Liza M.'s take on Beyonce's Single Ladies...love it or hate it?

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Even her mother, Judy, wouldn't touch those rap songs and she did cover songs when she was a girl, too. While did cover songs when she was a teenager and adult, she also did it with class. Poor Liza went to the route when songs like that don't need covering at......it could be made be either bands of punk or indie, but giving to Liza who is Broadway-ish is a bit of a stretch. Just my take, that is.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, whats to say. Liza is Liza. she never was much of a Singer, but usually pulled it off as a "performer"... The performance was typical "drag queen" camp that fit the tone of the movie. Afterall she was performing it at a GAY wedding.... Would you have expected any LESS ???? Senior citizens need to work too. Give the ole girl a break.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
My favourite musical of all time is Cabaret, I have a whole Wiemar, Bertolt Brecht, Christopher Isherwood, Lili Marleen, Bauhaus, thing going on.

I always thought Liza was amazing in Cabaret. The songs are brilliant, and she sings them perfectly. I've never seen her do anything else I liked, it's a shame her voice has deteriorated. But this was for laughs and it certainly gets those.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My, how the boys can turn on you. LOL. I love her. She is like 64. What do people want? She has had some serious medical issues that changed her vocal delivery. It is sad but she keeps a going. I believe her work in this movie is really a comic scene and should be taken as such. I have to tell you I have seen her perform a few times over the years. She is still entertaining even now but I wish you could have seen her work in the early 80s. I was in high school and went to see her perform for the first time. I have never seen such a person on stage. Her singing and dancing was incredible. Her energy in that theatre has never been matched by another performer. I don't believe a person should be defined with their weakest work but defined with their best work. I feel really lucky to have seen her at her height. She always has a vulnerable quality and I just hate to hear people say bad things about her. I would like to see her go back to some character roles. I think it would be her best transition into credible work again.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This was done as a piss take for the new Sex In The City movie. It's meant to be funny. It fits within the context of the movie. I love it. Very funny. I'm not a fan Of Beyonce at all. I like Liza's version better.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought it was fun; you have to take it in the context for which it was intended. A friend of mine used to live in the building where she lives and I somehow manage to run into her every 5-8 years and she is always lovely. I'm still holding a small grudge that she cancelled her performance the night I had tickets to her show last year but I'll get over it... in time.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My, how the boys can turn on you. LOL. I love her. She is like 64. What do people want? She has had some serious medical issues that changed her vocal delivery. It is sad but she keeps a going. I believe her work in this movie is really a comic scene and should be taken as such. I have to tell you I have seen her perform a few times over the years. She is still entertaining even now but I wish you could have seen her work in the early 80s. I was in high school and went to see her perform for the first time. I have never seen such a person on stage. Her singing and dancing was incredible. Her energy in that theatre has never been matched by another performer. I don't believe a person should be defined with their weakest work but defined with their best work. I feel really lucky to have seen her at her height. She always has a vulnerable quality and I just hate to hear people say bad things about her. I would like to see her go back to some character roles. I think it would be her best transition into credible work again.
Well said!:smile:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Super Liza is funny. I bet she thinks these versions of her are funny too. She seems to have a great sense of humor. Mario Canton does a great Liza too