Live Earth

Andre80

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's on Bravo on my local cablesystem, and it's shaping up to be an excellent concert. I believe that it is also simulcast on MSN (.com). Check it out if you have a few free moments.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
It's on Bravo on my local cablesystem, and it's shaping up to be an excellent concert. I believe that it is also simulcast on MSN (.com). Check it out if you have a few free moments.

There is NOTHING I want to do more!! It looks like it will be great! I really hope they broadcast clips from all the performances and not just the ones local to New York and London:smile:

Andre80

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They are playing something from Johannesburg right now...

AWESOME drumming.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have to say that I thought this Live Earth stuff was a complete crock of shit. We've already tried this Live concert crap and guess what? We've still got poverty and AIDs and starvation. A bunch of rich fucks singing songs on stage and trying to "raise awareness" for something few of them will ever actually come into contact with or do anything about doesn't save the World and never will unless we are attacked by a bunch of extremely sound sensitive aliens.

In the end, I think, as a race you can tell us as many times as you want that we're gonig to run headlong into a brick wall, but we'll run into it anyway. We have to make the fuck up before we will do anything about it. Similarly we have to melt the polar ice caps and exterminate most of the rest of the life on this planet before we realise that we fucked it up.

We'll only stop using carbon fuels when it becomes too expensive to dig them out of the ground. End of story.

Apart from that the lineup for the concert was pretty good wasn't it?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have to say that I thought this Live Earth stuff was a complete crock of shit. ...
Predictable.
A bunch of rich fucks singing songs on stage ...
And the stages were in various parts of the world; meaning the stuff had to transported to each location. I doubt if they used surface shipping. That would take too long. I'm saying 747s, DC-10s, 707s, and DC-8s. Then once set up the "rich fucks" hopped into their private jets and burn tons of fossil fuel getting there. Brilliant?
We'll only stop using carbon fuels when it becomes too expensive to dig them out of the ground. End of story.
You might be facetious or sarcastic but economics is what will put an end to fossil fuels. Someday they'll become too expensive to burn gluttonously. A minor little problem, though, along the way: the polar caps may melt and the equatorial zones may become uninhabitable.:biggrin1: