Little girl in "3:00 AM" ad is an Obama supporter

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HazelGod, Mar 10, 2008.

1. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I heard about this several days ago, but it looks like the mainstream media has picked up on it as well.

An old roommate's father is a founding partner in the ad firm who created that spot...she told me it's old stock footage, voiced over, etc. No big surprise, given the speed it was put out.

It turns out the little girl in the ad is now on the verge of turning 18, and has been actively campaigning for Barack Obama.

Ultimately, it's inconsequential...I just think it's amusing CNN has run with it now. Poor Hillary...everything she tries seems to come back and bite her in the ass somehow.

2. transformer_99

Gold Member

How terrible, this 18 year old now has a conscience after selling her video to Getty for stock use. She needs to read her model release more closely. How old was she and her parents again when they were cashing that check ? She played the role of an 8 year old, so if the math on it is accurate with her portrayal when she actually was 8 (and that wasn't a lie), that makes it 10 years ago she was trying her hand at acting/modeling @ 8 years old. And then to see her parlaying this for further personal gain and self-promotion ? Yep, there is no story without the controversial irony of it all. She's even offered to do a sequel. Will there be a Casey 2, 3, 4, 5, even Casey 6 like the Rocky movies ?

3. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

I'm guessing winning Ohio (and maybe TX) because of the ad will still win out in the Clinton campaign HQ over learning that the "girl" is an Obama supporter. As you said, it's pretty much inconsequential.

4. dong20

Gold Member

What a load of judgmental crap the above is.

5. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I guess you can't blame it to her lack of conscience. If I remember correctly, an 8-year-old isn't yet of legal age to close a business deal, so stop sniping at her.

However, I'm wondering what the bottom line of that ad is. Should I vote Hillary, only because she can find the way to the phone in the White House at 3 AM? I guess some advertising man or woman was really running out of ideas here.

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
  7. transformer_99

Gold Member

I don't think it is, I've had the experience of being in the stock photography industry and more specifically worked with a Getty photographer. Just my point of view, from an insider's viewpoint. Most of what goes on in the advertising game is calculated and scripted. I don't think it's mere coincidence this young lady shows up on Good Morning America for another 15 minutes of fame after a dormant video is revived after 10 years ? I just don't buy into it one bit.

8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with your first post and this one. The fact that she is a rabid obama supporter means nothing to me, she was a fuckin child model. I've seen her on a couple shows touting herself and saying she could become a national delegate or some shit. A lot of obama fans are gullible so they can't pick up on it.

9. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

I'm just laughing at Hillary's campaign.

They've done an abysmal job ... it's almost schizophrenic.

1. It's inevitable...Hillary will be the nominee (she told Katie Couric before the race began in an interview "how disappointed will you be if you don't get the nominee" "Well I know I'll be the nominee..blah blah..no I haven't given it any thought that I won't."

2. She's the candidate for change (in response to Obama's Iowa win being an indication of voters wanting change) for 35 years.

3. She's not the establishment candidate - Obama is, the establishment is supporting him, not Hillary. That bit was laughed at by every pundit, talk show host, public policy and analysis show, college kid, grandmother, etc. former 92 Clinton campaign staff - Stephanopolus laughed at that suggestion that Obama was the establishment candidate.

4. Obama so inexperienced, he doesn't know how to pick up a phone at 3 am. Hillary wins but he gets more delegate votes and Texas had two votes, Primary race results came in first, not caucus.

5. Oops 3am child was a getty image and is not a child any more, is an 18 year old adult, her image was in a stock image and used in a campaign that does not represent her political beliefs. Make the most of that opportunity, you're not supporting Hillary all the kids on campus like Obama, people would recognize my 8 year old image.

6. Pulls an old movie intermission break - throwing salt on the screen - to make people thirsty, by telling voters, some of you wish you could vote for us both - you might get a chance to do that later. Suggesting that though she is running number 2, she is offering number 1, the number 2 slot, if only you'll put her in the number 1 slot - so she can tap him.

I can only imagine how scattered her administration would be.

10. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you know?...The woman who asked the question that brought HRC to artificial tears (she is a Vulcan as we both know) ended up voting for our leader Obama too?

Now THAT's news!

Draft saved Draft deleted