• 20+ countries

Votes: 27 32.9%

• Total voters

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Rather than make a pissing contest out of this, all I can say is that I've had to apply for new passports four times in the last 20 years because all the pages were filled with lots of unreadable exit and entry visa stamps. I'm working on my fifth that showed up within less than a week at the end of last October, 08'. So, I guess that's five passports (four of them completely filled) in the last 20 years. I doubt I'll ever need 15 passports in my lifetime. I prefer to go to a place, find a place to live and stick around for one or two months.

But a point of clarification, please: does being stuck in the unending Hell that is the connecting travelers' Duty Free Shopping Mall Terminal somewhere in the middle of Heathrow mean that one has been to England? They don't stamp your passport, so I assume it doesn't count. But I've spent what accumulates to almost a week in that place waiting for a bus to carry me to my connecting flight to India, Africa, Spain, and the rest of Europe simply because I like to fly on British Airways. It really is a Hellish prison of duty free colognes, perfumes, bad food, excessively expensive adult beverage refreshments and cranky Hindi money changers who always seem to be picking their noses when not counting the bills of various currencies. I think it should count, because one could potentially spend several weeks stuck in the place.

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh, and for those aching to visit Habana and are 'Mericuhns: Fly to México City and enjoy the sights (there are quite a few good ones to enjoy). Either AreoMéxico or Mexicana has daily flights to Cuba. Talk with one of their travel reps making certain that he or she knows you are a US Citizen. They'll sell you a round-trip paper ticket and mark the ida and vuelta coupons with colored marker. When you land in Havana you show your ticket receipt along with your US Passport (that third thing that looks like a ticket but isn't) and the customs people will smile, be very nice and wave you by. It's this thing they do once they see you're a US Citizen not to stamp your passport on entering or exiting the country. They know that when you enter back through customs in the USA that entry/exit visa stamps from Cuba on a US Passport will cause all sorts of alarms, red lights, the State Department, guns, and representatives from the US Treasury to show up and make your life miserable. So, they just don't stamp it. Instead of your passport they will stamp your ticket receipt thingy -- again, that last paper ticket that really isn't a ticket but a receipt. You need to show it on the way to board your flight back to México, too. Cubans are very nice, especially their customs agents who want you to have a good time and spend as many US Dollars as possible (or Euros) at one of their lovely new resorts -- which are rather nice. And you can take chauffeured and walking tours of old Havana where they keep most of the old American cars from the 50's freshly painted, running and belching smoke. Out side of Havana the roads are traveled by many new Toyotas, Hondas, and Hyundais, and Mercedes buses and trucks.

I don't however, recommend ANY 'Mericuhn Citizen do this, of course. Because it's illegal. But if you want to go, that's how to do it.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
But a point of clarification, please: does being stuck in the unending Hell that is the connecting travelers' Duty Free Shopping Mall Terminal somewhere in the middle of Heathrow mean that one has been to England?

Terminal 5 is quite pleasant and a vast improvement over the old rabbit warren we used to connect through. The Galleries lounges are really swish with free cinemas, Wi-Fi, and art all over the place. I spent a few hours waiting there several times last year and was reluctant to leave and get in a grubby BA airplane. Which by the way, is far down the list of my favorite airlines. The planes need a damn good scrubbing inside and in spite of charging top dollar, they invariably fuck up in some way or another.

bradhottop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh, and for those aching to visit Habana and are 'Mericuhns: Fly to México City and enjoy the sights (there are quite a few good ones to enjoy). Either AreoMéxico or Mexicana has daily flights to Cuba. Talk with one of their travel reps making certain that he or she knows you are a US Citizen. They'll sell you a round-trip paper ticket and mark the ida and vuelta coupons with colored marker. When you land in Havana you show your ticket receipt along with your US Passport (that third thing that looks like a ticket but isn't) and the customs people will smile, be very nice and wave you by. It's this thing they do once they see you're a US Citizen not to stamp your passport on entering or exiting the country. They know that when you enter back through customs in the USA that entry/exit visa stamps from Cuba on a US Passport will cause all sorts of alarms, red lights, the State Department, guns, and representatives from the US Treasury to show up and make your life miserable. So, they just don't stamp it. Instead of your passport they will stamp your ticket receipt thingy -- again, that last paper ticket that really isn't a ticket but a receipt. You need to show it on the way to board your flight back to México, too. Cubans are very nice, especially their customs agents who want you to have a good time and spend as many US Dollars as possible (or Euros) at one of their lovely new resorts -- which are rather nice. And you can take chauffeured and walking tours of old Havana where they keep most of the old American cars from the 50's freshly painted, running and belching smoke. Out side of Havana the roads are traveled by many new Toyotas, Hondas, and Hyundais, and Mercedes buses and trucks.

I don't however, recommend ANY 'Mericuhn Citizen do this, of course. Because it's illegal. But if you want to go, that's how to do it.

If you are a US Citizen, you should also take cash with you. I've been told (but did not try) that you can't use US bank based credit cards or ATM cards as they will not go through and there will be a record of you being there. I was last there for Christmas 2004, and everything in Havana was cheap. Take ones and fives and you'll be fine. They love US dollars. My experience was the same as described above, but I went through Cancun. There were "travel agents" at the airport in Cancun ready to sell the tickets and travel vouchers. I've also heard people from the northeast go through Toronto. It was very easy and customs was a breeze as midlifebear said.

I have the lowdown on the gay circuit and private house parties that are really held way out in the woods - PM if you want info.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I've remembered them all....

in alphabetical order:

Austria
Belgium
Canada
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Jersey
Monaco
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey
United States of America

The latter being where I've managed to spend 24 weeks in the last 2 years! :redface:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
You said it right there! You're Canadian! You don't have Disney World up there. You don't have religious freedom and have to bow to an old German woman who wears too much jewelry. I imagine living in a country snowed-under year round without any healthcare and being forced to learn French might make France attractive after a while.

So phully capchured I feal nekkid.
[How did you know about the old German woman?]

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why has every friggin person on this thread been to France?

In spite of what I have already said in previous posts... and what others have said, I actually like it and have met remarkable people and had amazing experiences I would never have had otherwise!
BTW who won the prize on this contest? I have to hope I won Mr. Congeniality because I have always been able to blend (except a few times)

Last edited:

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm too lazy to type out a list of the countries I've been to. However, the countries I haven't been to would be a much shorter list.

Countries that I have not yet been to, but want to:
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
Syria

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
France is gorgeous. The countryside is all green and rolling hills, the air is cool and crisp, and the people are as nice as any I've met anywhere. 'Course, where I spent most of my time the people were all from Yorkshire. I understand French better than the Yorkshire accent. J/K - Yorkshire accent is music to my ears.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
USA - Home (34 of the States)
Vatican City
Italy
France
Switzerland
Austria
Germany
Belgium
Netherlands
England
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Mexico
Bahamas
Martinique
Canada
St. Marten
Dominican Republic
Brazil
Puerto Rico (***)
Indonesia
Monaco
Israel
Australia
New Zealand
Jamaica

I consider myself truly fortunate to have been able to experience so much, and i cannot wait to see more.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We are talking about a trip around the Black Sea this summer. That will add a few to the list. The only tricky part will be the closed border between Russia and Georgia. But there is a ferry boat, so we can bypass Georgia and then backtrack into it. I want to go to Armenia, but that may not be doable because of the politics.

This woman I know wants to go to Morocco in May. But I don't think I want to. I always change the subject when it comes up.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
United Arab Emirates
India
Bangladesh
Tibet*
Nepal*
Indonesia*
Phillipines
Korea
Thailand*
Saudi Arabia
UK
Turkey
Egypt
Jordan
France
Costa Rica
Nicaragua
Canada
Mexico

Hoping to do more Europe & South America, soon.

*Was too young to remember, but there nevertheless.

Roark1976

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
dang, and i thought i was relatively well-travelled. guess not.

have lived in:

dallas, dc, atlanta, new york (where i'm going next), rome, london, brighton (uk), berlin, mexico city, and yes, arkansas.

travelled to:

the above, plus the veneto and north italy in general, austria, bavaria, switzerland, france (mostly south, but some time in paris), north central mexico (guanajuato is as beautiful as anything in italy) most of the states (save the big square ones), chiapas, oaxaca, baja california, nayarit.

next up:

buenos aires, the yucatan, tokyo, manilla, maybe bangkok.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda, Chile, Peru, Argentina, The United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, former Yugoslavia, Israel, Jordan,India