livescience

D_Amyntas Lillydong

Account Disabled
Media
here is the link:

10 Surprising Sex Statistics | LiveScience

#9 states that the average length of an erect penis is 5-7 inches. for girth it is 4-6 inches. source is the kinsey institute which is in the United States. actually indiana university, bloomington, indiana. i'm a hoosier. just thought i would put it out there. i know some people may think kinsey's study's are skewed though.

Last edited:

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
That "average" seems so broad as to be meaningless ... probably half of all men fall into the 5-7" range. It's sort of like saying the average person is 4 to 6 feet tall, or the average American's income is $25,000 to $100,000.

The Kinsey studies on men are 60 years old and, if I recall correctly, were based on men's self-reporting of penis size. And we all know from the LPSG that self-reporting allows men to, ahem, exaggerate! :wink:

There have been many more rigorous studies conducted since then, most of which have placed the average at closer to 5" than Kinsey's 6" figure.

Steve

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
P.S.: It's funny (and ironic) that the page leads off with, "Relax, guys," and then proceeds to cite old data that would lead something like 75 percent of men to believe they are below average. Nothing has done more than the Kinsey report to convince generations of men that they don't measure up!

For the record: Newer, better studies say average is about 5.1", with 6" (Kinsey's self-reported average) at about the 75th percentile and 7" at about the 95th percentile. To say that 5-7" is the norm clearly skews the bell curve upward.

Steve