Little Children and Children of Men

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was bored and rented these two. They were both really impressive and immersive movies. I love it when a movie I barely heard about surprises me.

Any other recent films ya'll could recommend?

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How recent? I would recommend "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" with Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr, but it's about 2 years old. :tongue: How about "The Last King of Scotland" or "The History Boys"?

The History Boys was ok. I think the play would have been better than the movie.

Children of Men will be arriving from Netflix next week. P D James really shocked me when she wrote that it was like nothing she'd written before. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Blocked up(2006) The heart warming story of a constipated nun and her 30 year search for a enima in the bowels of the church.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was bored and rented these two. They were both really impressive and immersive movies. I love it when a movie I barely heard about surprises me.

Pan's Labyrinth. The Last King of Scotland.

<rant> Am I the only one who was pissed off at the ending in Children of Men? Why did he get on that boat with her if he knew he'd been shot? He should've sent the other woman with her. <end rant>

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree, Pan's Labyrinth was awesome - I may have to go pirate Last King soon, I really want to see it.

I just saw Pan's Labrinynth, I was expecting a fluffy "Chronicles of Narnia" kind of fantasy. Holy Moly:eek: the movie was a LOT darker than I expected, regardless I enjoyed it immensely despite my silly preconceived notions.:biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Glad you liked those. I have to admit to having the hugest crush on Kate Winslet. I tend to like most of her choices in roles, Titanic notwithstanding.

A Scanner Darkly

Not super recent, but I liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a lot.

<rant> Am I the only one who was pissed off at the ending in Children of Men? Why did he get on that boat with her if he knew he'd been shot? He should've sent the other woman with her. <end rant>

Not by a long shot...the senselessness of that bit was really inconguous with Owen's character up to that point.