Living in a small town rural region, unable to meet women

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cjc2806, Sep 23, 2008.

1. cjc2806

cjc2806 Member

Albums:
    Im 30 / male, living in the western NY State region....6 hours west from NY and 2 hours south of the Canadian border....

Its a region of small towns...Im a 30 year old guy, but never run into interesting women. It seems they are all either hooked up / married, if they're in my age range or even a bit older, they have like 5 kids....one kid is ok....but Brady Bunch? no way.....or else they have weird tatoos and piercings....or they are young children or teens... or old ladies..

Being almost 31 my age range goes from 21. to mid 40s about....for hookups , dating or whatever...I know the obvious solution is to move, but thats not viable right now for me, Im kinda here for a bit longer while I get certain things in order for myself before a move is possible.

Im sure other guys.....live in small town regions......and may have some difficulty..I mean to meet someone interesting and attractive around here is like getting struck by lightning, the way it seems....

Where do you look and find these ladies if you're stuck in a rural region like this?? They have to be hiding somewhere, and I cant believe there are zero, but when I drive around the small sized city/town that I live near, and other small towns its the same thing over and over.

2. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    Well in contrast to you I am a female in my early 30's, have one child, 2 tattoos, a disability, and yeah I can meet people but they are never looking for the same as me. They either smoke, have been married too many times, don't know how to manage the money they make, and rarely seem responsible. Drives me batty, so I simply rarely date. I've yet to find someone that interests me. I like intelligent conversation vs just someone who wants to talk sex or about their ex. So, finding someone interesting for me is a huge challenge as well. I can sympathize with you on this topic.

3. cjc2806

cjc2806 Member

Albums:
    so you know how it is...see Im not the only one, but it sucks....especially when the weather is bad....I mean once in a long while I run into someone cute and classy or whatever...and its like, Im not in a situation to talk up the woman or something, its like some awkward time where you just wouldnt do that, like society interacting rules, ...like knowing when and when not to say stuff....there are no good ice breaking places where I ever run into ladies.....no trendy cool places to go...or interesting stuff to do...The only time there is an influx of young women is when the college kids come back in the fall and then there are a bunch of college age ones, but even they seem to all know each other, and are already hooked up and what not.

Draft saved Draft deleted