Living/working in america

little_ONE

Experimental Member
Media
hi guys,

in a few years time i would like to move to america, or at least spend a couple of months/years there.

i was just woundering what i need to live and work there?

Cheers

PS do u have to be 21 to work in a bar in america?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hi guys,

in a few years time i would like to move to america, or at least spend a couple of months/years there.

i was just woundering what i need to live and work there?

Cheers

PS do u have to be 21 to work in a bar in america?

Well, I think America is great... depends on what part you want to be in, though. Some areas aren't so great. :) As far as working in a bar... I think that varies from state to state. In the state of Missouri, I'm almost positive you can get a liquor license at age 18, which allows you to serve open containers.. but don't quote me on that.

dags

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Drinking age used to be 18 at least in the upper midwest states. That all changed to 21 in the mid 1980's. You would also need to be drinking age to serve liquor, bartending or waiting tables.
I've done both on and off over the years, you can make really good money doing that type of work and depending on where you choose to work.
I would suggest doing some investigating among the bars and eateries in and around the location you choose to reside here. You don't want to be out in the country, stay near an urban center.
At one point I was making $500 to $650 per week just in tips, not including wage. And I knew some other waiters that were making alot more than that. Good Luck!

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

i was just wondering what i need to live and work there?

Where are you from? Getting a visa is probably the first hurdle you need to overcome and your nationality will play a big part in that. If you're planning on coming over without a visa, then you need to be careful about where you apply for a job. Generally, you need to be 21 to serve alcohol. If English is your native language, an accent can be considered cool by many but be prepared for a lot of ignorant questions.