List of gyms with open/communal showers?

michael94c

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, so I'm a 23 year old male from the south, and I have absolutely no problem using the communal showers. Didn't grow up playing sports but I go to the gym a few times a week at my university and prefer to shower after (because I'm usually very sweaty and don't wanna go home smelling like booty). Now generally, I prefer to use the open shower we have, but usually around 6 or 7, there is this REALLY creepy guy who will LITRALLY follow guys into the locker room and shower with them if they use the open shower. Whenever I see him, I immediately go into the private stalls, but it's pretty cramped in there and I feel like I get cleaner using the open one. Granted, whenever he sees me, he will literally alter his workout plan, stop early and shower if/when he sees me going into the locker/shower room and start a conversation with me the WHOLE time I'm showering. What are y'all's thoughts on creepy old guys. I just wanna shower without being bothered...

Okay, so I'm a 23 year old male from the south, and I have absolutely no problem using the communal showers. Didn't grow up playing sports but I go to the gym a few times a week at my university and prefer to shower after (because I'm usually very sweaty and don't wanna go home smelling like booty). Now generally, I prefer to use the open shower we have, but usually around 6 or 7, there is this REALLY creepy guy who will LITRALLY follow guys into the locker room and shower with them if they use the open shower. Whenever I see him, I immediately go into the private stalls, but it's pretty cramped in there and I feel like I get cleaner using the open one. Granted, whenever he sees me, he will literally alter his workout plan, stop early and shower if/when he sees me going into the locker/shower room and start a conversation with me the WHOLE time I'm showering. What are y'all's thoughts on creepy old guys. I just wanna shower without being bothered...

Sadly they exist at EVERY gym. The best thing to do in my experience is to be stone cold towards them. Don't be polite, don't engage them in conversation, don't even respond to their "hello". Just ignore everything they say and don't even acknowledge their presence. Not even so much as a head nod. Also, give them a steely cold "don't fuck with me" look. This has worked for me in the past when dealing with creepy dudes. They get the message pretty quickly and back the hell off.

michael94c

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sadly they exist at EVERY gym. The best thing to do in my experience is to be stone cold towards them. Don't be polite, don't engage them in conversation, don't even respond to their "hello". Just ignore everything they say and don't even acknowledge their presence. Not even so much as a head nod. Also, give them a steely cold "don't fuck with me" look. This has worked for me in the past when dealing with creepy dudes. They get the message pretty quickly and back the hell off.
I'll do that next time. I really don't have a problem showering with anyone, young/middle-aged/senior, really don't care, it's when they STARE that creeps me the absolute fuck out. Thanks for the advice AG08

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
showers.jpg

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sadly they exist at EVERY gym.
I guess I don't have the same appeal as others because I've never encountered this kind of lurking and creeping at a gym. Even when a cruisy vibe exists, I've never been pursued in this manner. @michael94c: If it really bothers you, I would firmly tell the guy that his behavior will be reported to management if he persists. I'm sure that will shock him into reality.

Reactions: AG08

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
if there is a public shower somewhere I may use it and call me crazy but be forewarned I do not shower with clothes on, I don't mix up showers with washing machines, lol. But if you do fine. Also I am a MAN, if you like what you see look. I got no problem with that and if you don't that's fine too. And as a freaking real MAN I can handle someone who makes a pass, without getting violent or bashing anyone or calling the freaking cops or authorities like I am a little freaking girl who can't handle an adult situation myself. Public showers were invented by the Greeks and Romans etc and IMHO they had the right attitude about them any where people gather sometines people will have sex. Men and women have sex in parks it happens the popular innocent sounding song Under the Boardwalk is about cute sexual activity between a man and a woman at the beach, stuff happens in life it's not the end of the world wherther it's between a man and a woman or a man and a man. And if you find it hot or not, to each his or her own, like what you like.

Now, I will go back to our regularly scheduled programming and just hit the showers here, anyone who cares to join me is welcome or not your choice. Opps, someone just dropped the soap, lol....
Peace be with you all.

I guess I don't have the same appeal as others because I've never encountered this kind of lurking and creeping at a gym. Even when a cruisy vibe exists, I've never been pursued in this manner. @michael94c: If it really bothers you, I would firmly tell the guy that his behavior will be reported to management if he persists. I'm sure that will shock him into reality.

I agree with your suggestion above Todd.

This type of behaviour tends to happen more at my Y because the men's plus locker room is predominantly full of old guys (65+) who seem to have now come to terms with and want to explore their bi/homosexuality. I can't even count the number of creepy old guys that have acted pervy towards me and other guys while they start every other sentence with "My wife and I..." thinking that will deflect suspicion. Lots of them don't even hit the gym at all, or do any form of exercise. They come in to the locker room, strip off, and hang out for hours in the locker room naked. Some of their behaviour is so blatant it's unbelievable. For example, there was a creepy obese old guy that actually moved his stuff across the locker room to take a seat squarely behind where I was about to get changed at a locker. He would have been 3 feet behind me with his eyes level with my cock and ass. Another time was a wrinkly old dude that squeezed naked into a 2 feet spot between the wall and where I was sitting naked in the steam room while the steam room was empty except for the 2 of us (it can accommodate 5 guys comfortably). Another time was an old dude that would eye me up and down and follow me around the locker room while I was naked, and always finish his workout at the exact same time as me even if he had only been there for about 15 minutes. I could go on and on with stories like this.

I fully admit that I have gay tendencies towards younger, fit attractive men, but I have never engaged in any of that type of behaviour while naked with those kinds of men. It's just not the time or place.

Reactions: AdamFin