Linkedin and other stuff -

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_CBTallthetime, May 26, 2008.

1. B_CBTallthetime

B_CBTallthetime New Member

Have any of you signed up for these online networking sites?

Linkedin is one that comes to mind - are there ones that are better?

2. B_inthamood

B_inthamood New Member

depends on what you want. LinkedIn is actually of some professional value, depending on what you do for a living. Facebook is useless so far, but I'm not 25, so... maybe it's more interesting if you are looking to hook up rather than just make a living.

3. JustAsking

Gold Member

I ended up on LinkedIn because so many ex-colleagues were on there inviting me. I have found it to be more useful than annoying (which is how i rate these things.)

I ended up on FaceBook when my wife joined it on the urging of my college age children. So far, that has been mildly amusing, but it is not more useful than annoying. But this is just my opinion, don't take it as a definitive review.

On the other hand, all of these things are popular and successful sites, and being on them helps me figure out where the Internet is going. I need to do this from time to time, because I own an Internet company.

4. D_Henry_Deutschendorf

D_Henry_Deutschendorf Account Disabled

Can anyone tell me if they have found reward (new positions, job opportunities, etc) from LinkedIn?

5. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not job opportunities, but I use it for networking and keeping up with former professional colleagues who change positions or jobs. Old contacts are useful in new positions, especially when they move up in the world. I've also been contacted by previous colleagues through Linkedin to do some contract work or give advice, so I guess in a way I've gotten some job opportunities.

6. D_Henry_Deutschendorf

D_Henry_Deutschendorf Account Disabled

Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted