Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Less than 24 hours after Fox announced the launch of Palin's series "Real American Stories," LL Cool J was claiming people were being mislead.

The network's release for the show, included a line reading: "Additionally, rapper and actor, LL Cool J, and the former chairman and CEO of General Electric, Jack Welch, will both speak about their success in this country in a segment entitled, "In Their Own Words.'"

What wasn't said, however, was that the LL Cool J segment was taken from an interview he did with Fox in 2008, where he talks fondly about his grandfather.

"Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else and are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palin's show. WOW," he wrote on Twitter.

The clip of LL Cool J intended for the show was a minute and eight seconds long. After hearing of his dissatisfaction, Fox programmers pulled the segment from the show.

The official reply from Fox was given in a statement by Fox News Channel's head of programming Bill Shine:

"‘Real American Stories' features uplifting tales about overcoming adversity and we believe Mr. Smith's interview fit that criteria. However, as it appears that Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."

Classy huh?...but then again, the publicity has already served it's purpose.

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Damn they are desperate to promote her. Shouldn't brand new shows concentrate more on getting new stuff, not dredging up old crap?

I also like those little digs
could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career.
with the insinuation that he doesn't want to be an inspiration and his "fledgling" acting career. Considering he has starred in movies it really isn't fledgling :rolleyes:

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn they are desperate to promote her. Shouldn't brand new shows concentrate more on getting new stuff, not dredging up old crap?

I also like those little digs with the insinuation that he doesn't want to be an inspiration and his "fledgling" acting career. Considering he has starred in movies it really isn't fledgling :rolleyes:

They actually went a little beyond insinuation. Talk about a slimy, back handed way of saying "sorry, we won't use it".

I mean...the nerve of him not wanting an old interview segment of his used as a promotional tool for her "fledgling" television career. :rolleyes:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I also like those little digs with the insinuation that he doesn't want to be an inspiration and his "fledgling" acting career. Considering he has starred in movies it really isn't fledgling :rolleyes:
I never knew foxes could be so catty!:biggrin1:
Sorry!:tongue:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Less than 24 hours after Fox announced the launch of Palin's series "Real American Stories," LL Cool J was claiming people were being mislead.

"Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else and are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palin's show. WOW," he wrote on Twitter.

The clip of LL Cool J intended for the show was a minute and eight seconds long. After hearing of his dissatisfaction, Fox programmers pulled the segment from the show.

Fox also did the same thing with Toby Keith:
Toby Keith didn't know his interview would air on Sarah Palin show, either, his rep says | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

"And now a representative for country music star Toby Keith said he didn’t know he was going to be part of the program."

I suspect Fox is pulling a publicity stunt with these curious antics to bump up the ratings for Palin's show.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
The way they apoligised was sick. Trying to make him the bad guy?

Ever seen the scene in Dogma where, Matt damon (?) goes into the boardroom and shots them all? Nice if that happened at Foxnews