Liz Cheney, defending father's legacy, makes 22 TV appearances in less than a month

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Jun 5, 2009.

1. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

In December of 2001 and all of 2002, Dick Cheney spent an inordinate amount of time using the media ("Meet the Press", "Fox News Sunday", "This Week", "Face the Nation") to get out his message linking Saddam Hussein to 9/11, WMD and al-qaeda (all false connections).

Now, Liz Cheney is making the rounds defending her father in a series of television appearances, 22 times in less than a month, and in many of those appearances, she wasn’t challenged by a counterpart or by interviewers in any meaningful sense.

Fox News: 10 times

MSNBC: 6 times

CNN: 4 times

ABC: 2 times

Thank god for people like Eugene Robinson in this "Morning Joe" appearance:

YouTube - Cheney v. Robinson on Bush Interrogation Policies

Or Lawrence O'Donnell

YouTube - Liz Cheney and Lawrence O'Donnell Square Off on GMA

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Two points:

A) You see where those appearances are weighted.
    B) You notice which Cheney daughter it is.

3. SEXXXX

SEXXXX New Member

Albums:
    hey, blood is thicker than............beer in gay bars

4. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

I really appreciate Eugene Robinson saying (refering to waterboarding):

""If it's illegal -- if I am right and you are wrong -- then it doesn't matter that I can get a lawyer to write an opinion saying it's legal.... Any government that wanted to torture anybody can always get a lawyer to write an opinion saying it's ok."

(Bush and Cheney got their own Office of Legal Council to create memos saying that torture - IETs - were ok. -- In an August 2002 memo, Bush administration lawyers said that in order for it to be called "torture" that physical torture "must be equivalent in intensity to the pain accompanying serious physical injury, such as organ failure, impairment of bodily function, or even death" ..... in other words, as long as there was no "organ failure" or "death" that came out of the interrogation sessions, it was not torture. The Justice Department also opined that for a cruel or inhuman psychological technique to rise to the level of mental torture, the psychological harm must last "months or even years".... in other words everything was kept very vague - "must last years" - to rise to the level of torture.)

5. sargon20

Gold Member

One of the most disappointing things in this life is they got away with it. Bruce Fein on Bill Moyers The Journal would have asked Obama:

BRUCE FEIN: I would have asked him, since he's agreed that what was done was torture, and that the United States criminal code makes torture a crime. And there's no national security exception, no exception if you get useful information. And because we had impeached, in the House Judiciary Committee, a former President, called Richard Nixon, for failing faithfully to execute the laws. How he can justify not moving forward with an investigation when we have a former President and Vice President openly acknowledging they authorized water boarding, what he has described as torture, is a crime.

Or in the alternative, if he thinks that there are mitigating circumstances, and there's body language suggests that, then he should pardon them like Ford did Richard Nixon. And the reason why the difference between a pardon and non-prosecution is important, is because a pardon requires the recipient to acknowledge guilt. That there was wrongdoing. There was a crime. Just forgetting and sweeping it under the rug suggests this wasn't illegal.

....torture isn't a Republican or Democratic prohibition. We ratified the Convention against Torture in the Senate. We passed it and made it a crime. It's not a Republican or Democratic issue. Moreover, with regard to this idea of well, as long as we got good information, then we can flout the law. That's not how you do it in the United States. I've been around for 41 years. If you think the law is deficient, then we should have repealed the torture statute.

In fact, if it was so important to undertake waterboarding and torture, Cheney should be out there demanding that it be reinstituted. Because he still agrees that we've got Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda out there, wanting to plot and kill us.

Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

I don't think Obama or the democrats want to spend the political capital to go after them. This is a crucial difference between the democrats and the republicans. Republicans realize you need to kill the enemy hence the shoot first ask questions later mentality. It's a grave disappointment they are going to walk. Further I don't think Obama has done enough to communicate to the public just how much we have lost to fear. Are we not willing to die for anything? Not willing to die for our beliefs? Or do we just leave that to 'the troops'. Rah rah 'Support The Troops'.

6. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It took additional 3 years to go after the war criminal after WWII, because they were busy rebuilding a country. I am confidence that Cheney is building his case for a war crime trial, the more he talks the deeper he is digging. Not only are we finding out that he authorize torture, but we may also find out his role in neglect of the preeminent 9/11 attack plan on his watch. Our economy will become stable again, and then we'll go after the bastard that use torture on teens capture from the unprovoked war in Iraq.

7. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Not exactly....

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: No Prosecution Because No Crime
    Bush didn't pardon Cheney, others or himself because that would have admitted guilt.

Obama is burdened with the task of keeping us safe. If Obama believes he can do it with a can of coke and a few cookies why argue?

8. houtx48

Gold Member

what legacy? death, destruction and corruption?

9. SEXXXX

SEXXXX New Member

Albums:
    I thought the point laid on Liz conflicting homosexuality and her supporting Dick's far right agenda

It's starting to look like another Dick's bashing

Let me know if I missed the point

#9 SEXXXX, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  10. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it's pretty clear that Liz Cheney is going to be running for office in the near future.

11. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    couldn't give a fuck about waterboarding... I hope it stays within "underground" policy... where it's been and belongs.

by all means necessary.

12. SEXXXX

SEXXXX New Member

Albums:
    sure, unless it happens to you

13. houtx48

Gold Member

pictures of large breasted women do not make you str8.

14. dreamer20

Gold Member

15. SEXXXX

SEXXXX New Member

Albums:
  16. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

I think you are right on Industrialsize....when pol-personalities whore themselves to the talk show circut like this, it's because they are on a fishing expedition for likeability numbers.

17. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Dick and Liz Cheney do not seem to understand Google, Youtube, and other tools of the modern era, where reporters (if any still exist) can fact-check what they said and when they said it. I have never seen a more committed practitioner of the 'big lie' than this Dick.

18. chevychas

chevychas New Member

i call him big asshole family!

Draft saved Draft deleted