List of communal/open showers in australia

Toratora

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ehh it's not really a sexual thing for me. More of a masculine bonding experience. I've been many times there when the open showers were full of nude men, and only one or two of the cubicles were being used. Good chats.
What time of day you think is best from experience?

gymnistes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Are there any goodlife gyms in Melbourne that have open showers? Most I know are cubicles.. and what do you boys usually wear in the sauna ? I wear a speedo as required but sometimes you’re lucky and the sauna is open at night (by accident?) and you can go nude as there’s no staff

lesterbegood

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Are there any goodlife gyms in Melbourne that have open showers? Most I know are cubicles.. and what do you boys usually wear in the sauna ? I wear a speedo as required but sometimes you’re lucky and the sauna is open at night (by accident?) and you can go nude as there’s no staff
All the Goodlife's I have been to are cubicle private showers. Have not been to any in Victoria. Saunas are for both sexes.
If any Oz Good Life Gyms do have open showers or ones that are worth checking out please share.

Screamaloud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I wish my local Goodlife gym had open showers.

D

deleted1241326

I wish my local Goodlife gym had open showers.
I don’t know of any good life with open showers but am aware that some have saunas in the men’s room such as wantirna. However they still require a form of clothing to use… disappointing

gymnistes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You mean the sauna is men only? I’ve only seen mixed sex ones at goodlife.
I don’t know of any good life with open showers but am aware that some have saunas in the men’s room such as wantirna. However they still require a form of clothing to use… disappointing

Reactions: lesterbegood
D

deleted1241326

Wow nice... do boys ever use it nude? Sometimes the saunas are left unlocked after hours (they’re supposed to be shut) and you can go nude as it’s quiet and unstaffed
I’m sure someone has at some point

Screamaloud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You mean the sauna is men only? I’ve only seen mixed sex ones at goodlife.
Goodlife South Melbourne has a separate male only sauna in the male change room and it’s a 24/7 facility. And I can definitely assure you that people have been nude in it after hours when it’s quiet.

D

deleted1241326

I just started at my new gym tonight in Lilydale (Victoria). It’s very old school but to my surprise has open showers down the back and around the corner of the men’s lockerroom. Perfect

Reactions: Trunk8or

thatsaspicymeatball

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just started at my new gym tonight in Lilydale (Victoria). It’s very old school but to my surprise has open showers down the back and around the corner of the men’s lockerroom. Perfect
Is this at the Lilydale Squash Centre?

gymnistes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Goodlife South Melbourne has a separate male only sauna in the male change room and it’s a 24/7 facility. And I can definitely assure you that people have been nude in it after hours when it’s quiet.
That’s hot... what about the showers there, so many boys leave the doors open? Most goodlife boys shut them... :(

gymnistes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So it seems like some of the independent gyms in older facilities have open showers, but none of the chain brand gyms (anytime, goodlife, etc) do anymore? Or are there some with open showers too? Or at least no doors, just partitions?

thatsaspicymeatball

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yep

I would say plenty of use yeah, just not all at one time. I’ll update after a few visits
They used to have men only time slots for their spa room, but they got scrapped just before covid. Now it’s women or mixed. Even though they specified you had to wear bathers, I reckon some of the older men may have done without, or showered and changed in the spa room facilities, during the men only time slot. Shame we missed it

lesterbegood

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Very few built since the 80s would have them.
Even in the 80s they were few and far between.
So it seems like some of the independent gyms in older facilities have open showers, but none of the chain brand gyms (anytime, goodlife, etc) do anymore? Or are there some with open showers too? Or at least no doors, just partitions?