List of communal/open showers in australia

Womens or mixed. But no men’s only. Seems unfair
I think because previously men were getting 8 hour stints a few days a week, while women only had a few hour blocks in the morning. Or in those periods men weren’t using them as much as was necessated by the time block.
Although, why had gendered spa sessions if you have to be clothed? Makes no sense to me. I know pools have women-only swim time for religious reasons, but the spa room at the Squash Club has lockers, showers and change areas, so people are gonna be naked anyway if they change in them. Might as well enjoy the spa naked too. I’m hoping if i go back when there’s a men-only time period again, I can find some regulars and see what they do. Or lead by example haha

MattSyd212

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They have a pamphlet at their front desk and a new timetable taped to the door of the spa room, that indicates that the new timetable is for the month of January and says it may be continued throughout the year.
Was hoping to go to Coburg today but you never got back to me about tagging along!

Haha, sorry mate! I’m new to this platform and only just saw your message now.. I may have done a cheeky scout on Saturday night.. sadly it was quiet.. can confirm it has 4 cubicle showers and 4 gang showers.. happy to try it out tomorrow night if you’re keen?

Also down to check out Lilydale if you or anyone else can confirm a men only time and are keen? :)

Haha, sorry mate! I’m new to this platform and only just saw your message now.. I may have done a cheeky scout on Saturday night.. sadly it was quiet.. can confirm it has 4 cubicle showers and 4 gang showers.. happy to try it out tomorrow night if you’re keen?

Also down to check out Lilydale if you or anyone else can confirm a men only time and are keen? :)
Chuck me a response to my message and we can organise from there :)

D

deleted1241326

They would be better off shortening the single sex times and making it even. I used to go to a gym with mixed facilities. And I remember every morning I was in the steam room this woman would come in, see me and then leave. She might have been self conscious sure. But it started making me feel bad in a way which was not fair at all. I think having men’s only is good for that reason, knowing I can use the facilities and not intimidate or make some woman think she’s being watched etc. you know what I mean?

Reactions: dtlol

They would be better off shortening the single sex times and making it even. I used to go to a gym with mixed facilities. And I remember every morning I was in the steam room this woman would come in, see me and then leave. She might have been self conscious sure. But it started making me feel bad in a way which was not fair at all. I think having men’s only is good for that reason, knowing I can use the facilities and not intimidate or make some woman think she’s being watched etc. you know what I mean?
Yeah that makes perfect sense, I get that. We shall see what they do after January 27, that’s what the poster says at least

D

deleted1241326

Maybe if a few people message them about it they might keep a couple times free for just the men

Reactions: MattSyd212
D

deleted1241326

I messaged them, this was the reply
“Hi thanks for your feedback, these times are on a trail basis over January as we have had a lot of our Male members asking to access the room on a Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the the Female only hours, we have also had our Female members wanting to use the room after the Aqua Aerobic class on Wednesday evening when it's Males. Having mixed hours everyday gives both genders the opportunity to use the facilities, we already do this Friday nights and the weekends and it works well. Thanks Mal”
They aren’t going to change it back. It’ll be mixed or female only which is a shame

I messaged them, this was the reply
“Hi thanks for your feedback, these times are on a trail basis over January as we have had a lot of our Male members asking to access the room on a Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the the Female only hours, we have also had our Female members wanting to use the room after the Aqua Aerobic class on Wednesday evening when it's Males. Having mixed hours everyday gives both genders the opportunity to use the facilities, we already do this Friday nights and the weekends and it works well. Thanks Mal”
They aren’t going to change it back. It’ll be mixed or female only which is a shame
Mal responded to me too, he’s probably hella confused about why it’s sufdenly an issue hahaha! I guess we will just see when January ends, I would like to think they will just change to larger mixed periods, and less time for individual genders. Fingers crossed! We always have Japanese bath house if it doesn’t go to plan

Just tried Kardinia Aquatic Centre in Geelong while passing through.. great set up. Two small spaces with 5 open shower heads in each and two change areas either side.. really open plan. Good chats and some really hung guys aha! Would recommend! :)
Thankyou HEAPS for checking that out, it saved me a reallyyyy long drive just for a swim! I’ll try and visit it next time I’m in Geelong visiting friends!
Up in Queensland currently, no point going to the local pool as there’s one where we are staying. I’m still hoping to check out Coburg when I’m back. I know there’s open showers but I want to see for myself what it’s like

Reactions: MattSyd212

dukejuke

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Below is the list of pools I still want to check out. I know several of them have previously been listen in this forum as having open showers, whereas others have not. It’s more just for my own experience, not just to discover new ones. I welcome any input, especially if people wish to join me as I continue my search for open showers at pools. This list is still focusing on (mostly) Eastern Melb, a little N/NE, but both the list and my curiousity is starting to creep West side.

Ascot Vale Leisure Centre
Brunswick Baths
Coburg Leisure Centre
Don Tatnell Leisure Centre
Doug Ellis Swimming Pool
Ivanhoe Aquatic
Kardinia Pool (Geelong)
Lilydale Squash and Fitness Centre
Monbulk Pool
Olinda Pool
Richmond Recreation Centre (gym section)
Waves Leisure Centre

I think Brunswick baths is individual stalls and so is Ivanhoe Aquatic. Coburg I think is still open

Reactions: Alex92

Also from Brunswick; Brunswick baths is single stalls but is really cruisy in the locker rooms if that’s what you’re looking for aha
Have you been to Fitzroy or Carlton pools? Both are on Alexandra Parade

I haven’t but definitely do want to try them out. I can’t remember reading where, but one of the two have open showers outside.. think it might be Carlton but I’m not sure.
Both of them are near a friend’s place, but the last time I was close to there I went to the Japanese bathhouse, and time before that I checked out Collingwood and Northbcote pools in the same evening! Both were closed showers so a waste of time. I’ve crossed Brunswick Baths off my list

DN80

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just tried Kardinia Aquatic Centre in Geelong while passing through.. great set up. Two small spaces with 5 open shower heads in each and two change areas either side.. really open plan. Good chats and some really hung guys aha! Would recommend! :)
I was there last week too-hot young Guy in red speedos but didn’t see him in the showers

Carlton has stalls and Fitzroy has open stalls but the floor was quite grimey when I went a few years ago. Carlton was more recent.
When you say open stalls, do you mean stalls without doors?