cock' and 'am I big enough' etc.."

Rate-a-rod should not be hanging out in Women's Issues anyway. As to 'Am I big enough', that's a rougher call- there are undoubtedly some men (not all of them, some are merely troublemakers), who want to know. They have little or no sexual experience to draw upon and are curious if a woman can be sexually frustrated by them. Er, I mean satisfied. And it is ultiimately a Women's Issue, as only a woman can explain the pros/cons of the average or smaller than average penis, just as they are the only ones who can tell the troubles they have with the larger ones when it comes to vaginal sex and their feelings both good and bad.

So, you can get a subforum, it won't work any better than the current Women's Issues Forum- unless you propose to have a 24 hour per day, every day of the year, moderator there, or maybe a private entry only, or some other absurdity. Cluttering up with subforums in a section already to be states as WOMEN'S ISSUES only creates chaos. It's not the subforum you need, as much as a system where inappropriate threads can be moved elsewhere.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
To answer "Further, the "Ask The Women" title is ultimately discriminatory":
Discriminatory? Is it? Why? The way I see it (and many of the other female posters agree) the Women's Issue forum is being used this way already. Why not actually have a section where posts like that can be tidied so the women who want to avoid it can? Men will continue to answer in the threads and I think they should be welcome to do so - I'm not interested in having the forum closed off to any member. I'm interested in demarcation to make the reading and posting experience less aggravating for everyone involved.

To answer "Rate-a-rod should not be hanging out in Women's Issues anyway" - we currently have forum rules that say that and the kind mods very often move those threads when they do appear. The 'Am I big enough?' threads now get merged into the Size Preference sticky at the top of the forum. This is a recent addition and seems to be working out quite well. I can't answer for the mods as to whether it has given them too much of a workload - it doesn't look that way to me but I might be wrong.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To answer "Further, the "Ask The Women" title is ultimately discriminatory":
Discriminatory? Is it? Why? The way I see it (and many of the other female posters agree) the Women's Issue forum is being used this way already. Why not actually have a section where posts like that can be tidied so the women who want to avoid it can? Men will continue to answer in the threads and I think they should be welcome to do so - I'm not interested in having the forum closed off to any member. I'm interested in demarcation to make the reading and posting experience less aggravating for everyone involved.

To answer "Rate-a-rod should not be hanging out in Women's Issues anyway" - we currently have forum rules that say that and the kind mods very often move those threads when they do appear. The 'Am I big enough?' threads now get merged into the Size Preference sticky at the top of the forum. This is a recent addition and seems to be working out quite well. I can't answer for the mods as to whether it has given them too much of a workload - it doesn't look that way to me but I might be wrong.

Yes, it is discrimination. I have made clear before that I am against genderizing, labeling people as male or female in and of itself is a form of discrimination as it immediately excludes a group of people, actually a few groups as intersexed persons are completely excluded from both categories.
http://www.lpsg.org/76127-male-female-labeling=discrimination.html

Look, I'm not trying to be difficult, I do get what your goal is, I believe it is wrong. Plus, if we have an Ask A Woman section, then there should be in fairness, Ask A Man and Ask An Intersexed and Ask A Transgendered sections...perhaps subdivide the transgendered into male and female as well. See? It becomes an unending ball of confusion. You have a Women's section and it has infusions of questions which are out of place, the same will happen (most likely it will) in a sub of "Ask A Woman" and although they do their level best, the mods can't get all of it.

Last up, you say that men will continue to answer and should be welcome to do so. In that case, what is the real difference and why give it a title of Ask A Woman, when men will be responding? Again, it's just a clutter cluster.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Calling me a woman is not discriminating against me - I am a woman. Calling me a bitch cunt... well that's debatable :wink:

Seriously though... surely, by your logic above, you object to the existence of the 'Women's Issues' forum at all, because after all there is no 'Men's Issues' forum. The thing is - this being a big cock sight the majority of the other fora in the Main section ARE predominantly Men's Issues and it was decided, back before Rob's time, that a small corner of the site be given to the minority that are female members. You know as well as I do that we women often get told we are second class members here because we don't own our very own penis and that we get treated as wank fodder by a lot of the straight men too. I like having a section where no one can question my right to be because the label says it is for me and, considering how small a minority we are, it's doesn't seem too invasive, now does it?

And see the point above, this forum is being used as 'Ask the women' anyway - and please note I'm saying 'ask the women' not 'ask a woman, there's a subtle difference. So why not give it a section where it is clear what it is?

As for not letting men post there - well that is just unpoliceable. The difference will be it'll be clearer to those that bother looking at the headers what the intention of the thread is. That's all. It will also make it easier to see the threads in WI that aren't 'ask for a female opinion' type threads. So a user can either seek that kind of thread out or avoid it.

And finally, while I respect your right to have an opinion on this and express it, I'm not too sure why it is that big a deal to you - I don't see you post in this forum that often. Clearly you read here as you read this, but is it really going to affect your daily use of the site? That's a genuine question - not a fuck off what's it got to do with you. I'm just curious as to whether you are arguing the principle for the sake of the principle or because you feel your participation here will change.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ManlyBanisters is talking about responding to the demand for female opinions by creating a place for them. There is an overwhelming desire among the male membership (har-har) of LPSG to poll the women of LPSG on everything, from sex, to dating, to clothes, to cologne, to pick-up lines, to one night stands, to everything else. There doesn't seem to be an an overwhelming desire among the women to poll the men, or for a large group of the membership to direct questions towards transgendered or intersex members. The unending ball of confusion would only be created because of your insistence on "fairness" even though there isn't an demand for those other subforums.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Calling me a woman is not discriminating against me - I am a woman. Calling me a bitch cunt... well that's debatable :wink:

Seriously though... surely, by your logic above, you object to the existence of the 'Women's Issues' forum at all, because after all there is no 'Men's Issues' forum. The thing is - this being a big cock sight the majority of the other fora in the Main section ARE predominantly Men's Issues and it was decided, back before Rob's time, that a small corner of the site be given to the minority that are female members. You know as well as I do that we women often get told we are second class members here because we don't own our very own penis and that we get treated as wank fodder by a lot of the straight men too. I like having a section where no one can question my right to be because the label says it is for me and, considering how small a minority we are, it's doesn't seem too invasive, now does it?

And see the point above, this forum is being used as 'Ask the women' anyway - and please note I'm saying 'ask the women' not 'ask a woman, there's a subtle difference. So why not give it a section where it is clear what it is?

As for not letting men post there - well that is just unpoliceable. The difference will be it'll be clearer to those that bother looking at the headers what the intention of the thread is. That's all. It will also make it easier to see the threads in WI that aren't 'ask for a female opinion' type threads. So a user can either seek that kind of thread out or avoid it.

And finally, while I respect your right to have an opinion on this and express it, I'm not too sure why it is that big a deal to you - I don't see you post in this forum that often. Clearly you read here as you read this, but is it really going to affect your daily use of the site? That's a genuine question - not a fuck off what's it got to do with you. I'm just curious as to whether you are arguing the principle for the sake of the principle or because you feel your participation here will change.
Once more, I understand your goal, I just see it as rather pointless and a frivolous exercise in futility. Men will still place things in the wrong spaces and it will remain bothersome to you and many. Will it reduce the current state of circumstances by routing some threads elsewhere? Sure, same as the current system where moderators move things. They also often don't and I doubt that this would change, there'll still be a plethora of 'would you say my dick is more like a zucchini or a cucumber' and 'Ladies is my dingaling a perfect 10 or what?' sorts of subjects. I get what you want to do, I just don't see it happening, in the way which you seem to perceive it (which I may be misreading).

Keep in mind, one of the most amusing threads at LPSG is http://www.lpsg.org/79007-fondling-sucking-a-sleeping-guy.html is located in Underwear Clothing and Appearance Issues, 60 pages, thousands of views, nearly 900 responses and it's got nothing to do with underwear, clothing or appearances (or reality; but, that's another matter).

To the last series of questions, regarding my attendance and response rate in the Women's Issues. Yes, I browse through on a regular basis, rarely posting in it. I usually respond to topics according to how they interest me and/or if I have something which I feel might contribute. Similar to the Penis Enlargement section, Personals, Adult Websites and Show Off I don't often see a topic which generates a flick of the response switch in me. Additionally, I can understand the merits of a Women's Issue section- there are body and sex issues which only a person with a vagina and a uterus can speak of- similar to only a person with a penis and a prostate gland knows how they feel when stimulated or hurt. It could be argued that the Men's Issues is broken down into Healthy Penis and Sex With A Large Penis (which also tackles vagina owner situations).
Why does it matter, and matter more than a hill of beans to me? Perhaps only because of the presentation of gender. I say this in all honesty, if you'd presented it as "Issues related to the vagina and uterus" I might not have blinked. Might not- I don't know. I am not arguing for the sake of argument, and I don't believe my participation either on the Women's Issues or on a sub, if it is created, would be altered. The matter of division has always bothered me- be it gender, race, religion, ethnicity, age, education, employment, financial circumstances- all are discrimination which does not settle well with me.

If the sub is created, I am sure it will be kept lively, I may even find myself posting in it, and as I indicate above, I appreciate the essence of your desire for this, it's perhaps just the naming which causes me distress. (or the lack of sleep).

I will (most likely) say no more on this suggestion of yours than this: if it comes to fruition, may it meet your aims.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think you should just create a dolfette sub-forum.
where i get to delete or mutilate threads i deem silly.
and i have godlike modlike powers.

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've said this before on this site that the women's issues forum is dominated by men so to be honest I avoid it. It seems to me that most of the guys who ask questions of women there are more interested in some sexual issue of their own than a woman's opinion.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I've said this before on this site that the women's issues forum is dominated by men so to be honest I avoid it. It seems to me that most of the guys who ask questions of women there are more interested in some sexual issue of their own than a woman's opinion.

That may indeed be true - so would an 'ask' sub-forum be useful to you to help you sort the wheat from the chaff?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please follow this link

http://www.lpsg.org/189200-petition-to-add-a-sub.html

and post there if you support the idea of having a sub-forum here in Women's Issues for peeps to ask the Women questions.

Why would we need a subforum for 'peeps' to ask the women questions when that's what WI already is? I'm assuming that by 'peeps' you mean people, and that you would include women in your definition of such. This wouldn't be yet another run at the old segregationist "men don't create worthwhile threads so I don't want them to have the ability to ask questions in the WI forum that I read", would it?

Seems strange given your recent comment on gender.
I choose not to verify because my sex has no bearing on the way I interact on this site.
No bearing on how you interact on this site but it's to be used to determine which forum or subforum others are permitted to start threads in...

What a funny thing you are.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Actually i think it would be beneficial even for myself when i start threads, sometimes i want just men to answer, sometimes i want men and women to answer. Most times men are wanting women to answer and it's turning into a bunch of guys talking about what their women like or their experiences with women.

I start threads that could be beneficial in the womens issue forum, or in the ask a female a question forum which might be more clear to those- male AND female alike- going "Do you want my opinion, or the other genders opinion?" Although i believe if they are asking on the Womens Issue forum and they are male, they are asking the women not both men and women.

You could ask "What is your favorite tampon brand?" and 8 guys come out of the woodworks saying "I hear Kotex sucks, so says my girlfriend. So i'd recommend wearing a pad" when really that person has never menstruated or even had a clue how the damn thing even works but they are quickly telling the guy asking the question which does have a bearing on his thinking for example. 90% of the answers will come from the guys and not the females.

If i see men taking over a thread before a woman has had a chance to respond, i just leave it alone because they didn't even care that the guy is asking for a FEMALE opinion about it.

Let me add...
It sounds elite, but so is having a Women's Issue forum all together. I actually like being asked legitimate questions, but i see not just I get thrown off from even wanting to waste my time if the first page is just guys going on and on about knowing it all and then its the next 7 pages of us fighting with them because most of them have no idea what they are talking about. It's not going to be useful to anyone if the women just do a boycott on the question answering all together because its leading to more problems than benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would we need a subforum for 'peeps' to ask the women questions when that's what WI already is? I'm assuming that by 'peeps' you mean people, and that you would include women in your definition of such. This wouldn't be yet another run at the old segregationist "men don't create worthwhile threads so I don't want them to have the ability to ask questions in the WI forum that I read", would it?

Seems strange given your recent comment on gender.
No bearing on how you interact on this site but it's to be used to determine which forum or subforum others are permitted to start threads in...

What a funny thing you are.

LOL

Woohoo! Another petition! Go get em Manly!

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually i think it would be beneficial even for myself when i start threads, sometimes i want just men to answer, sometimes i want men and women to answer. Most times men are wanting women to answer and it's turning into a bunch of guys talking about what their women like or their experiences with women.

I start threads that could be beneficial in the womens issue forum, or in the ask a female a question forum which might be more clear to those- male AND female alike- going "Do you want my opinion, or the other genders opinion?" Although i believe if they are asking on the Womens Issue forum and they are male, they are asking the women not both men and women.
If I'm reading you correctly you think this should be done so that only women can answer threads in this proposed subforum. That's still segregationist. Besides, if a man repeats something a woman told him about any given thread topic then it's still a woman's answer, isn't it.

I think the difference between your reason for wanting this forum and manly's reason highlights the pointlessness of having this subforum created. You want a place where only women can answer, while she seems to want a place to put all the apparently stupid questions she ascribes to men. How are the moderators expected to organise it to everyone's satisfaction if each woman's expectations for the proposed forum are different?
They can't. So what's the solution? Should we have multitudes of subforums to meet each woman's personal desires for organization?

My suggestion is the same as it ever was. We put on our big girl panties and use our own judgement, thread by thread, to determine what each of us feel like answering at any given time. When we see threads we think belong elsewhere report it to the mods with the more appropriate forum suggested, and if we think it's to stupid to respond to we abstain from responding instead of responding that it's too stupid to respond to, thus bumping back to the top.

For any women who can't cope with the fact that they might have to read questions they consider unworthy from men or that men might comment on a woman's issue please feel free to cloister yourselves in the Real Ladies Group and enjoy your estrogen exclusivity there.

This is the Women's ISSUES Forum, not the Women's forum.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It appears someone made a post that implies I only want women to start threads in Women's Issues and only want men to start threads in this suggested sub-forum. I never said that. I never implied that. I also never said that only women could answer in this suggested sub-forum. Folks would do well not to put words in other folks' mouths.

And Women's Issues is not an 'ask the women' forum - it is just used that way by a lot of posters. I'm just suggesting two sections - because currently a lot of what is being posted is 'Issues men have with women' not 'Issues of women'.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It appears someone made a post that implies I only want women to start threads in Women's Issues and only want men to start threads in this suggested sub-forum. I never said that. I never implied that. I also never said that only women could answer in this suggested sub-forum. Folks would do well not to put words in other folks' mouths.
Folks would also do well to read for comprehension. I never attributed the bolded bit to you, I said that that was my read on MR's hopes for the subforum which did not follow the same guidlines you seem to be proposing. And your proposal does imply that only women may start theads in the genuine Women's Issues forum as the fact that being a man precludes them from having an issue belonging to a woman, hence any thread they could start would be one seeking opinions and thus need be relegated to the subforum.

I think the most pointless thing about all this is that any thread that's not instantly deleted by the OP is clearly one the OP hopes for discussion and opinion sharing to occur on. If the OP isn't specifically hoping for a majority of female responses they likely won't be starting said thread in the WI forum to begin with. Basically any thread started in WI will fall under this new forum. IMO this is just another attempt to rename the forum due to the inability of some to interpret the forum title in a way other than, "Mine, mine, mine".

And Women's Issues is not an 'ask the women' forum - it is just used that way by a lot of posters. I'm just suggesting two sections - because currently a lot of what is being posted is 'Issues men have with women' not 'Issues of women'.
Oddly enough threads posted in the Underwear, Clothing and Appearance Issues forum pertain to issues people have with underwear, clothing & appearances and not issues that the underwear, clothing or appearances find of concern. Imagine that. Forums being named according to the subjects discussed therein rather than suggesting any form of ownership.

It's amazing how much broader a place the world can be when you accept that it's not all about you.

"Someone" :rolleyes: