Little Concern

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by BigCollege_Cock, Mar 20, 2006.

1. BigCollege_Cock

This is a reallly really dumb question lol, BUT, if both you and your partner never did any kind of sexual activity before (except by themselves), both virgins, could/is it possible for either of you to get an STD?

2. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anything is possible. STD's can be contracted from public restrooms, but it's extremely rare. Kissing can spread certain STDs. So anything is possible, but not likely.

3. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    No. Sexually transmitted does not mean generated from the air, from spores, from sheets, from toilet seats. It has to be transmitted from one sexual partner to another.

Having said that, I do think I might have picked up crabs from sitting down on a sauna bench naked in my sleezy gym once, and must have sat right on the spot where some guy with crabs just got up. Either that or my squeeky clean partner (who was a little obsessive compulsive about cleanliness elsewhere) was lying. I will never know.

4. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    VERY unlikely, but technically, yes, it IS possible (toilet seats, gym, shaking hands, etc.), but again, SO incredibly unlikely for everything to line up just right. On the other hand, you, or (s)he, could be carrying HIV, from a number of things (again unlikely), unscreened blood transfusion (virtually impossible in the U.S.), sharing needles, carrying from birth from infected parent. Hepatitis (there are 3 types; a, b, & c) is sometimes classed as STDs even thought Hep. A can be contracted from unwashed fruits, etc. The long answer would tell you it's POSSIBLE, but the short answer is that it's DOUBTFUL. In any case, you should ALWAYS play safe, and act as though a partner DOES have something, until you are sure that you're in a long-term monogamous relationship, and then after 6 months of exclusivity, get an STD screening.

5. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Again, in rereading my post, i just wanted to stress how unlikely it is for such an extreme line-up of events to take place that would lead you or him/her to be infected with something. The other thing is that you'd most likely KNOW, if you had something. Your body is good at signalling things. Although you'll always be told that many STDs are asymptomatic (don't show symptoms), it's more likely you'll notice. You CAN drive yourself crazy reading things like the CDC (in the U.S., the Center for Disease Control) site. They are very conservative, almost extreme in their warnings. Just play safe, and know that safety is your best weapon for staying "clean".

6. Pappy

Pappy Member

It is possible but not probable. In rare cases you might contract crabs form a toilet seat or from sleeping in the same bed at the same time, no sexual contact, as someone that has them. Also you can have some STD's for weeks, even months and NOT know it. Some STD symptons don't manifest until months after you're infected. As has been stated before, your best bet is to always play safe, use protection.

7. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    oh you wacky middle-class folks and your feeble pampered immune systems :biggrin1:

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

*grunt*

Me macho caveman. Me no feeble pampered middle class. Me live to be 25 years old before drop dead of old age.

:tongue:

9. RideRocket

Gold Member

Ditto. Although highly unlikely, it is possible. As Pappy and others have said, play safe and use protection.

10. Matthew

Gold Member

You rarely know for certain that your potential partner hasn't had sexual contact before.

You may strongly believe it ... but you wouldn't be the first person to catch something that way.

11. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

Have either of you had oral sex before - some STDs can be transmitted this way. If not, then maybe it is a urine infection, thrush or another non-sexually transmitted problem. It's up to you to decide how much you trust your partner and up to them how much they trust you.

If you trust them 100%, them you have nothing to worry about. If you are unsure, then you should get tested. For now, make sure you both play safe i.e. condoms.

Looking back I'm not sure if you have any symptoms or if this is a hypothetical scenario. Either way, be safe and I hope everything is OK for you.

12. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

If no sex means no oral, you're fine. If either one had oral sex (the blower or the blowee) I can think of 3 or 4 nasty STD's you can get.

13. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

What is the STD? The contraction routes differ for each.

Draft saved Draft deleted