Media
England
wales
france
spain (like 17 times)
australia (2 states)
USA (3 states)
ecuador for a month....best trip of my life
singapore (doesnt exactly count it was the airport)
Thailand (same as above lol)
Cyprus

i think thats it for now.... ill add more when i finish uni and get my VW

They all have different capital cities and are quite independent...:rolleyes:
And then you could say the USA is one country, because the rest are states, no countries :rolleyes:

No, they're not. Mallorcans are legally Spanish. They carry Spanish passports, vote in Spanish elections. Crete is very much part of Greece and Sicily is definitely Italy. They may have degrees of autonomy, but they are not sovereign nations.

The USA is one country save for a few legal territories which are not states like Puerto Rico, American Samoa, or Guam. Driving over to New Jersey to buy cheap gas isn't international travel in my book. States don't count in this.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately I've not had the opportunity to travel much. :frown1: Is there an award for least travelled among us? :redface:

Canada (various visits have taught in Toronto)
Mexico
Carribbean Islands
Italy (did a semester there, 3 months)
England
Have visited 43 states
Have taught in 26 states

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
wow even b4 i get halfway through my list the rules are getting complicated, is puerto rico a country? what about all the virgin islands, the grenadines, is the island already included in its soverign country? so you can't count it again? i can count germany 2x as long as my parents took me there b4 the wall came down right? and what about all the parts of the soviet union b4 it was dissolved? can they count as seperate countries?

and what's the definition of "traveled to" is driving through a country enuff to say you've traveled to it? is there a minimum time limit you have to spend there? what about 4 hr layovers between flights, if you leave the airport and go into the city? certainly not to buy any local herbal consumeables or anything.

and lastly is arkansas really a 3rd world country or do people here just refer to it as that? it wouldn't be on my list cuz i haven't been there but just wondered.

fuk it, earl's already got me beat anyway i thought i was well travelled b4 i read his list. but i have been places he hasn't.

Last edited:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mexico, Canada, England, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Italy, Ireland, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Austria......I think thats it.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Everywhere in the US except South Dakota and Mississippi
Mexico
Russia
India
China and Hong Kong
Japan
Thailand
Indonesia
Australia
New Zealand
Columbia
Venezuela
Brazil
Argentina
Ecuador
Peru
Chile
South Africa
Kenya---The Seychelles
Egypt
Morocco
Spain
Portugal
France
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
UK
Ireland
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
The Netherlands
Norway
Sweden
Poland
Italy and Vatican City
Greece and Crete
Turkey
Israel
Iceland
The Caribbean 27 islands
Galapagos Islands
The South Pole

Canada
Monaco
Tahiti
Fiji

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wow even b4 i get halfway through my list the rules are getting complicated, is puerto rico a country? what about all the virgin islands, the grenadines, is the island already included in its soverign country? so you can't count it again?
Technically Puerto Rico is a commonwealth.

and what's the definition of "traveled to" is driving through a country enuff to say you've traveled to it? is there a minimum time limit you have to spend there? what about 4 hr layovers between flights, if you leave the airport and go into the city? certainly not to buy any local herbal consumeables or anything.
IMHO if you leave the airport and go to the city it counts as having 'travelled to.' Many European countries are quite close together. I think you can count it as 'travelled to' if you at least stopped to tinkle there. :wink:

I count England as having 'travelled to' I flew into Gatwick and had a 6 hour layover before flying out of Heathrow. In between I went into London shopped and had lunch. My ultimate destination was Italy.

and lastly is arkansas really a 3rd world country or do people here just refer to it as that? it wouldn't be on my list cuz i haven't been there but just wondered.
Most of the southeast is like another planet. Seriously, I was born and bred in NJ and have lived in Georgia 2 years and there are times I still have culture shock.

I think if someone checks your passport it should count as 'travelled to' even if you don't spend the night in that country. :cool:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
  1. Andorra (1)
  2. Argentina (2)
  3. Austria (1)
  4. Australia (3)
  5. Belgium (3)
  6. Bolivia (1)
  7. Botswana (3)
  8. Brazil (1)
  9. Cambodia (4)
  10. Canada (1)
  11. Chile (2)
  12. China (6)
  13. Columbia (2)
  14. Congo (2)
  15. Costa Rica (1)
  16. Cuba (2)
  17. Czech Republic (2)
  18. Denmark (3)
  19. East Germany (2)
  20. Ecuador (1)
  21. Egypt (1)
  22. El Salvador (1)
  23. Estonia (1)
  24. Finland (1)
  25. France (lots)
  26. French Polynesia (1)
  27. [W]Germany (lots)
  28. Guatemala (2)
  29. Honduras (1)
  30. Hong Kong (lots)
  31. Hungary (1)
  32. Iceland (1)
  33. India (1)
  34. Indonesia (1)
  35. Iran (1)
  36. Ireland (1)
  37. Italy (6)
  38. Japan (1)
  39. Jordan (2)
  40. Lebanon (1)
  41. Macau (4)
  42. Malaysia (1)
  43. Malta (2)
  44. Mexico (2)
  45. Monaco (1)
  46. Mozambique (3)
  47. Netherlands (3)
  48. New Zealand (2)
  49. Nicaragua (1)
  50. Panama (1)
  51. Paraguay (1)
  52. Peru (2)
  53. Portugal (1)
  54. Qatar (2)
  55. Scotland (lots)
  56. Singapore (1)
  57. Slovakia (3)
  58. South Africa (lots)
  59. Spain (4)
  60. Sudan (1)
  61. Swaziland (1)
  62. Sweden (1)
  63. Switzerland (2)
  64. Thailand (3)
  65. Tibet (1)
  66. Turkey (1)
  67. UAE (1)
  68. Uruguay (1)
  69. USA (lots)
  70. Vatican City (1)
  71. Venezuela (1)
  72. Vietnam (3)
  73. Wales (lots)
  74. Zambia (lots)
  75. Zimbabwe (2)
  76. England (well it is a country!) :wink:
I think this is all but it's hard to compile a list. The (#) is the number of spells or visits there (lots = more than I can recall off the top of my head).

I know that Wales and Scotland (and arguably [not by me or Tibetans] Tibet) are not independent nations. Hong Kong and Macau are (or were) overseas protectorates and East Germany no longer exists (though it did when I spent that wonderful weekend in East Berlin in 1989) and Monaco is only a principality - but so what, they all deserve acknowlegement ... :tongue:

Some significant omissions, so still a whole load to go!

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A lot of people will pick up more "countries" if you go by the definitions used by the Traveler's Century Club which allows membership after you hit 100. They include entities which may not be countries in their own right but which are removed from the parent either geographically, politically or ethnographically such as Alaska and Hawaii or Wales and Sicily. They also include plane refueling stops(which I think is really stretching it; you at least have to leave an airport imho).

See list:

The Travelers' Century Club

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A lot of people will pick up more "countries" if you go by the definitions used by the Traveler's Century Club which allows membership after you hit 100. They include entities which may not be countries in their own right but which are removed from the parent either geographically, politically or ethnographically such as Alaska and Hawaii or Wales and Sicily. They also include plane refueling stops(which I think is really stretching it; you at least have to leave an airport imho).

See list:

Nope sorry I'm not buying any of this...If you did even leave the airport, how can you say you visited a country? OK I'll go back and add Tahiti and Fiji to my list!

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

See list:

That would add a few, and if one included plane stopovers without leaving the airport add another handful but I agree you have to draw a line somewhere!!

I've been to Easter Island ... as part of Chile, the Isle of Mann a few times and so on ... I have included only places I spent at least a few days, and many of them weeks or months - save Vatican City and Monaco (sorry - just a day wandering round the former and a few hours in the latter - it was many years ago and mostly spent hanging out of a tree watching the Grand Prix).

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

See list: The Travelers' Century Club

Sorry, but The Travelers Century Club is full o' crap IMHO. The fact that Alaska and Hawaii are separated from the 48 continuous United States by a large land mass and a large body of water do not make them separate countries. Hell why don't we call Louisiana a separate country? They speak that Cajun/Creole dialect that should make them foreigners. Plus Louisiana law is different from that of all 49 other states including Alaska and Hawaii. :irked: Doesn't fly, does it? :rolleyes:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nope sorry I'm not buying any of this...If you did even leave the airport, how can you say you visited a country? OK I'll go back and add Tahiti and Fiji to my list!

well the OP said "travelled to" not visited, which i think is stretching it too. I woulnd't say i've been to such and such unless i've actually spent time there but if the rule is only that you were physically there then alot of things count,

can i count the country my parents were in when they conceived me even though i've never been back to that country since? I WAS THERE! :biggrin1:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Sorry, but The Travelers Century Club is full o' crap IMHO. The fact that Alaska and Hawaii are separated from the 48 continuous United States by a large land mass and a large body of water do not make them separate countries. Hell why don't we call Louisiana a separate country? They speak that Cajun/Creole dialect that should make them foreigners. Plus Louisiana law is different from that of all 49 other states including Alaska and Hawaii. :irked: Doesn't fly, does it? :rolleyes:

I didn't say I count it but I sort of disagree. I remember meeting a couple of Aussies, the first time I was in Maui, who said to me "We can't believe we finally made it to the States!" and me saying "Buddy, trust me, you still haven't."

That and that it's the most remote piece of inhabited land on the planet, geographically further away from any other inhabited place...it is sort of an accomplishment to travel there.

As for Palin-ville, medals should be given for hazardous duty for venturing there.
:wink:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't say I count it but I sort of disagree. I remember meeting a couple of Aussies, the first time I was in Maui, who said to me "We can't believe we finally made it to the States!" and me saying "Buddy, trust me, you still haven't."

That and that it's the most remote piece of inhabited land on the planet, geographically further away from any other inhabited place...it is sort of an accomplishment to travel there.

As for Palin-ville, medals should be given for hazardous duty for venturing there.
:wink:

Someone with a non US passport is visiting the US if they are in Hawaii, Any US citizen visiting Alaska or Hawaii is visiting one of the United States! Sorry!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

I'm not trying to argue this. I just gave one definition by one club that's not mine. On the other hand, I had dinner one night and lunch the next day and walked around the city for a few hours before I flew out and I'd still say I visited Ottawa.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As for Palin-ville, medals should be given for hazardous duty for venturing there. :wink:

ya i've been to AK 2x, and just once in the interior (denali), and other than fellow trekkers, i never met a single resident who didn't give me the impression he wanted me out of his "country" as soon as possible. or would have cheered on the bear, if one decided to wrestle me.

it's a spectacular natural landscape, but it's populated by people who want to be left alone. The whole secessionist movement is still very popular there.