Living in the Suburbs

And yeah, you can blame your childhood on where you grew up. If it isn't completely clear to you, those who come from tailer parks are third-class in the myopic eyes of stupid school kids who believe that their parents' perception of class remotely equates to the true value of a human being.

People are cruel for no other reason that they can find socially-acceptable justification to be so. This situation is something I'm sure you can understand.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like my gated Community!!!
The security keeps out the Bible bashers,ex husbands, Parents and any other undesirables from turning up uninvited.
If someone wants in security merely buzzes me and if i don't want to see them I don't get to deal with them.
My neigbours keep to themselves, and they are too far away to be woken up by my occasional rowdy escapades.
I can leave my cars out on the drive way of a night and in the morning wake and find that no one has broken into them and stollen the stereo or slashed the seats.
It's a safer way to live for a single girl on her own.

Part of life is learning to live with reality. Gated communities aren't real.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
While growing up, I spent a few years in the city. It was great.

My elementary school had many after-school programs. I took Judo and pottery. I'd walk home afterward. Sometimes I'd stop by the youth center and play some bball. Sometimes I'd hang around the arcade and play Pac Man (yeah I'm old), or I'd hang around the comic store until they got sick of me. I was never exposed to drugs or violence at any time.

Then we moved to the burbs, I could no longer walk home from school. I had to take the bus, so no more extra-curricular activities except the essentials, like wrestling and football. There were plenty of hardcore drugs around, but I stuck to the weed.

Then we moved to the country. It was even worse. The school was 20 miles away, so no football or wrestling at all. If I missed the bus home, it would take my parents an hour to pick me up from school. We got 2 channels on TV. There was nothing to do but hang around with friends, drunk, take drugs, shoot cans, or have sex.

I guess what I'm saying is that the country and the burbs aren't nearly as quaint as people believe. You suburban mothers might be shocked to realize how many meth addicts are in your neighborhood.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Part of life is learning to live with reality. Gated communities aren't real.

Jason My lovely,
I still deal with the reality of life....every day I deal with the REALITY of the past.
Reality, my dear Jason sucks.
Some of us with the means to do so find a nice quiet, soft place so we can choose to be buffered, to have breathing space, to build up reserves so we can be brave again to face the outside reality.